Tires - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Tires

Replaced my Pirelli P Zeros on my sixer a few months back with the General GMaxx A03s. Went with these as I like the tread design, overall ratings and tread life. Living here on the Virginia Peninsula with the rain of the hurricane, I'm hear to say, these are some kickin' rain tires. Best rain tires I've had on a car in 30 years!
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Thanks for the comment. I'm ready to replace my Pirelli's also . I do not like these tires..

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Has anyone tried Bridgestone tires? I see them at a very reasonable price.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Another big plus to the Generals PaPa was price. Big time less expensive than the competition.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 10-03-2015, 05:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Yea I'm going to check those out. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Has anyone tried Bridgestone tires? I see them at a very reasonable price.

Sent from LG G3.
I have been very pleased with my RE-11s, reasonably grippy for a five year old tire design, and I just ticked over 40,000 miles on them. They do need to get some heat in before they get really grippy, but by the third lap or so, they are good.

That said, the unbeatable street tire for the 2015 season has been their new RE-71R. This tire is basically an R comp with tread. The grip is spectacular, and they love to be driven at the elusive 11/10, unlike many street tires (they accept slip angle readily, where most street tires flat out say no). These have so much grip that the street tire guys are being forced to rethink their setups because they are all lifting tires off the ground (nothing like two wheeling an S2000 at 85 through a slalom). Be warned, these do wear at a higher rate than even my r comps.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I replaced my Pirellis with BFG Sport Comp 2's and I like them a lot. Wet and dry traction has improved over the stock tires. The only con that I've noticed is they are a little noisier. Other than that, they are great.

Jeremy
2012 Black PP V6
Old 10-07-2015, 03:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I still have the stock tires, the 215/65/17. Two possible routes I might take. Saw some nice wheel packages on AM that can accommodate a wider tire, such as a 255/45/18 using Sumitomo tires or keeping the stock rims and changing out for a 235/55/17 tire. Which option would you recommend for a DD? Haven't had any issues with stock so far, but I am changing my rear gears to 3.55 and fear I might have traction issues.

Thanks!
VeryVeryEvilGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:20 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Not sure what your wheel width is. Changes are it's likely 8". I'd suggest taking the plunge and getting some wider rims. I'd even look at a 19" rim over an 18" one with a 9" or 9.5" width. Treadlife was a big one for me as I do a lot of driving. The Generals advertise 40k but I've read where folks are exceeding that. I looked at some Sumitomo (don't remember type) but treadlife wasn't great for what I looked at which would have been on the cheaper end.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:21 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Thanks for the advice. The stock rims are advertised as 17X7 but i think it's closer to 7.5". I think I'll end up taking the plunge as you suggested and get a 9" wide tire in either 18" or 19". Good to know about the tread wear - that's an important factor for me, too.
VeryVeryEvilGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang