Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Roush or Bassani Axleback

4K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  rgstelzner 
#1 ·
Opinions on roush or Bassani for the my 2012 v6?

#2 ·
2 people on here are going to say the roush are nice, one person will say the bassani are nice, the rest of these guys are going to say borla s types. Do yourself a favor and try and hear them in person before you buy. I made my purchase after hearing them in person. Everybody has a different opinion on what sounds good, so......

#5 ·
Borla s-types are the best axle backs for the 3.7 IMO. I have yet to hear another exhaust that sounds good through out the whole RPM range. All others shine in different ranges and sound like crap in another, but the Borla s-types hold their aggressive deep rumble through out the whole span.

#7 ·
and here is a Bassani user. I scored mine used and like them. It sounds like a tuned European V6 with a touch of burble. As with many of the V6 systems you can get a touch of drone when going uphill and having a load on the engine but it is NOT often. Fit and finish are stellar. I will back listen in person if possible and esp in the car rather than as a bystander. I picked mine by used/local so I didn't have to pay a lot for my system.

G
#8 ·
I'd say just take off the stock mufflers and leave it like that. The sound you get will get you ALL the attention you are looking for. LOL just kidding.

Roush are decent unless you go LT and X Pipe w/ no cats. I bet shorties with stock cats would make them sound ok.

G
#13 ·
IMO....not at all. However, good is a very opinionated term. Some people think straight pipes sound good. But people with more delicate hearing would opt for some deeper sounding mufflers with stock manifolds or shorties.

It is really up to you. Are there any Mustang events near you where you can go and listen to setups?

#16 ·
I got Borla S types after hearing them in person. I also heard the Bassani in person and there would be my choices.

Never heard the Roush in person. I also heard the ATAK and they are just a bit too loud for my old ears (42).

#20 ·
I found my stypes on eBay and paid half of what they cost new.

#21 ·
threads like this make me consider trading my ataks for stingers lol

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition

#23 ·
#31 ·
Do yourself a favor and try and hear them in person before you buy. I made my purchase after hearing them in person. Everybody has a different opinion on what sounds good, so......
Cameron - Breeze has it here and the best thing would be to try to track someone down in your area but it could hard. Guys are going to be running all sorts of different setups so nailing someone that has just the Axleback, and not an aftermarket midpipe/headers could create a challenge.

Mic and speaker quality will make it hard too but for what it's worth I would suggest the Roush Axle-Back for a variety of reasons

1. It's about $5 less :lol:
2. 409 vs stainless piping
3. Chambered Muffler vs a "Straight Through Style" (on the Bassani) that's been known to drone badly. Worse with automatic cars.

Take a listen to the Bassani - It's pretty straight through, but I don't think it has the body (if that makes sense) of the Roush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL0seyGYfzk

In comparison to the Roush: Much more aggressive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD10FbZ1xPw

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions and I hope this helps narrow it down a little!

Alex

#33 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.