Jerks - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-28-2015, 09:05 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I think it may have been caught on a security camera so I'm going to look into that

2013 mustang v6 premium
Gumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2015, 09:14 AM   #37
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
You realize that is the "definition "of a witness? It is then up to the trier of fact (i.e. judge or jury) to determine who is telling the truth.

So yes, if the witness will testify, and with the extrinsic evidence, he could collect damages from the vandals. Of course they have to be collectible, so that you have more than a piece of paper saying "you win"
It also depends on if the Judge is the one making the final decision or a Jury. I have seen stuff like these get thrown out because the jury's vote had 1 person that didn't agree or something.

It can sometimes be more difficult to convince 12 jurors vs 1 judge.

Best to get actual proof along with witness reports.

The suggestion on a dash cam is definitely helpful for future incidents.

I also believe what some people fail to say is. When you do try to take people to court. They can have the ability to postpone their date. So sometimes these things can drag out. So consider the time you will be taking off of work to go to these, as well as the mental stress it can cause (not saying it will), as well as side costs (Gas and such).

Police reports can also sometimes cost a little bit of money.

You have to think of EVERYTHING when going down a route like that. You need to be prepared to expect all of that stuff. It is not always as simple as - You show up to court the next day, witness testifies, you win.

Yes if you win you could get reimbursed for a lot of the court fees and such. But that can be months, sometimes a couple of years out.

I personally would just confront them and get a dash cam for the future.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #38
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbus View Post
I think it may have been caught on a security camera so I'm going to look into that

2013 mustang v6 premium
That would help alot along with having a witness. But the person must have seen it. They cannot go on the stand and say "I think I saw them....". Because then he won't really be helpful and what he says may just get thrown out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2015, 09:19 AM   #39
Kevin.Cook

I am giving real world advice. A way where you don't have to get physical and take things to a level you can't back out of. Not thuggish tactics where you could possibly get injured or things could escalate.

Say you beat up one of them or something. And they have many cousins and friends that decide to pay you a visit. What do you do then? Are you going to roll around with a group of friends and possibly stay armed all the time after you do that? Probably not. So it is best to not go down that road.

Remember people. When giving advice - you are influencing the person you are giving the advice to. Lets set good examples and expectations. Not give advice that can harm the requester. This isn't 1960-1980 anymore where you can get away with beating people up. People have lawyers or they can be equally as equipped with friends and relatives with weapons and such.

Say he goes up to the person and lays the first punch. Now he can be pursued legally. Whether or not it is for the car damage. As the judge would say he should have pursued that path legally himself from the beginning. OR had confronted the people in a civilized manner.

I know it can be fun to offer troll suggestions. But it sounds like OP wants real advice.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:54 AM   #40
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Starting Points:

WW1 = the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand by the Black Hand of Serbia

WW2 = Germany invading Poland

WW3 = Jerks sliding down the hood of Gumbus's prized Mustang
Old 09-28-2015, 10:26 AM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If you want to be subtle, valve stem removers are cheap and they'll have to call flatbeds and pay for that and then take the tires to a shop to get new stems put in... just saying.

But in all seriousness a dash cam is cheap, I'm dash camming all my vehicles right now actually. 32GB card will hold a weeks worth of footage before it has to overwrite itself.

Failing all that, confront them and file a police report. People who do **** like this do it because there have never been consequences. Even a notice that a police report got filed and an officer or detective calling them to question is likely to scare them enough to where they won't do it again.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
It also depends on if the Judge is the one making the final decision or a Jury. I have seen stuff like these get thrown out because the jury's vote had 1 person that didn't agree or something.

Best to get actual proof along with witness reports.

The suggestion on a dash cam is definitely helpful for future incidents.

I also believe what some people fail to say is. When you do try to take people to court. They can have the ability to postpone their date. So sometimes these things can drag out. So consider the time you will be taking off of work to go to these, as well as the mental stress it can cause (not saying it will), as well as side costs (Gas and such).

Police reports can also sometimes cost a little bit of money.

You have to think of EVERYTHING when going down a route like that. You need to be prepared to expect all of that stuff. It is not always as simple as - You show up to court the next day, witness testifies, you win.

Yes if you win you could get reimbursed for a lot of the court fees and such. But that can be months, sometimes a couple of years out.

I personally would just confront them and get a dash cam for the future.
It's a civil matter so 6 jurors. Although with a complaint to the prosecutor it could also be a criminal matter - vandalism causing property damage, criminal trespass, a number of charges could be made.

You don't need "actual proof" if what you are saying is that you must have a video showing them doing it (CSI et all has really caused some problems with jurors thinking "I didn't see it so how can I make a judgment"). All you need for a civil matter is a preponderance of the evidence - not proof beyond a reasonable doubt. So you have the extrinsic evidence of the damage to the hood, a witness who can testify "I saw those two people there sliding across the hood". It's going to be pretty hard for the defendants to convince the trier of fact "some other dude did it". (the "SODDI" defense).

Defendants can only drag it out so far. They can't get a postponement "just because I want one". And once you get one it is more difficult to get more. The parties will have a conference with the judge to set a discovery time frame, motion dates, and trial dates.

By the way, I am an attorney so have a little experience in these matters.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:36 AM   #43
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
It's a civil matter so 6 jurors. Although with a complaint to the prosecutor it could also be a criminal matter - vandalism causing property damage, criminal trespass, a number of charges could be made.

You don't need "actual proof" if what you are saying is that you must have a video showing them doing it (CSI et all has really caused some problems with jurors thinking "I didn't see it so how can I make a judgment"). All you need for a civil matter is a preponderance of the evidence - not proof beyond a reasonable doubt. So you have the extrinsic evidence of the damage to the hood, a witness who can testify "I saw those two people there sliding across the hood". It's going to be pretty hard for the defendants to convince the trier of fact "some other dude did it". (the "SODDI" defense).

Defendants can only drag it out so far. They can't get a postponement "just because I want one". And once you get one it is more difficult to get more. The parties will have a conference with the judge to set a discovery time frame, motion dates, and trial dates.

By the way, I am an attorney so have a little experience in these matters.
Right. But you guys are making it sound like these types of things are a walk in the park. For someone who has never dealt with the legal system, this can be nerve racking. Just because it might be easy for you, it may not be for him. His resources as well as many other things might make it a headache for him. Such as taking time off and such to handle this. As some jobs don't give PTO. So say he doesn't have that, then he has to take unpaid time off in the meantime.

There are many factors then just a judge ruling.

I am just trying to let OP know of ALL the factors and expectations that can come with taking this path. Not just "Go to court and get your money/repairs done".
Old 09-28-2015, 11:40 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I like the valve stem idea!!!

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Good lord they were sliding across a hood no need to get the police ect involved.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:44 AM   #46
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I like the valve stem idea!!!

Sent from LG G3.
These are all retaliation type ideas. Then they get back at you. Nothing gets solved, but rather the cars get more damaged.

Have the police confront them.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Yes you file a report and the cops say don't do it again or else, and if nothing further is done by the police they still "got away" while I have a dented hood?!. Sorry I'd need a little better than that personally, but to each their own.

And BTW did you get your Boss yet?

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
If you want the car fixed you could file a police report that your car was vandalized; which it was. If you have full coverage it should cover it for the cost of your deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Poop has DNA in it, so put dog poo on it😀

etr3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:08 PM   #50
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Good lord they were sliding across a hood no need to get the police ect involved.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Yea right man! It's gonna be like GTA where FBI people are dropping down from ropes from helicopters, military tanks, etc.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #51
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Yea right man! It's gonna be like GTA where FBI people are dropping down from ropes from helicopters, military tanks, etc.
Thats only with 5 stars and its kinda hard to do plus they can hide in the bushes and get away with it

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:17 PM   #52
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Thats only with 5 stars and its kinda hard to do plus they can hide in the bushes and get away with it

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Hahahahahahaha! But those stars aren't hard to get! I have had to quit missions because I was moving my car and a pedestrian walked right into it and I got a star. LOL!
Old 09-28-2015, 02:20 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Trying to beat up my relatives would earn you a hospital stay. Either by their hand, or mine.

Ur missing the point..and why r u saying "you" like ur telling me something?

Old 09-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's really easy to get away with stuff even if you have evidence to place that person at the scene, but if no one saw it it never happened. Had a street sweeper hit my car but because I didn't see it it didn't happen. It sucks. Just move on but if it happens again it'd be tough to let it slide.
Sgonza33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:30 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Ur missing the point..and why r u saying "you" like ur telling me something?

He is Trying to be hard lol

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I'm not trying, and it's "you" in a general sense
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #57
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I'm not trying, and it's "you" in a general sense
Reminds me of:

I dont mean "you people".
Old 09-28-2015, 03:02 PM   #58
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Just light their cars on fire, problem solved.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:22 PM   #59
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Just light their cars on fire, problem solved.
DO NOT DO THIS! Lol
Old 09-28-2015, 03:28 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:

Kev...In Alabama, six (6) jurors (three-fourths of the eight jurors) must agree on a verdict, in a civil case.
Criminal case, I believe, has to be unanimous.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:31 PM   #61
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Kev...In Alabama, six (6) jurors (three-fourths of the eight jurors) must agree on a verdict, in a civil case.
Criminal case, I believe, has to be unanimous.
Ahh ok. I was thinking about Criminal then. Hard to stay on top of this as I do not work in Legal but I know it can be a nerve-racking experience for a person who has never had to file so much as a police report.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
You realize that is the "definition "of a witness? It is then up to the trier of fact (i.e. judge or jury) to determine who is telling the truth.

So yes, if the witness will testify, and with the extrinsic evidence, he could collect damages from the vandals. Of course they have to be collectible, so that you have more than a piece of paper saying "you win"
I agree totally and would sue. He said / he said is accurate but that is often how they are determined. Sue if the witness will testify
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:49 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Jerks

I don't understand why so many of you guys says sue sue sue. honestly Makes me sick. Everyone looking for a quick $. Big dam deal move on

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

It's not worth the court costs for the damage done. I would just fix it and not put myself in that situation again. It sucks but life happens to all of us don't let it take away from your well being. Everyone here has had a situation that they would love to just beat the pi$$ out of someone

Sent from Rapinators trunk
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #65
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I don't understand why so many of you guys says sue sue sue. honestly Makes me sick. Everyone looking for a quick $. Big dam deal move on

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Reminds me of Rocky 5 where George kept saying he would sue. lol
Old 09-28-2015, 04:12 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Name:   ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1443474766.712172.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  37.5 KB

Sent from Rapinators trunk
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:26 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I think he should sue Rapinator
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:38 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Paintless dent removal. Polish. Keep your car away from ******bags. Problem solved.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #69
Kevin.Cook

Just walk up to the people and ask them about Netflix and chill....

Then they might stay away from you and your car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	netflix-and-chill.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	191626  
Old 09-28-2015, 07:47 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just walk up to the people and ask them about Netflix and chill....

Then they might stay away from you and your car.

Haha that'll do it! Or they'll soon be a hate crime, could go either way.

kona010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang