Shorty headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
jek57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 500
Shorty headers

Thinking about a pair of shorty headers for my 3.7 just wondering about the hp and performance gains with these and how you like them compared to stock headers ..Any input would be great
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
HEY! Look what i found right at the top of the Forum page-
A beginner's guide to modifying your V6
and inside


"3. Headers.
The general consensus here (as well as in the 5.0 forums, where i spend most of my time) is that Long tubes will net you higher peak gains, and shorties will give more low end and mid range grunt.

Longtubes: Long tubes will require a tune. One, because you are deleting the cats, but two, because of the way headers flow. The technology in these Ti-vct motors is incredible, and they basically allow you to tune the car to optimize virtually any set up at any rpm. Here is an article on understanding tuned length headers, and how the Ti-vct system allows us to maximize these gas pulses, but also why the tune is incredibly important to making power.
Let's get technical. The biggest controversy in header design is the "equal length" versus "shorty" styles - which is best?

As far as the rest of your exhaust, you will need a mid pipe that is designed especially for long tubes. This is very important when planning your exhaust mods, a mid pipe that works with stock headers WILL NOT work with long tubes.

Shorties: Whether a tune is "needed" with shorties or not is another highly debated topic. Seeing as how the runners lengths are still "tuned," i believe the cam timing can be optimized to match, therefore i would suggest a tune. However, the changes are a little less drastic than longtubes, so you likely can get by without a tune for some time."
-Voltwings
Fintile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #3
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
HEY! Look what i found right at the top of the Forum page-
A beginner's guide to modifying your V6
and inside


"3. Headers.
The general consensus here (as well as in the 5.0 forums, where i spend most of my time) is that Long tubes will net you higher peak gains, and shorties will give more low end and mid range grunt.

Longtubes: Long tubes will require a tune. One, because you are deleting the cats, but two, because of the way headers flow. The technology in these Ti-vct motors is incredible, and they basically allow you to tune the car to optimize virtually any set up at any rpm. Here is an article on understanding tuned length headers, and how the Ti-vct system allows us to maximize these gas pulses, but also why the tune is incredibly important to making power.
Let's get technical. The biggest controversy in header design is the "equal length" versus "shorty" styles - which is best?

As far as the rest of your exhaust, you will need a mid pipe that is designed especially for long tubes. This is very important when planning your exhaust mods, a mid pipe that works with stock headers WILL NOT work with long tubes.

Shorties: Whether a tune is "needed" with shorties or not is another highly debated topic. Seeing as how the runners lengths are still "tuned," i believe the cam timing can be optimized to match, therefore i would suggest a tune. However, the changes are a little less drastic than longtubes, so you likely can get by without a tune for some time."
-Voltwings
lol cmon man be nice.

Coming from a person that has 2 3.7s - 1 with shorties and 1 without. I would say you will notice a hair more off the line grunt. It also makes the exhaust note a hair deeper sounding (barely noticeable).

That is really about it. It is cheaper then longtubes, more convenient as you will not need a specialized tune to disable sensors, not have to worry about inspections (unless you live in Cali, if so then Idk), and these are slightly easier to install.

And of course you can add "headers" to your mod list. No matter which way you go (longtubes or shorties).
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
lol cmon man be nice.

Coming from a person that has 2 3.7s - 1 with shorties and 1 without. I would say you will notice a hair more off the line grunt. It also makes the exhaust note a hair deeper sounding (barely noticeable).

That is really about it. It is cheaper then longtubes, more convenient as you will not need a specialized tune to disable sensors, not have to worry about inspections (unless you live in Cali, if so then Idk), and these are slightly easier to install.

And of course you can add "headers" to your mod list. No matter which way you go (longtubes or shorties).
Cali will pass if you buy the BBK as they come with a C.A.R.B certification.
Fintile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #5
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Cali will pass if you buy the BBK as they come with a C.A.R.B certification.
BBK = Big Burger King right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:44 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Cali will pass if you buy the BBK as they come with a C.A.R.B certification.
True for the shorties, but even the BBK Longtubes might not be ok with Cali. Due to the delete of the cats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
I think its "BLINDED by Burger King" you cant ever be too sure though...
Fintile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:46 PM   #8
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I think its "BLINDED by Burger King" you cant ever be too sure though...
I will be sure to keep an eye out. Sometimes they blind side me with the price on their whoppers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Wait till you try one of their Black Bun Halloween burgers...24 hrs after eatting you get a surprise!


yes the LT headers from ANY brand will not pass CA Smog check and if you are caught with them by a cop they will write you a huge ticket and send you to a State Referee where you have to pay $250+ for him to inspect the cars legality and force you to get the work to bring it back to code at a shop of their choosing.

All in all, modding your car in CA can go bad really quickly.
Fintile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
AngryTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Los angeles
Region: California
Posts: 179
I swapped mine out for the shorties and noticed a big jump in acceleration on hills. On one of our fwys here. There is a steep hill and before the BBK, mine always struggled. Like i'd have to downshift into a lower gear just to keep up with traffic. After the BBKs, it hits that hill with no issues. Plus what Kevin said about the exhaust note. It did deepen my Flowmasters. I'm glad I went with them.
AngryTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTech View Post
I swapped mine out for the shorties and noticed a big jump in acceleration on hills. On one of our fwys here. There is a steep hill and before the BBK, mine always struggled. Like i'd have to downshift into a lower gear just to keep up with traffic. After the BBKs, it hits that hill with no issues. Plus what Kevin said about the exhaust note. It did deepen my Flowmasters. I'm glad I went with them.
I agree aside from when I possibly move back to Cali and needing to pass Smog when I do,that was another reason for going with shorties too. Too many hills in San Diego that even at 80 i couldn't really keep with the flow very well with out down shifting...the difference between gears 1-3 and 4-6 are just bonkers.
Fintile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
jek57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 500
I have read the write up on the v6 per mods very good post for sure but i wanted to know from other 3.7 owners what their opinions were with the headers and thanks for your inputs.Sounds like it would be a worthwhile mod for the price will be putting them on my Christmas list for sure.
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:13 PM   #13
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I tried searching near you on CL for shorty headers. I didn't find any. But what I DID find was the first time I have seen this on CL:

https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/pts/5259268236.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
I really like the low to mid range torque that was picked up after the Shorty install. Since I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time the shorties give you more real world use, since the gains are were you drive and not at higher RPM's.
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:53 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
I really like the low to mid range torque that was picked up after the Shorty install. Since I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time the shorties give you more real world use, since the gains are were you drive and not at higher RPM's.
Thats true...even on the highway it picks up a lot more after around 3500rpm...however I am not a fan of the way my car performs on the hwy vs the streets. I feel it laggs a bit more. Could just be my tunning or whatever...who knows
Fintile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
jek57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 500
Would having a x pipe make a difference also with the headers?
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
MadGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Branford
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
I have read the write up on the v6 per mods very good post for sure but i wanted to know from other 3.7 owners what their opinions were with the headers and thanks for your inputs.Sounds like it would be a worthwhile mod for the price will be putting them on my Christmas list for sure.
I would definitely get shorties. Quiets down the rasp of whatever exhaust you have. Long tube headers sound great with V8s. But on our 3.7s, especially coupled with an O/R midpipe, they sound horrible . My current setup is: MAC shorty headers, MAC Prochamber midpipe and Borla ATAKs. Sound great, especially at WOT. Nice rumble at idle.
MadGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
Would having a x pipe make a difference also with the headers?
I have a true X on mine, smoothed out the sound and did get a small bump in the lower rpm's. But I still have the stock cat's and resonators.
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:54 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mean14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 594
If you're looking for low end grunt, save the money for a set of gears. Shorty headers will give you minimal gains.
__________________

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cross Plains
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 175
mpg

Curious is there a mpg gain in either?
Logan541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:19 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
I have read the write up on the v6 per mods very good post for sure but i wanted to know from other 3.7 owners what their opinions were with the headers and thanks for your inputs.Sounds like it would be a worthwhile mod for the price will be putting them on my Christmas list for sure.
_____________
I have the BBK Ceramic Shorties. Gain a little on the horsepower and gets rid of the raspy sound. Also the headers don't hold the heat like the cast iron exhaust does. The Ceramics don't need to be polished like the Chrome headers do. What's really fun, if you happen to be traveling and you get to go through some of the mountains were the dug a tunnel into the side. Step on the gas pedal and WOW!

Good Luck on Your Choice.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:54 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan541 View Post
Curious is there a mpg gain in either?
I didn't get consistent over 30 MPG tanks until after the headers went on.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:28 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
audioAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 604
Interesting thread, I just did bassani axlebacks & am considering shorties myself now.
__________________
2014 DIB 3.7 "Blue Cyclone" on 275/40/18 RE 760 Sports/Sold
2016 ruby red GT 300 A with 3.55:1 gear/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/ UPR catch can/Airaid/AEM/J&M Bushings/ BMR cradle lockout/BMR CB006 brace/BMR cc bolts/S-04 pole position'
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:54 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
jek57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 500
It was a tough choice between 3.55 s and the shorties jumped on the 3.55s found a good price for them on ebay and the install kit but still looking to get the headers for my next mod. You know they make way to many performance parts for these cars outrage i tell ya
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cross Plains
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 175
Ok heres my situation i have a v6 'vert its my DD not looking to make it any louder since it is a vert. I hit about 80 - 100 most times i go out. Looking to boost mpgs (anything afyer thT is a nice plus) just tired of filling it up on monday and having to stop to fill up thursaday nights i would like to make it to friday night when i dont care if i pull off the road and get home 30 minutes later irs just a pain beside the station i go to is in the resturant district and i usually stop there on a friday night to eat out anyway. I know you didn't the the whole explanation lol. No inspections in my area so long tubes short tubes? And what else can i do to go from 28 to 31 mpg. I already have the K&N intake and know all the drive properly crap but i have a 96 mile round trip everyday so i drive fast plus it's a stang and who buys one to drive like granny. Thanks
Logan541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 03:26 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Micco
Region: Florida
Posts: 141
No offence... but the only way to get 25-31 mpg IS to drive like a granny! I get 15-19mpg mix of Hwy/city.
Ppkonablue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 03:57 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
I'd say the biggest gain in fuel efficiency for you would be to slow down a bit.
Don't you have state troopers that will slow you down?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mpg-vs-speed-subaru 2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	195002  
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppkonablue12 View Post
No offence... but the only way to get 25-31 mpg IS to drive like a granny! I get 15-19mpg mix of Hwy/city.
No offense, but I am the farthest away from driving like a granny with 60,000 miles logged on Fuely at over 26 MPG on the Mustang. My V8 powered 02 Tundra is in the 15-19 MPG range.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGenius View Post
I would definitely get shorties. Quiets down the rasp of whatever exhaust you have. Long tube headers sound great with V8s. But on our 3.7s, especially coupled with an O/R midpipe, they sound horrible . My current setup is: MAC shorty headers, MAC Prochamber midpipe and Borla ATAKs. Sound great, especially at WOT. Nice rumble at idle.
I must have missed this back when you posted it.
I see you have the MAC Prochamber midpipe. Is this the one "For Stock Cats"? If so did you cut the pipes at the ends of your resonators and clamp or weld?
Did you put it on separately or at the same time as your other exhaust items.
I'm curious, if separate, as to sound changes?
In my case I had the BBK shorties first. Then I added the Borla Touring. Found the Touring to be too quiet and tried adding the MAC Prochamber. When I did that I think it made the sound a bit deeper but I'm also thinking it made it a bit quieter.
BTW I had planned to clamp mine(at the resonator end) but found it a bit sloppy so had it welded.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Micco
Region: Florida
Posts: 141
I don't know how Siber Expres. We both have 3:31 gears with the Performance Pack and I've never been able to average anything close to that. I was confused when I first got the car as they are rated higher, so I started taking off way slower, shifting at 2500 rpms, stuff like that...was able to average 24mpg. Said screw it... now I take off faster and shift between 4-6K and yeah- average 15-19mpg.
Ppkonablue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:24 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
If I am all highway I normally get 28 to as high as 34. I take off quickly, shift at near 4000, use the motor to slow down. I get mileage like what you get when I play hard in the mountains.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:25 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppkonablue12 View Post
I don't know how Siber Expres. We both have 3:31 gears with the Performance Pack and I've never been able to average anything close to that. I was confused when I first got the car as they are rated higher, so I started taking off way slower, shifting at 2500 rpms, stuff like that...was able to average 24mpg. Said screw it... now I take off faster and shift between 4-6K and yeah- average 15-19mpg.
Funny(or maybe not) I've never reset my average MPG meter and it's always reads between 21.4 and 21.5 MPG. But I'm practically never on a highway. I've babied it and not babied it, never changes much. I suppose one reason is it's averaging out for my total miles of about 5,000 or so.
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
I have left my miles per gallon for 3 tanks. It figured out to 23.5 by the car and 26.2 by pencil and paper. Over a long time the gallons and mileage won't even come out right on what the MPG says on the same screen.
My car is always 1 MPG off compared to paper and pen.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
I have left my miles per gallon for 3 tanks. It figured out to 23.5 by the car and 26.2 by pencil and paper. Over a long time the gallons and mileage won't even come out right on what the MPG says on the same screen.
My car is always 1 MPG off compared to paper and pen.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Yeah I've heard that. I should check it for a few tank fulls myself.
Siber...what octane gas do you use?
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:06 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
Normally 92 from Pilot

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted: 96-98 v6 headers or 99-04 shorty headers wanted mattyp511 Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 0 04-08-2014 10:30 PM
Longtube headers or shorty headers? Stanglover1966 General Mustang Discussion 5 07-29-2012 10:10 AM
Jba 1 5/8 shorty headers (insight on jba headers) go or no go? Swangin_Stangs 1979-1995 Mustang GT 24 01-13-2012 07:15 PM
MAC shorty headers 99+ v-6 mustang-new tinyavenger Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 5 08-11-2006 12:32 PM
Shorty or Long Tube Headers? latinimagexx Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 20 03-24-2004 10:10 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:30 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.