My rod bearing:( - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-18-2015, 09:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Now we're did the big screw go? Hmm f it it'll be fine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2015, 07:28 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
The only potential problem with doing your own oil changes is being able to prove the oil has, in fact, been changed. That's why someone above mentioned saving your receipts.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:26 AM   #38
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
if your dealer will not cover it under wtty (and unless there is something you did not mention they will/should) bring it to Nat's house he'll fix it for ya!

relax/ it'll be wtty...

bad news is No rental unless you bought an expensive extnd wtty.
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2015, 09:50 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
You should have no issues getting this repaired under warranty. It's not up to the local dealer, however. Ford Corporate will be making the call.

I'm not sure if there is a Ford rep on the site but you might want to contact one just to have someone on your side

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:16 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geok.91 View Post
Mark you just made me feel a lot better .everyone else thanks for your comments gotta love the mustang community... Btw mark did they give you a loaner car because this is currently my only car running

They have to send a petition to ford it usually takes up to 3-4 days to approve once they do they give you a rental car for about 10 days for free. Unless you have extended warranty with ford they give it to you right away. Always glad to be able to help out i hope things get solved quick i cant wait to get my baby back soon i miss driving her 😔😇💪🏼

mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:38 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

OP, why in gods green earth would Mobil 1 void a warranty? Its approved oil by the petriolium police. Lol. You can use any brand oil you can please. Ford can't void a warranty because someone doesn't use Motorcraft oil.

Heck, you even used the 5W 20 weight. The brand doesn't matter. If the millage and years are under the warranty then its a warranty item. Period sir. You have nothing to worry about!

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:39 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
OP, why in gods green earth would Mobil 1 void a warranty? Its approved oil by the petriolium police. Lol. You can use any brand oil you can please. Ford can't void a warranty because someone doesn't use Motorcraft oil.

Heck, you even used the 5W 20 weight. The brand doesn't matter. If the millage and years are under the warranty then its a warranty item. Period sir. You have nothing to worry about!

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!

Just had confusion on what natestang said/asked lol

Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:56 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Honestly you should be fine! Most dealers want the labor so they will work with you to take your car in. When i took my car in for the water pump he asked a lot of questions and he said did it over heat ever. Which it did once and i was honest. He said if it did he wasnt supose to fix it if it did, but he went ahead and took it in because they wanted easy flag hours. I would say your good! Also ford will most likely take the motor and give you a new one due to the fact they wanna see the problem and prevent it in the future, such as new productions of the 3.7s. Just call and make an appointment and say it's making a weird noise and go from there.
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
This thread kind of scared me. this is the first time i am hearing a 20K old motor spun a rod. And I usually don't save receipts for oil and filter. Which I will start doing from now.
AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Firstang001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:22 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstang001 View Post
This thread kind of scared me. this is the first time i am hearing a 20K old motor spun a rod. And I usually don't save receipts for oil and filter. Which I will start doing from now.

Yeah i never expected it when it happened but seems to be happening a lot in 13-14 models
Its weird mine was at 31 K lol

Old 10-21-2015, 05:41 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
Yeah i never expected it when it happened but seems to be happening a lot in 13-14 models

Did you have a tune? Did you go WOT often? Or is this something that simply just happens?
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:27 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

This is the first I'm hearing about this in a 3.7, have I missed something somewhere? Also why would this be limited to 13-14 year models and not 11-14? Just curious.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:15 AM   #48
Kevin.Cook

I have a 2011 with 105k miles and is running strong. Granted I did a full tune-up. But it gets me to work!
Old 10-21-2015, 07:46 AM   #49
Staff

Regular
Staff

side note: did the change (Mobil 1 5-20) last night in mine....I move my drop light and hear a noise. I process the sound and go "it was the fill cap-no problem I'll pick it up when I go back underneath"

25 minutes of searching to find the bugger
Old 10-21-2015, 07:58 AM   #50
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Just put the recommended weight of Motorcraft oil before you take the car in. And don't volunteer any information! Tell them that your engine is making a strange noise, and nothing else.
It is perfectly acceptable to change your own oil, but you should always keep the receipts,
I don't think that you will have any problem with them covering this under warranty.
This. As long as you were using SAE rated oils (as stated in your owners manual), which Mobil 1 is, you did nothing wrong, and you are within your rights to perform your own oil changes. By law, if a dealer or auto manufacturer requires themselves to do the maintenance in order for the warranty to remain intact, then they must do it fro free.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:16 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Mine is exactly sitting at 31K and its a 2013...

Quote:

AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Firstang001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #52
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
side note: did the change (Mobil 1 5-20) last night in mine....I move my drop light and hear a noise. I process the sound and go "it was the fill cap-no problem I'll pick it up when I go back underneath"

25 minutes of searching to find the bugger
I know that feeling!
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:13 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
Did you have a tune? Did you go WOT often? Or is this something that simply just happens?

Car was completely stock with just catback system. Only took to track a few times and regular oil changes

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstang001 View Post
Mine is exactly sitting at 31K and its a 2013...

Lol (suspense moment)

Old 10-21-2015, 01:15 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
This is the first I'm hearing about this in a 3.7, have I missed something somewhere? Also why would this be limited to 13-14 year models and not 11-14? Just curious.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Well mine isnt a v6 i have the 5.0. And i just said it seems to just be happening for the most part to 13-14 mustangs. All i know is the rod bearing on these mustangs are pretty weak at least on some

Old 10-22-2015, 04:29 AM   #55

They cannot legally just up and void your warranty there are a lot of politics involved they have to be able to prove that's what caused your engine to fail and the type of oil had nothing to do with it they use full synthetic in all the 5.0 motors from 2011 and up you can put a supercharger on your car and if the oil pump goes out your still covered they have to prove that the supercharger caused the oil pump to fail trust me it cant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tonymosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:40 AM   #56
Staff

Regular
Staff

Yes they have to prove it.....but IF they deny it you have to win in court before they'll fix it under wtty.

OP, this does not change your situation and you should still be covered.

Mud's guess is adding a supercharger = denial of most wtty claims

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang