Rear Axle!! Help - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointYoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 730
It's going down tomorrow!
Got the rear axle today, and dropping the car off tomorrow morning.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.
But I don't think they are going to look into my old axle to see what was wrong.
__________________
2014 GT. Oxford White.
20" Velgen VMB5s on NT555s.
MBRP Race Series Catback Exhaust
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2015, 10:35 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRedSixxer View Post
It's going down tomorrow!
Got the rear axle today, and dropping the car off tomorrow morning.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.
But I don't think they are going to look into my old axle to see what was wrong.
Goodluck man, I hope they would look at it to see what's wrong just in case same scenarios happens again.

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:26 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointYoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 730
Its ata dealership though and they want to charge 200 just to open and look into differential.

I say no thanks, all I know is the rear end I have now is f***ed

Yes I would love to know what was wrong with it but damn not for 200 dollars
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-20-2015, 10:10 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointYoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 730
Finally got her back.
Everything went fine on the install. No more crazy noise.
__________________
2014 GT. Oxford White.
20" Velgen VMB5s on NT555s.
MBRP Race Series Catback Exhaust
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:58 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaRedSixxer View Post
Finally got her back.
Everything went fine on the install. No more crazy noise.

Wohoooo... Happy for you bro.. Now don't touch it. Did you get the rear end from a GT? And you get the 331 right?

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:48 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointYoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Wohoooo... Happy for you bro.. Now don't touch it. Did you get the rear end from a GT? And you get the 331 right?

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
Never again lol.
Im not sure if it was from a GT or V6, didn't say.
But yes it's a 3.31 ratio.
__________________
2014 GT. Oxford White.
20" Velgen VMB5s on NT555s.
MBRP Race Series Catback Exhaust
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:46 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Wohoooo... Happy for you bro.. Now don't touch it. Did you get the rear end from a GT? And you get the 331 right?

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
Since the rear ends are the same after 2011, there isn't any way to tell looking at it if it was on a V6 or V8.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
GRREEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Plano
Region: Texas
Posts: 52
Having been in the car repair business for 40 years, I'll chime in on this
thread. I've seen this story 10,000 times over the years in my shop. It goes like this: Car owner takes his car to the dealership or a so called rear end expert to
have new ring and pinion installed in his rear end. Usually the warranty is 12 months. About 18 months later the rear end is howling again, no warranty, have a nice day. I learned many decades ago that the only way to fix a rear end without
problems is to put a wrecking yard unit in that was assembled by the factory. wham, bam , done, no noise thank you m'am. The wrecking yards are filled with rear ends for sale from low mileage wrecked cars. I get my rear ends from LKQ, the biggest wrecking yard chain in the country. They give me a one year parts and labor warranty, and 99 times out of a hundred I don't need to exercise it because there is no noise whatsoever....wham bam done!
GRREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointYoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRREEN View Post
Having been in the car repair business for 40 years, I'll chime in on this
thread. I've seen this story 10,000 times over the years in my shop. It goes like this: Car owner takes his car to the dealership or a so called rear end expert to
have new ring and pinion installed in his rear end. Usually the warranty is 12 months. About 18 months later the rear end is howling again, no warranty, have a nice day. I learned many decades ago that the only way to fix a rear end without
problems is to put a wrecking yard unit in that was assembled by the factory. wham, bam , done, no noise thank you m'am. The wrecking yards are filled with rear ends for sale from low mileage wrecked cars. I get my rear ends from LKQ, the biggest wrecking yard chain in the country. They give me a one year parts and labor warranty, and 99 times out of a hundred I don't need to exercise it because there is no noise whatsoever....wham bam done!
Yep this is pretty spot on. I was sick of wasting money trying to fix it. So I got this complete rear end at a yard that has a 3.31 ratio from the factory. Has a 1 year warranty, and even have a labor warranty so if anything goes wrong I wont have to pay $$$ for the install again. Figured I might as well, considering the luck i've been having.

NEVER changing the gear ratio again (Worst experience/luck i've had with my car)
__________________
2014 GT. Oxford White.
20" Velgen VMB5s on NT555s.
MBRP Race Series Catback Exhaust
Bama 93 Performance Tune
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #45
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,022
Grreen may have some good advice there. I also believe (never did it) that it is something a shade tree mechanic can do (given enuf time) unlike swapping out the gears which I know is a skill set to get them right.

OP, good luck hope it does ya right.
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
5pointYoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nashville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 730
So far so good!
5pointYoBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 V6 Rear Axle FULL ASSY Swap to 2013 GT Rear Axle FULL ASSY sprdave 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 2 06-16-2015 01:14 PM
For Trade: Roush Axle-Backs for 13+ GT500 Axle-Backs SecretAgent Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 3 06-07-2014 07:41 PM
Difference between 2.3 rear axle gears and 5.0 rear axle gears 93mstnglx 2.3 Mustang 9 07-07-2013 06:12 PM
does the hub on the rear axle have a gasket between it and the axle? stangcobra Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 15 11-06-2012 05:16 PM
Help, rear axle bearing is bad Banshee 1996-2004 Mustang GT 1 02-13-2011 06:33 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:12 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.