Age Old question of CAI - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:53 PM   #176
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If we need to do a separate test at a separate time we can, however, we figured we would take data from either end of the spectrum (stock and the largest aftermarket CAI) and just interpolate the data in the middle, which is where the air raid would fall.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #177
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Perfect! Thanks guys. 👍

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Very interested in the results! Do either of you guys have access to an airaid to perform the same test?

Sent from LG G3.
Not yet. If anyone here is in the Southeast Texas area and will let us borrow an Airraid for automatic transmission, please get in touch. I'm in Bryan/College Station and Volt is in Houston.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #179
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
If we need to do a separate test at a separate time we can, however, we figured we would take data from either end of the spectrum (stock and the largest aftermarket CAI) and just interpolate the data in the middle, which is where the air raid would fall.
I was thinking, what was in many people's minds is whether an Airaid would test out about the same as stock, or better. Now it sounds like you're assuming that Airaid would be in the middle between stock and Steeda.
Don't believe you can interpolate for an Airaid without some kind of test data on it?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:16 PM   #180
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I was thinking, what was in many people's minds is whether an Airaid would test out about the same as stock, or better. Now it sounds like you're assuming that Airaid would be in the middle between stock and Steeda.
Don't believe you can interpolate for an Airaid without some kind of test data on it?
Is the Steeda filter bigger than the Jlt on the 11plus? I ask because the Jlt is the largest on the 3v
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #181
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you take the biggest CAI there is and there are no gains, the Air raid will likely show no gains either. If the largest CAI there is shows very marginal gains, we can assume the air raid will be even slightly more marginal. I think everyone here already knows the answer to that question, we're just taking the time to actually answer it.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:45 PM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you take the biggest CAI there is and there are no gains, the Air raid will likely show no gains either. If the largest CAI there is shows very marginal gains, we can assume the air raid will be even slightly more marginal. I think everyone here already knows the answer to that question, we're just taking the time to actually answer it.
I think we missed the point, way back.
The problem is you can't test the Steeda without a tune. Right?
That's why I had mistakenly suggested way back to run the Steeda with the insert tube which would allow it to be used without a tune. Then I found out that only applies to the GT.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:17 PM   #183
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think we missed the point, way back.
The problem is you can't test the Steeda without a tune. Right?
That's why I had mistakenly suggested way back to run the Steeda with the insert tube which would allow it to be used without a tune. Then I found out that only applies to the GT.
Correct.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:26 AM   #184
Registered Member
Regular

I'm thinking pretty much every "No Tune Required " CAI is going to test about the same. Some differences between them based on material used and how the filter flows as well?
Old 10-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I'm thinking pretty much every "No Tune Required " CAI is going to test about the same. Some differences between them based on material used and how the filter flows as well?
Agree! All the more reason why it would have been nice to include one in the tests to compare it to stock.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #186
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
How did this get sooooo screwed up.?????????????

Mustang Manual originally asked this question:

Quote:
Ok so i have some money to spend on some car parts. I'm considering the airraid cold air intake (14 v6) as an option. But a lot of people are saying its not worth it as the factory is a really good intake. also I cant afford the tuner right now.

So in you opinion is it worth it for me go get a CAI? or should i wait and get something else?
Weather the AirAid is worth getting--We will never ever know.
I do know that it looks good---Sounds great___ and I'm sure it ain't going to damage your engine.
Ronnie

PS: Now let me go put on my flame retarding suit.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

Again, if anyone is willing to donate an Airraid for an automatic to me and Voltwings to use for the weekend of 10/16, we will do it.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:02 PM   #188
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Again, if anyone is willing to donate an Airraid for an automatic to me and Voltwings to use for the weekend of 10/16, we will do it.
I'd be glad to chip in but don't think there's time to make it for the scheduled weekend.
I think AM should loan you one if they have any confidence in it beating stock. If they refuse that wouldn't look good to all those potential buyers.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:04 PM   #189
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd be glad to chip in but don't think there's time to make it for the scheduled weekend.
I think AM should loan you one if they have any confidence in it beating stock. If they refuse that wouldn't look good to all those potential buyers.
To be fair, Airraid should be offering one then, not AM. AM offers several different ones ... send us one of each ! lol and pay for the dyno time ! and a few snickers bars for me, cuz lord knows i get cranky when im hungry !
Old 10-05-2015, 09:10 PM   #190
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
To be fair, Airraid should be offering one then, not AM. AM offers several different ones ... send us one of each ! lol and pay for the dyno time ! and a few snickers bars for me, cuz lord knows i get cranky when im hungry !
NO NO no dyno test! LOL
Old 10-05-2015, 09:15 PM   #191
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
NO NO no dyno test! LOL
oh, right right right, i meant drag strip rental. Eish.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #192
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have to agree. Anyone who starts a new company or has ANY faith in a product should stand behind it 100% although AM does not make them so I wouldn't expect them to donate however Airaid or the company that manufactures it should be the ones to donate for testing. Free R&D for them!
Old 10-07-2015, 03:26 PM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I agree with you. First mod I did almost a year ago was install the airaid CAI. It felt like the throttle improved a bit, but the sound at WOT was amazing. I got a steeda tune less than a week later and that improved the throttle response and shift points (auto) greatly. I sat in a stock mustang not too long ago and have to admit it sounded a bit too quiet jaja.
VeryVeryEvilGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:07 AM   #194
Registered Member
Regular

Well, yall owe Mr. Sakib a big thanks. He drove the 1.5 to 2 hours or so down to my area so we could do this testing, and we got a lot of neat data that we are going to try to compile within the next few days and finally have some definitive information here.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #195
Registered Member
Regular

And that's Dr. Sakib, Mr. Voltwings! lol

Volt and I are going to be really busy with data analysis for the next 2-3 days. We collected A LOT. Very interesting results, sorry to keep you all in suspense. Let me just say, I'm glad we took the pressure gauge readings in addition to everything else.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #196
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And that's Dr. Sakib, Mr. Voltwings! lol

Volt and I are going to be really busy with data analysis for the next 2-3 days. We collected A LOT. Very interesting results, sorry to keep you all in suspense. Let me just say, I'm glad we took the pressure gauge readings in addition to everything else.
So you leave us with a cliffhanger with that last sentence.LOL
Old 10-19-2015, 10:32 AM   #197
Registered Member
Regular

Very excited to SEE some real results on this...
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #198
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
thx to both of you
Old 10-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So you leave us with a cliffhanger with that last sentence.LOL
LOL! Yep, trying to build up the anticipation like a movie trailer!

But seriously, we are basically going to write a white paper on this. So what you get by waiting is rigorous data analysis and thorough interpretation. Then there will be fewer questions to answer and more interesting discussion, rather than if we just throw up the data we collected right now without thinking it through. That would just lead to confusion and debating.

Wait... debating is probably going to happen no matter what we do, lol. This is the internet.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:48 AM   #200
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOL! Yep, trying to build up the anticipation like a movie trailer!

But seriously, we are basically going to write a white paper on this. So what you get by waiting is rigorous data analysis and thorough interpretation. Then there will be fewer questions to answer and more interesting discussion, rather than if we just throw up the data we collected right now without thinking it through. That would just lead to confusion and debating.

Wait... debating is probably going to happen no matter what we do, lol. This is the internet.
Funny! I was thinking this before I saw it.LOL
Old 10-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #201
Registered Member
Regular

heh heh
Old 10-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #202
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Patiently waiting
Old 10-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #203
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Patiently waiting
It doesn't sound like you're being very patient to me.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:06 PM   #204
Registered Member
Regular

Lol well i wont keep you guys on the edge of your seats, its going to take until next week some time.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

HOLY HELL! LOL I saw the update in my Subscription page with your name as the newest post and about jumped out of my seat in excitement only to see this

Quote:
Lol well i wont keep you guys on the edge of your seats, its going to take until next week some time.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:55 AM   #206
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
HOLY HELL! LOL I saw the update in my Subscription page with your name as the newest post and about jumped out of my seat in excitement only to see this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	got em.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	192644  
Old 10-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #207
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry for the delay, y'all. Analysis is mostly done, write-up is not even started yet, and I'll be traveling, so it will likely be the first half of next week.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:17 AM   #208
Registered Member
Regular

Hey...I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your money back!
Old 10-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #209
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Hey...I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your money back!
Should the test results show negative results for the aftermarket intake, this could hamper everyone's selling numbers on Intake kits. LOL

Assuming people ACTUALLY read this thread.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #210
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Well it does have 3k views.,

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai