Crap, Hail Damage... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-18-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Crap, Hail Damage...

Just got home today from a work trip. Pulled into the driveway, got the Mustang unloaded. Went inside to relax when a little Tucson thunderstorm started...Which quickly turned into a nice hail storm...Didn't even have a chance to pull my wife's car out and put the Mustang in...

I thought it survived with no damage until I rinsed it and dried it off....Lots of nice little dents. Actually surprised that there aren't any big ones with the size of hail we had. But, I can see them...Ugh....

I will be making a call to my insurance to see how they want to proceed. I did find out that my comprehensive deductible is only $100. I also have a call into a buddy that works for the Ford dealers here in town to see who he recommends for the work...But still...

Steve
'14 Deep Impact Blue V-6 Coupe
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
SRE TUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2015, 11:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
one of the hardest damage to repair so it doesnt show,look her over in their shop under floresent lights. if she's not right will show checking this way
ALLYDRIVER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

My car has been in the garage since Thursday morning since I've been off. Haven't had to go anywhere so it's been sitting the whole weekend while it rained here in Phoenix. Glad we didn't get any hail here though. That sucks man.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2015, 06:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRE TUS View Post
Just got home today from a work trip. Pulled into the driveway, got the Mustang unloaded. Went inside to relax when a little Tucson thunderstorm started...Which quickly turned into a nice hail storm...Didn't even have a chance to pull my wife's car out and put the Mustang in...

I thought it survived with no damage until I rinsed it and dried it off....Lots of nice little dents. Actually surprised that there aren't any big ones with the size of hail we had. But, I can see them...Ugh....

I will be making a call to my insurance to see how they want to proceed. I did find out that my comprehensive deductible is only $100. I also have a call into a buddy that works for the Ford dealers here in town to see who he recommends for the work...But still...
I had hail damage when my car was only 2 months old. Paintless dent repair, not a drop of paint or body work, car looks brand new! Don't except anything but.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I had hail damage when my car was only 2 months old. Paintless dent repair, not a drop of paint or body work, car looks brand new! Don't except anything but.

Totally agree with this. Those guys are capable of doing a fantastic job on paintless dent repair
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

That sucks. We had some hail a couple time this summer and my car was in the thick of it. Once was on the road in traffic and the other was while it was parked at work. Nothing both times. not a dnet or a scratch.
Sadly I was hopping to have some hood damage as i would have liked to use the money to get a new fiberglass hood LOL
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:56 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Sadly I was hopping to have some hood damage as i would have liked to use the money to get a new fiberglass hood LOL
Hehe. I know how you feel. If you do go with a fiberglass hood, I can recommend a good shop nearby that did a fantastic job on mine.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:09 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Hehe. I know how you feel. If you do go with a fiberglass hood, I can recommend a good shop nearby that did a fantastic job on mine.
Oh nice, been looking for one of those. they dont exist much out here.
it also doesnt have to be fiberglass, but i do want one with the functional scoops and heat extractors...for the "cool" factor
Old 10-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Fiberglass will probably be the most common/inexpensive hood material. I went with Cervini, but have also heard good things about TruFiber. Feel free to have a look at my hood on Sat.

The shop I used was Sansossio Auto Couture in Natick. Ask for Phil Jr and tell him I sent you.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 10-19-2015, 12:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good to me. Dont forget 8am!
Old 10-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

I'll be there with coffee in hand!

Just finished fabricating and installing some screens for the hood scoops. Repurposed a $3 gutter guard from Home Depot.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Talked to my insurance company this morning. Have it set up tomorrow for drop off. We shall see in a week or so...I will be going over it with a fine tooth comb...

The adjuster said that this has been a strange Summer this year in Tucson. He has seen more hail damage than ever. Back in June there were a few dealerships hit pretty hard, along with personal cars all over the East side of town...

Steve
'14 Deep Impact Blue V-6 Coupe
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
SRE TUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Demand they use the paintless dent repair technique!
Even if you have to take it to a shop an hour or so away DON'T settle for anything less, unless your ok with body work and paint (cringe)

FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You could try taking it and using a heat gun or a hair dryer on the dented area. Then put a ice cube and let it melt. Then go get your toilet plunger from the bathroom (first make sure it is clean), put it and see if the dent will come out. I saw a guy doing exactly this a couple of years ago in a parking lot. He pulled out 5 dents and the car looked great. Might save you some money.

GOOD LUCK!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:22 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

^ That's certainly worth a try. Even better than an ice cube would be dry ice or inverting an air duster can so it makes a freezing spray.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
You could try taking it and using a heat gun or a hair dryer on the dented area. Then put a ice cube and let it melt. Then go get your toilet plunger from the bathroom (first make sure it is clean), put it and see if the dent will come out. I saw a guy doing exactly this a couple of years ago in a parking lot. He pulled out 5 dents and the car looked great. Might save you some money.

GOOD LUCK!
With a $100 deductible, the fact that method doesn't always work and the fact that you have a lot of dings, I wouldn't bother if I were you.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang