Age Old question of CAI - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-17-2015, 10:18 AM   #246
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
What exactly were you hopping to accomplish posting this here?

Ugh, this is why they are doing the write up....
so let's wait till the facts are provided by those who have done the proper research besides looking at a thermostat in their car.
Perhaps I should have asked that of your comment. I simply thought it sounded like a negative implication that the cooler air won't matter much anyway, relative to providing more power.
Just wanted to point out that the cooler inlet air effect on providing more power is already a proven fact. Don't think the awaited test info will get into that area specifically, without consideration of volumes, pressures, etc.
Sorry, no harm intended.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-17-2015, 10:41 AM   #247
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Perhaps I should have asked that of your comment. I simply thought it sounded like a negative implication that the cooler air won't matter much anyway, relative to providing more power.
Just wanted to point out that the cooler inlet air effect on providing more power is already a proven fact. Don't think the awaited test info will get into that area specifically, without consideration of volumes, pressures, etc.
Sorry, no harm intended.
We considered and measured both MAF (better than volume) and pressure. Anyway. Don't want to bait discussion before we post the full report. You guys will see soon enough.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:12 PM   #248
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Perhaps I should have asked that of your comment. I simply thought it sounded like a negative implication that the cooler air won't matter much anyway, relative to providing more power.
Just wanted to point out that the cooler inlet air effect on providing more power is already a proven fact. Don't think the awaited test info will get into that area specifically, without consideration of volumes, pressures, etc.
Sorry, no harm intended.
Ahhhh, heh heh. Ok. That confused me for a second. I was just implying that for how quickly the air travels from ouside the car to the engine it might change but a couple degrees with the airaid, bbk or Injen style CAI vs stock so the statement of heat soak isn't really a factor with our cars so much. Lol sorry didn't mean to come off harsh.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
We considered and measured both MAF (better than volume) and pressure. Anyway. Don't want to bait discussion before we post the full report. You guys will see soon enough.
I finished 50 shades weeks ago and in desperate need of another good book to read ;-P
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-17-2015, 02:16 PM   #249
Registered Member
Regular
 
iamcesarmiranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: van nuys
Region: California
Posts: 66
I personally have bbk cai with bbk tb and I definitely felt the response, the sound did improve for a CAI.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
iamcesarmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #250
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Any update on this bad mamma jamma?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:00 PM   #251
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Any update on this bad mamma jamma?
Yes, the weekend is here, my girlfriend is travelling, and I don't have much other work to do, so I'm going to buckle down and knock the rest of this out this weekend. You guys will have it on Monday and we will be done with it! Can't wait to be done.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:13 PM   #252
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Yes, the weekend is here, my girlfriend is travelling, and I don't have much other work to do, so I'm going to buckle down and knock the rest of this out this weekend. You guys will have it on Monday and we will be done with it! Can't wait to be done.

This is the most excited I've been for a Monday in a long time.
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:22 PM   #253
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Yes, the weekend is here, my girlfriend is travelling, and I don't have much other work to do, so I'm going to buckle down and knock the rest of this out this weekend. You guys will have it on Monday and we will be done with it! Can't wait to be done.
Thank you, i literally work 12:00pm - 10:00pm all weekend lol
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:25 PM   #254
Registered Member
Regular
 
mark_ash0426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Thank you, i literally work 12:00pm - 10:00pm all weekend lol

I wish i worked those hours 🙄


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:23 PM   #255
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Nice!
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:21 AM   #256
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
By end of the day today.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:35 PM   #257
VIG
Registered Member
Regular
 
VIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington
Region: Delaware
Posts: 1,238
Age Old question of CAI

On the edge of my seat!!!!!


IG: The_Notorious_VIG_
__________________
IG: workshardplayshard
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #258
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
He's running out of time and I guess I need to read back through this thread. Why is Sakib the foremost authority on this subject and gonna answer all the questions? When he is done with this maybe he can figure out what came first the chicken or the egg?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:25 PM   #259
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
He's running out of time and I guess I need to read back through this thread. Why is Sakib the foremost authority on this subject and gonna answer all the questions? When he is done with this maybe he can figure out what came first the chicken or the egg?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
It's a dual effort with Voltwings, I believe, taking the lead on testing and interpreting test results. While Sakib is a Research Scientist with I believe a PhD. Well let's just say he's a smart dude that's assisting in both testing and compiling of the final results.
Oh yeah...
According to the Creator of chickens, and the author of the Record of their origins, chickens came first. It was on the Fifth Day of Creation Week that He created "every winged fowl after [their] kind" (Genesis 1:21) complete with the DNA to reproduce that kind. Then He "blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply" (v.22) using that DNA. For the chickens this meant lay chicken eggs. Problem solved.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:46 PM   #260
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
It's a dual effort with Voltwings, I believe, taking the lead on testing and interpreting test results. While Sakib is a Research Scientist with I believe a PhD. Well let's just say he's a smart dude that's assisting in both testing and compiling of the final results.

Oh yeah...

According to the Creator of chickens, and the author of the Record of their origins, chickens came first. It was on the Fifth Day of Creation Week that He created "every winged fowl after [their] kind" (Genesis 1:21) complete with the DNA to reproduce that kind. Then He "blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply" (v.22) using that DNA. For the chickens this meant lay chicken eggs. Problem solved.

Ok so may be good reading...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:06 PM   #261
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
I'm no authority, but yes, I do have a PhD in engineering and am a research scientist and professor at Texas A&M. Got my PhD at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Anyway, we are both working on it as we speak. I'm doing some new analyses and prettying things up a bit. Voltwings is proofreading at this point. I wouldn't stay up for it if it's getting past your bed time. Voltwings just got back from work like 5 minutes ago. I'll definitely post it before I got to bed. Guaranteed you will have it when you wake up in the morning.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:08 PM   #262
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I'm no authority, but yes, I do have a PhD in engineering and am a research scientist and professor at Texas A&M. Got my PhD at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Anyway, we are both working on it as we speak. I'm doing some new analyses and prettying things up a bit. Voltwings is proofreading at this point. I wouldn't stay up for it if it's getting past your bed time. Voltwings just got back from work like 5 minutes ago. I'll definitely post it before I got to bed. Guaranteed you will have it when you wake up in the morning.
So you kind of know what you are doing I guess?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:08 PM   #263
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
And oh yes, it was certainly a joint effort between me and Volt. Not just me by any means at all, although I led the effort on the data analysis and writing because I have a ton of experience with it... it is my job, after all.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:21 AM   #264
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Posted. Enjoy. (Btw, it happened to be my 800th post!)
Cold Air Intake vs. Stock Intake: Quantitative Testing
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #265
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Posted. Enjoy. (Btw, it happened to be my 800th post!)
Cold Air Intake vs. Stock Intake: Quantitative Testing
Big thumbs up to you and Voltwings; thank you both for your time and expertise!
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:58 AM   #266
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
YES!!!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:12 PM   #267
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I wanted to give the two a big thanks for putting on this test. Great job and let the debates on which CAI is the best and should I get a aftermarket CAI continue on for years.

Great job fella's and thank you for all you're hard work into this. I just wanted to wish a big Happy Holidays too all.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #268
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I bet someone feels offended by those 17s.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #269
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I bet someone feels offended by those 17s.
You might be onto something sir. Those 17's are highly offensive. Ba ha ha. No mustang should have 17's. Lmfao

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #270
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Better switch to 18s or 19s them


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #271
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Better switch to 18s or 19s them


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I'm on that sir. Lol

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The age old question Mustanglulu The Bar 4 03-19-2014 07:33 PM
AGE THREAD: How old are you guys? Borii The Bar 202 05-10-2012 10:09 AM
That age old question.. Seph The Bar 12 06-23-2006 02:02 PM
age and experience tire The Bar 41 08-03-2003 09:55 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:17 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.