3.7 or the Eco 4? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2015, 10:53 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Well...that escalated quickly.
Honestly it doesnt matter his arguments referring to how you have to have a newer engine with boost to beat his 17 year old car. It is no body but Fords fault.

They didnt bring these engines out until recently. Plus the cost...I would love to have those 2 extra cyl, but i just cant afford it. Even to buy a used 2012 with the same equipment i have now in my 6 would put me at just less than $3k what I bought my V6 for brand new! Im pretty much screwed till the prices drop, but I still have a Mustang! Plus I'd rather have a V6 Mustang than a V8 Camaro/Challenger any day. Driving one of those would make me feel like i had the windows down in a mini van blasting some Taylor Swift song...just too much face hiding LOL

Also the reviews on the Mustang SRA have been outstanding. Car and Driver, Motertrend. I belive even one of the guys on Top Gear (UK) made the comment about how Ford has done a great job with suck "dinosaur" technology over the years. The 2011 GT upon its first release was tested against a 2011 M3 and the results were neck in neck...however the M3 kicked its A$$ on the track beating out by quite a bit.
Fintile is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2015, 10:59 AM   #72
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
following the derail....when I bought my V6 I considered a 370Z but price wise it compares to a V8 Stang. More than I was willing to spend on a toy.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The official 3.7 defender Kona is going to be upset he missed this one lol.

Sent from LG G3.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
following the derail....when I bought my V6 I considered a 370Z but price wise it compares to a V8 Stang. More than I was willing to spend on a toy.
I love the v6 Genesis, but it was the same thing. We bought our 14 v6 brand new right when the 2015s dropped, and there was a $4k rebate on the car. Brand new v6 with 305 hp for $18k out the door lol ... done. Before her mustang, my fiance was driving a like 120 horsepower chevy cobalt. The 300 horsepower is more than enough for her to have fun.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

I was looking at the Genesis as well, but the deciding factor to be honest was that the Ford dealer called my right away to set an appointment and Hyundai took over a week. By then i had already bought my car.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It's a shame that people are so narrow minded that they define a muscle car as a v8 only ... Like oh it's 6 that's not a real muscle car.V8 guys take a look at the top speed of a Porsche 911 or a Nissan gt-r or even a Acura nsx . Oh never mind i forgot they're 6 bangers .I know not every guy who has a v8 is not like that but when a 3.7 will keep up or beat a v8 whether it's a 4.6 or any other v8 i would define that as a muscle car as well.
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:22 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
It's a shame that people are so narrow minded that they define a muscle car as a v8 only ... Like oh it's 6 that's not a real muscle car.V8 guys take a look at the top speed of a Porsche 911 or a Nissan gt-r or even a Acura nsx . Oh never mind i forgot they're 6 bangers .I know not every guy who has a v8 is not like that but when a 3.7 will keep up or beat a v8 whether it's a 4.6 or any other v8 i would define that as a muscle car as well.
For me sound is a BIG factor ...i know that it may make me sound narrow minded but regardless of what engine you have if you have a car with a certain "breed" behind it Muscle car, exotic, whatever it should sound as such...hearing a Mustang with a can of bees exhaust because the guy thought straight pipe was cute is just for me...Or worse they get the alum big wing spoilers and crap...its not the kind of car you do that to. Its a Mustang it shouldnt sound like a 370Z or VW GTI...it should sound like a Mustang..burly, throaty roar of the exhaust or as best you can make it. Doesnt have to be a V8 to do that either...just menacing.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that crappy new Ford Gt only has a 6 in it also...... What a piece of junk lol.
I'm sure it will just be for the rental companies.....

Sent from LG G3.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:39 AM   #79
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Yeah that crappy new Ford Gt only has a 6 in it also...... What a piece of junk lol.
I'm sure it will just be for the rental companies.....

Sent from LG G3.
I love the car, and loved the first videos of the exhaust note when it was being driven into its debut.........then the videos came out of it being tested on the racetracks........sounds like a giant load of flatulence every time it goes by. Truly crappy (!) exhaust note......
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:42 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
I love the car, and loved the first videos of the exhaust note when it was being driven into its debut.........then the videos came out of it being tested on the racetracks........sounds like a giant load of flatulence every time it goes by. Truly crappy (!) exhaust note......
It may be certain load or echoing off certain tracks. I have heard times where it sounds truly amazing, but also times where its not great.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:48 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Lmao my boosted 3.7 cant beat a stock 2v XD
Nice try
I've got a few vids of me hurting coyotes.
Building that motor now, for more ambitious goals

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Looks like a missed a good debate. Well, more like a misinformed person versus the informed.

This kid (panther) reminds me of... well, me when I first joined this forum. Haha.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
i have proven everything i have said, and you have been proven wrong on everything you have said. I fail to see where i am full of BS and you are not.

Also, a S-197, full weight, mild bolt on 5. holds damn near every single TT3 record in Texas, and the S-197 has no shortage of national championship wins. Now, i've backed up everything i have said, i'll even pull those TT3 links if you want. I've yet to see you back anything up though. If you prove me wrong i will happily admit it. I'll be waiting.
I have not made any claims that need extra support. My bone stock 17 year old car makes more horsepower than any non-V8 mustang at the dealer. That is just general knowledge that has plenty of data to support it.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Looks like a missed a good debate. Well, more like a misinformed person versus the informed.

This kid (panther) reminds me of... well, me when I first joined this forum. Haha.
Do not compliment yourself. I am nothing like you!! haha.

Yes, this is indeed a debate of the informed vs. the uninformed.

The one dude still thinks I have a 2 valve.. The other one thinks his 3.7 makes more power than my Cobra.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
I have not made any claims that need extra support. My bone stock 17 year old car makes more horsepower than any non-V8 mustang at the dealer. That is just general knowledge that has plenty of data to support it.
Your bone stock 17 year old V8 makes 280 horsepower. The 3.7 V6 makes 305, and the new turbo 4 makes 310. If you have a 98 Cobra, you make as much as the 3.7. Not more. Walk on home boy.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:00 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Lmao my boosted 3.7 cant beat a stock 2v XD
Nice try
I've got a few vids of me hurting coyotes.
Building that motor now, for more ambitious goals

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Like I have said 50x already. I never said a 2v was as fast. I simply said that my 17 year old bone stock cobra has more power than a stock 3.7, and it will burn you in the corners as well (although the suspension is not stock, so not a fair comparison)
Old 10-12-2015, 12:00 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Either way, the turbo 4 will beat you.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your bone stock 17 year old V8 makes 280 horsepower. The 3.7 V6 makes 305, and the new turbo 4 makes 310. If you have a 98 Cobra, you make as much as the 3.7. Not more. Walk on home boy.
Okay once again I do not have a 98 cobra.

"Walk on home boy" lol
Old 10-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Phil Anselmo nice touch!
What happen Panther, the lawn mower department on break? Thought you"d post some more completely useless info?! Keep it coming this is going to be so much fun! Lol.

Sent from LG G3.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Either way, the turbo 4 will beat you.
Lets put some money on this
Old 10-12-2015, 12:06 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okay once again I do not have a 98 cobra.

"Walk on home boy" lol
Apparently your math isn't too good. 2015-17=1998. If you count the 2016 MY, 1999. Which would actually put you at 320 horsepower, and 317 torque, but with a worse power curve than these new engines. That diesnt even begin to address that awful suspension in those cars. Class dismissed.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:10 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Phil Anselmo nice!
What happen Panther, the lawn mower department on break? Thought you"d post some more completely useless info?! Keep it coming this is going to be so much fun! Lol.

Sent from LG G3.
Aren't you the guy who still thinks I have a 2v GT?

lol you guys are very similar to guys on Honda forums. 100% straw man arguments. B

ottom line, my 99 cobra has 320 hp and 320 ft/lbs of torque boner stock. It weighs less. better brakes. Cheaper. Less **** to break. and I don't have to tell people I have a 4 banger lol
Old 10-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

A mustang is a mustang whether it's a v8-v6 eco boost 4 it'''s not all about speed .It get lots of looks when i or my wife drive it maybe because we are both in our late 50s with grey hair driving it but anyways also had it in the am car show and other local shows and got compliments on it's not because it's a v8 but because it's a mustang !
Old 10-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

lol you guys are very similar to guys on Honda forums. 100% straw man arguments. B

ottom line, my 99 cobra has 320 hp and 320 ft/lbs of torque boner stock. It weighs less. better brakes. Cheaper. Less **** to break. and I don't have to tell people I have a 4 banger lol
317 torque* with much worse stock suspension. The turbo 4 will hand you your a$$ in a drag race, and definitely on a road course.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:13 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So funny that you just conveniently sold your 99 Gt to a guy that upgraded from a V6 and forgot to include and change in your bio that you have a cobra. You my friend a FOS!
No wonder your know on this forum to be ...............(fill in the blank)
Sent from LG G3.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:15 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Apparently your math isn't too good. 2015-17=1998. If you count the 2016 MY, 1999. Which would actually put you at 320 horsepower, and 317 torque, but with a worse power curve than these new engines. That diesnt even begin to address that awful suspension in those cars. Class dismissed.
Are you aware that there are MY-2016 cars on the road right now, despite it being 2015? I beg of you to think really really hard about what MY cars might have been on the road in 1998.

Are you familiar with the suspension that came on these cobras? By the way, 3rd grade-level students don't get to dismiss class.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you aware that there are MY-2016 cars on the road right now, despite it being 2015? I beg of you to think really really hard about what MY cars might have been on the road in 1998.

Are you familiar with the suspension that came on these cobras? By the way, 3rd grade-level students don't get to dismiss class.
Read the post, I said if you count the 2016 MY it's a 99. Jeez you are a dense, selective reader. Funny, you are proving yourself to be a 3rd grade level student.

Serious question, how old are you? Because you act like you aren't old enough to have a license.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:18 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Panther your not going to win this one just move on and call it a day young blood
Old 10-12-2015, 12:18 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Read the post, I said if you count the 2016 MY it's a 99. Jeez you are a dense, selective reader. Funny, you are proving yourself to be a 3rd grade level student.
Not only is he not good in math but can't read also! To bad this thread will be shut down soon, we are having so much fun!!!

Sent from LG G3.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:18 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So funny that you just sold your 99 Gt to a guy that upgraded from a V6 and forgot to include and change in your bio that you have a cobra. You my friend a FOS!
No wonder your know on this forum to be ...............(fill in the blank)
Sent from LG G3.
... Have you even looked at my profile? And yes, there are a lot of idiots on this forum. I do not assimilate with bull ****. I call it out. That is why many do not like me here. 80% of the guys on here are just regurgitating what they heard from somebody else who is also regurgitating the info.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
Panther your not going to win this one just move on and call it a day young blood
I suppose. Gotta let the V6 and 4 banger guys win SOMETHING! lol.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmm. Where you on a short bus going to school?
Looks like 99 gt to me!
Sent from LG G3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1444670412432.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	192222  
Old 10-12-2015, 12:21 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
... Have you even looked at my profile? And yes, there are a lot of idiots on this forum. I do not assimilate with bull ****. I call it out. That is why many do not like me here. 80% of the guys on here are just regurgitating what they heard from somebody else who is also regurgitating the info.
Because we know who actually knows their s**t on this forum. It's not you.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:21 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not only is he not good in math but can't read also! To bad this thread will be shut down soon, we are having so much fun!!!

Sent from LG G3.
Are you retarded? 2015 - 17 = 1998.

Model year 1999 cars were on the road in 1998.

Also 320 - 310 = 10

That's how many more horsepower my 17 year old car has than these brand new "high tech" cars.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:21 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Because we know who actually knows their s**t on this forum. It's not you.
Amen! Lol

Sent from LG G3.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang