Age Old question of CAI - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2015, 11:16 AM   #211
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
True. But just because people are viewing it, doesn't mean they are actually reading all of the information. Or the 3K views could be from the same few people constantly revisiting the thread. :O
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #212
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Should the test results show negative results for the aftermarket intake, this could hamper everyone's selling numbers on Intake kits. LOL

Assuming people ACTUALLY read this thread.
I can tell you that the results we got are very informative, and will probably impact purchasing decisions. That's why we are putting a great deal of effort into writing it up very professionally, with excellent figures that communicate the message convincingly. The write up will also include thorough interpretation of the data and its implications. We are writing it like a white paper. We will actually start a new thread for the results, so it doesn't get lost in the middle of the hundreds of posts in this thread. But we will post a link here to that thread so everyone who is following this thread knows where to go.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:33 AM   #213
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I can tell you that the results we got are very informative, and will probably impact purchasing decisions. That's why we are putting a great deal of effort into writing it up very professionally, with excellent figures that communicate the message convincingly. The write up will also include thorough interpretation of the data and its implications. We are writing it like a white paper. We will actually start a new thread for the results, so it doesn't get lost in the middle of the hundreds of posts in this thread. But we will post a link here to that thread so everyone who is following this thread knows where to go.
Without numbers, how do you FEEL the differences were? As in, which setup did you favor more due to outcome? Which seems more practical? Was it so much that it was obvious which was which?
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-22-2015, 11:41 AM   #214
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Without numbers, how do you FEEL the differences were? As in, which setup did you favor more due to outcome? Which seems more practical? Was it so much that it was obvious which was which?
Cant really say much without painting the full picture, we don't want people running away on tangents with only part of the information. There's a LOT of perspective to be taken into account with this data. We're just going to lay everything out as objectively as possible, explain what we think it means, and allow people to make their own decisions. I have a feeling all questions will be answered though.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:43 AM   #215
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Cant really say much without painting the full picture, we don't want people running away on tangents with only part of the information. There's a LOT of perspective to be taken into account with this data. We're just going to lay everything out as objectively as possible, explain what we think it means, and allow people to make their own decisions. I have a feeling all questions will be answered though.
I feel like I am waiting in line for a new movie. LOL
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #216
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I feel like I am waiting in line for a new movie. LOL
You and me both haha. I'll be honest when i say Sakib is really spearheading the work here. I can just kind of provide input as it makes sense to me, but he is really doing the leg work in compiling all this data for you guys.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #217
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I feel like I am waiting in line for a new movie. LOL
Worse, you're 5 years old and you're days away from your birthday party at Disney World
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:12 PM   #218
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Worse, you're 5 years old and you're days away from your birthday party at Disney World
ORRRR.....You are on the toilet and realized there is no toilet paper.....?

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #219
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
ORRRR.....You are on the toilet and realized there is no toilet paper.....?

I hate that
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:14 PM   #220
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
ORRRR.....You are on the toilet and realized there is no toilet paper.....?

OOOOORRRRRRR......you have a massive case of the B.Gs and you're stuck in a meeting at work with the head of your Company
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #221
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
OOOOORRRRRRR......you have a massive case of the B.Gs and you're stuck in a meeting at work with the head of your Company
Having Ulcerative Colitis, I can relate.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:20 PM   #222
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
You guys sure know how to put the pressure on, lol. I'm glad to see that people are excited to see the data. We'll do our best to finish our report asap. I hope the write-up meets and exceeds your expectations!
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:58 AM   #223
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,023
we've been going on tamgents for years with no information....nothing is gonna stop that. It's the internet 17.8% of all the information is just made up.
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:23 AM   #224
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
I agree 1/2 with you on that Mud. I think Dr. SaKib and Voltwings will have the data sorted out enough that If people are forced to read through the information will have no choice but to see its legitimacy. If ppl keep posting up those stupid threads still then we get to blast for not reading whats right in front of them
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:25 AM   #225
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,023
You can send me to school but you can't make me think.
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:26 AM   #226
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cheshire
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
we've been going on tamgents for years with no information....nothing is gonna stop that. It's the internet 17.8% of all the information is just made up.
No. It's 19.2% I didn't make that up!
__________________
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:57 AM   #227
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
I suck at being patient.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:59 AM   #228
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
UGH! VIG!!
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #229
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
UGH! VIG!!

Hahaha sorry sorry!!!!
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:08 AM   #230
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
So it has been a couple of weeks now. Any word on the results?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:15 AM   #231
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,450
I'm actually working on it as we speak. I quit my job to go back to school, and Sakib obviously has his own full time job, so I apologize for the delay but there's a lot going on and we're basically just trying to find time on the nights and weekends to get this done. Sakib and i will also both be at Texas World Speedway the whole weekend for a track event, so lol ... hopefully next week?
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #232
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Alrighty. Was just making sure his thread didnt vanish into a black hole. Lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #233
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
School and work? Such a lame excuse.

Fintile is going to yell at us now.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #234
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
I'm actually working on it as we speak. I quit my job to go back to school, and Sakib obviously has his own full time job, so I apologize for the delay but there's a lot going on and we're basically just trying to find time on the nights and weekends to get this done. Sakib and i will also both be at Texas World Speedway the whole weekend for a track event, so lol ... hopefully next week?
Back to school...good for you. Best of luck to you!
As far as this little project, the results would make a good Xmas present for us.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #235
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Back to school...good for you. Best of luck to you!
As far as this little project, the results would make a good Xmas present for us.
Thanks. Turns out Accounting is kind of boring, so after 5 years im finally biting the bullet and going back to finish my mechanical engineering degree ... hopefully haha.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #236
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Thanks. Turns out Accounting is kind of boring, so after 5 years im finally biting the bullet and going back to finish my mechanical engineering degree ... hopefully haha.
Good for you man. That just seems so much more suiting to you.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:49 PM   #237
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
School and work? Such a lame excuse.

Fintile is going to yell at us now.
LOL, I've actually had a busy week training with my new job. Soon, though. I've been trying to get my own datalogs going but my time hasn't allowed me to do so.
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:03 AM   #238
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Wow, still nothing?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:47 AM   #239
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Wow, still nothing?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
When you see what we wrote you will understand why it took so long. We aren't just showing data. It's a full paper with many kinds of analyses and interpretation. It shows not just which one is faster, but WHY it's faster, with data to back it up. We're getting there though.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:23 AM   #240
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
When you see what we wrote you will understand why it took so long. We aren't just showing data. It's a full paper with many kinds of analyses and interpretation. It shows not just which one is faster, but WHY it's faster, with data to back it up. We're getting there though.
Sorry, don't mean to be impatient. Can't wait to see what you guys wrote up!
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:28 AM   #241
Registered Member
Regular
 
SouthernCyclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Schnars
Region: Alabama
Posts: 290
After owning a Airaid CAI I still think the factory air box with an afe pro dry s filter (or free flowing filter) and Airaid modular pipe (for smoother air path) is the best thing.
According to my interceptor gauge, the air is always right around ambient (city traffic) or cooler (highway). With the Airaid CAI, I was always running hotter then ambient because of under hood heat being sucked in.
The real question for me is does the cooler air charge (factory box setup) provide more power then added air flow with a hotter air charge (CAI).


So can't wait to see results.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #242
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
After owning a Airaid CAI I still think the factory air box with an afe pro dry s filter (or free flowing filter) and Airaid modular pipe (for smoother air path) is the best thing.
According to my interceptor gauge, the air is always right around ambient (city traffic) or cooler (highway). With the Airaid CAI, I was always running hotter then ambient because of under hood heat being sucked in.
The real question for me is does the cooler air charge (factory box setup) provide more power then added air flow with a hotter air charge (CAI).


So can't wait to see results.
sorry to say but the out side air never sits anywhere long enough to change the temp more than a couple degrees before it enters the extremely hot combustion chamber....however

Dr. Sakib and Voltwings will have a full write up soon enough though
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:17 PM   #243
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
sorry to say but the out side air never sits anywhere long enough to change the temp more than a couple degrees before it enters the extremely hot combustion chamber....however

Dr. Sakib and Voltwings will have a full write up soon enough though
"a couple degrees"? But yet it's an undisputed fact that the cooler air makes a difference.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #244
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
"a couple degrees"? But yet it's an undisputed fact that the cooler air makes a difference.
What exactly were you hopping to accomplish posting this here?

Ugh, this is why they are doing the write up....
so lets wait till the facts are provided by those who have done the proper research besides looking at a thermostat in their car.
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:29 AM   #245
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
We are getting really close. It's 7 pages long, so you can imagine how much data and analysis we are showing... These questions that Diehard and Fintile are asking will be answered. Give us just a couple more days; we are basically just editing/proofreading at this point.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The age old question Mustanglulu The Bar 4 03-19-2014 07:33 PM
AGE THREAD: How old are you guys? Borii The Bar 202 05-10-2012 10:09 AM
That age old question.. Seph The Bar 12 06-23-2006 02:02 PM
age and experience tire The Bar 41 08-03-2003 09:55 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:11 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.