Another Suspension Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Another Suspension Question

I plan on installing Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs.
I originally figured on Koni Orange struts/shocks but I see Eibach has Pro-Damper struts/shocks, as well.
Anyone have any feelings, pros or cons on the Eibach struts/shocks?
I know the Koni are quite popular but I do recall a few complaints on a noisy strut.
Do you think there may be some advantage to using Eibach struts/shocks with Eibach springs?
Thought I may go with Eibach on Panhard Bar and LCA's too.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2015, 11:25 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
I havent used either but from my inderstanding the Koni orange shocks and struts are much like the stock ones. I have done some research on suspensions parts and it seems like the Eibach get pretty good reviews. I plan on doing my suspension at some point and Im the kind of person that likes to brand match. Ill either be using Whiteline or BMR for most of my stuff. When I do replace my shocks and struts I wil most likely use the Eibach. Ive also heard and read some good stuff on the Steeda stuff as well. Based on the reviews on the Koni orange's, I wont go that route. Im not saying they are bad, but if there is a possibility of noises I dont want tha.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Eibachs shocks/struts are designed to work with their springs. So I say go for matching parts.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
Eibachs shocks/struts are designed to work with their springs. So I say go for matching parts.
That's what I was kind of wondering and thinking of doing unless there were a lot of negative comments.

And thanks for your input Socal Stangman. It's all welcomed and appreciated.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Hey diehard I have the koni orange shocks and struts with Sr Springs and Bmr LCA.. I have complaints with them other than a stiffer ride which comes with lowering your car. I have no squeaks either from my konis. I can let you ride along if your interested before you make your decision, you know where I live lol.

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

No complaints.

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
After doing a lot of reading on the Koni's they seem to be hit and miss. There are a lot of people out there using them with no problems at all.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Hey diehard I have the koni orange shocks and struts with Sr Springs and Bmr LCA.. I have complaints with them other than a stiffer ride which comes with lowering your car. I have no squeaks either from my konis. I can let you ride along if your interested before you make your decision, you know where I live lol.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

No complaints.

Thanks for the offer shunc but I think I'm leaning towards Eibach all the way around.
Plus I couldn't find your place again if my life depended on it. LOL
Old 10-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Thanks for the offer shunc but I think I'm leaning towards Eibach all the way around.
Plus I couldn't find your place again if my life depended on it. LOL
Ok lol.. No problem if you need any help let me know.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Did you blow out your stock struts or something? Ive actually wondered that myself, if you will damage your stock struts if you just use lowering springs
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Did you blow out your stock struts or something? Ive actually wondered that myself, if you will damage your stock struts if you just use lowering springs

The stock shocks and struts are designed to be used with stock springs. If you change out the springs to an aftermarket set up, you are still able to use your stock shocks/struts, but the ride quality will suffer. Also, you will wear the stock equipment down a lot faster depending on how significant the drop is. So yes, you can use them, but I wouldn't recommend it for long term use.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Old 10-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I figured, very few cars are able to be lowered. I dont think a 1.5" drop would be much strain on the stock equipment that i couldnt use it for a few thousand miles...ride quality would be significantly stiffer though.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I figured, very few cars are able to be lowered. I dont think a 1.5" drop would be much strain on the stock equipment that i couldnt use it for a few thousand miles...ride quality would be significantly stiffer though.
I've heard of people running the stock shocks/struts on a 1.5" drop for almost two years. I wouldn't recommend doing it, but to each their own. I always say, if you're going to do it, might as well do it right the first time. There is no sense in halfassing it because you will eventually have to pick up that other half.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
I've heard of people running the stock shocks/struts on a 1.5" drop for almost two years. I wouldn't recommend doing it, but to each their own. I always say, if you're going to do it, might as well do it right the first time. There is no sense in halfassing it because you will eventually have to pick up that other half.
Meh, i wont be running the car much longer than another couple years anyway, by then i could get some OEM replacement shocks for when i trade it a lot cheaper than Konis or whatever else is out there.

Then again as much as i agree with your logic on "doing it right the first time" in everything else i do in my life. If I follow that logic, then I mine as well not do anything to the suspension then as I can't afford to be getting struts and shocks for the car in addition to the cost of an install just to be paying to have them removed in a year or two. Springs i can live with trading with the car, but an entire suspension setup , no way.

As it is I still havnt even been able to install the springs and Adj panhard bar I bought last Spring!
Old 10-16-2015, 11:51 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Meh, i wont be running the car much longer than another couple years anyway, by then i could get some OEM replacement shocks for when i trade it a lot cheaper than Konis or whatever else is out there.

Then again as much as i agree with your logic on "doing it right the first time" in everything else i do in my life. If I follow that logic, then I mine as well not do anything to the suspension then as I can't afford to be getting struts and shocks for the car in addition to the cost of an install just to be paying to have them removed in a year or two. Springs i can live with trading with the car, but an entire suspension setup , no way.

As it is I still havnt even been able to install the springs and Adj panhard bar I bought last Spring!

Where you located? I can help you out if you're close. I'm in Chicago

Old 10-16-2015, 02:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Im in Mass...a bit far from where you are :-/
The help is always welcomed though!
Old 10-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im in Mass...a bit far from where you are :-/
The help is always welcomed though!
Dude I could help you install it but just wanted to let you know that iv only done this once..

Old 10-16-2015, 02:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I do appreciate Shun, but my availability differs from yours a lot. I am changing over to a new job format here soon so i MAY get a day off on the weekend i can use to do that.
It will get done though!
Old 10-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I do appreciate Shun, but my availability differs from yours a lot. I am changing over to a new job format here soon so i MAY get a day off on the weekend i can use to do that.
It will get done though!
Ok no problem, just let me know when you're ready and just rent a spring compressor at auto zone and when you return it you'll get your money back.. 😉

Old 10-16-2015, 05:22 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd say, since you already have them, you should just do the rear springs and panhard bar. They're fairly easy, no spring comp needed.
So you use the stock shocks. What do you have to lose?
You can wait to see how the LCA's look after lowering, to see if they were affected enough to get the relocation brackets.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:48 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I'd say, since you already have them, you should just do the rear springs and panhard bar. They're fairly easy, no spring comp needed.
So you use the stock shocks. What do you have to lose?
You can wait to see how the LCA's look after lowering, to see if they were affected enough to get the relocation brackets.
There was an thread VIG started just the other day that K.C had responded to. Said just this. Changing the rears wont hurt the car so i think i will do this first so i can see how it all handles. Wouldn't hurt to have a stiffer rear end and keep it level with the front

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang