Test drove GT... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #36
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post

This...I had an older 1970 Coupe 302...it sounded soooo good, a little slow but thats what you get with a (at the time) 33 year old car with a 4 speed auto

Please...no more pointless CAI threads...im going to go ape **** if I see another donkey posting about which piece of garbage plastic tube he should buy.

Honestly Im on the fence. i love how my car performs, and for me it is plenty "quick". i would trade up just to just add 2 more cylinders to the engine for that oh so sexy sound. I just happen to know that with equal mods it would be a whole new animal but even if it performed the same id still want that 8.
Haha i know man. I just made that suggestion for laughs.

But seriously though.....Airaid CAI or K&N? Lmfao!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Kevin,

I was going to swap into a 2012 GT base... so I would be trading all the creature comforts I have in my V6 for those 2 extra cylinders in a base car. Wasn't worth in for me... but I now know that everyone else wants one- so I'm keeping my mouth shut from now on
Old 09-26-2015, 02:06 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppkonablue12 View Post
Kevin,

I was going to swap into a 2012 GT base... so I would be trading all the creature comforts I have in my V6 for those 2 extra cylinders in a base car. Wasn't worth in for me... but I now know that everyone else wants one- so I'm keeping my mouth shut from now on

What I don't understand is why you test drove one in the first place? What were you hoping it was going to do compared to your modded v6? Because you clearly state you don't care about the power. You clearly knew it was a base model car. You clearly knew it was going to have a stock tune and suspension. Seems like you did it just so you could convince yourself that the car you have already spent mod money on is as good "to you" as a base GT.

It's just a bit silly, and you knew you would get a rise out of people by acting like your car is as good or better "to you". So what did you expect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2015, 02:17 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I expected more power to the ground than I experienced . I went in wanting the GT- not trying to disprove it. Look, my V6 was " mushy" on the pedal before it was tuned, and I guest that's what the GT felt like to me. I expected more with how everyone talks about them , I'm sure if I got a MPT 93 race tune like my current car, the GT would wake up too- but to me the difference was not " night and day" like I thought it would be on the base GT . And I do care about power, but the " quickness" of my V6 feels better to me than the power of a base GT. Is that sacrilege to say here?
Old 09-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #40
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Woo hoo i made it before it was closed

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-26-2015, 02:24 PM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
I expected more power to the ground than I experienced . I went in wanting the GT- not trying to disprove it. Look, my V6 was " mushy" on the pedal before it was tuned, and I guest that's what the GT felt like to me. I expected more with how everyone talks about them , I'm sure if I got a MPT 93 race tune like my current car, the GT would wake up too- but to me the difference was not " night and day" like I thought it would be on the base GT . And I do care about power, but the " quickness" of my V6 feels better to me than the power of a base GT. Is that sacrilege to say here?

When you test drove it did you go WOT? Because you do realize your not even close to its potential in everyday driving situations. It's probably not putting more than 200hp to the ground under 4500rpm at moderate acceleration.

The stock suspension is terrible on all our cars. The throttle response is terrible on all our cars.

It's no Ferrari, which is what it sounds like you expected. Go drive a Camaro and let us know how that compares to your v6 and the GT.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:09 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Fastford, you can email me at austin@wildislandresorts.com if you need a vacation we don't timeshare per say but will soon be offering some quarter share units starting at $165K if you're interested. The Quarters at Lubbers' Landing | Island Vacation Homes .

So for all you up in arms about my post let me back up and say this. I'm only in FL for 2-3 months a year, so don't WANT to spend $40 on a GT premium track pack. But, I'm getting ready to do a road trip and said " let me go drive a GT Base and see if it's worth trading up" . Drove a GT base and loved the sound, but honestly didn't want to give up the features and mods I have on my car now for it. Would the GT be a faster car- yes. But to get it to where it made a big difference( to me) I would have to get a tune and other mods. I just wanted a " quick flip " for a road trip. Found out in the process that I like my V6 ( in the state it's in) better. End of story. And sorry but 2 seconds off the line doesn't mean all that much to me. Didn't mean to offend anyone...
Man, if you loved the sound of a 5.0 with zero exhaust mods, you should have your head examined. No offense!

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
Old 09-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Y'all seem to be pissed cause I like my V6, didn't want to give up my modded 6 for a base GT, and decided to post about it.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #44
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Immaturity at its finest.

Thread CLOSED

If you guys want to keep it civil and continue the discussion in a mature manner, feel free to PM me and i might re-open it.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang