Power Sports Rotors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-04-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Power Sports Rotors

So my Power Sports rotors showed up today. On opening the box, I have driver and passenger rear rotors and passenger and passenger front rotors. Paper in the box says it doesn't matter which side is which on install then it goes on to describe how to identify passenger from driver's side. Anyone have any input on this? Looking for some justification to install these pups now rather than wait for a replacement rotor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1104151736.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	902.6 KB
ID:	193262  
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Call power sport

Call the manufacturer or look for their web site and see what information is there.
There should be some paperwork in the box with their phone number.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
Kevin.Cook

Here is the front driver side. You can see the direction of the slots. The rest of them should fall into place
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1446061542.049993.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	193263  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2015, 05:16 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I hear ya brother. I have three rotors with one slot/drill orientation and one with the opposite. (left and right rear and right and right front) Oh, I forgot to add in the original post that the internal convection fins are radial NOT directional.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 11-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
Kevin.Cook

I am confused. Post a pic of all of the rotors so we can see what you are talking about.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:43 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook

Or just text me. You got my #.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Have a pic posted in original post. Is it not showing?
Old 11-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #8
Kevin.Cook

Power Sports Rotors

It is but wanted to see the rear rotors also.

Either way, the front rotors shouldnt be for the same side. You probably need to exchange the kit.

See! You helped me choose Tridents and I got a bad kit. Now its payback time. Lol

Just messin...
Old 11-05-2015, 08:37 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Good video on the subject

Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
If the fins are not directional then it doesn't actually matter. But from a "looks" standpoint it would bother me, personally.

Sent from my #racecar

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:54 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Well, Did you call them??
Ronnie
Old 11-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #12
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
If the fins are not directional then it doesn't actually matter. But from a "looks" standpoint it would bother me, personally.

Sent from my #racecar

My set came with fronts and rears that did not have the same pattern. So everything went on correctly.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:17 PM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm just wondering if the OP called anybody

I know if it was me, I would have been on the phone early this morning to the place I bought them from.
I also would have called the company that made them.

He had all day to do iit.
Ronnie
Old 11-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #14
Kevin.Cook

He might have. But he doesnt get on here alot during the day. We will wait and see what he says later.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Sorry for the delay in update all. Traveling and teaching today. Anyway, got a reply email back early early this am. They are sending out a replacement (or rather a first) driver side front rotor. Incorrectly packed kit. Got the UPS shipping notification of label generated today as well. Liking the looks of the Power Sports (when I have all the right pieces even better); the price was right but shipping was just under a week. If the replacement piece comes at the same speed, I'll be neutral on the purchase, assuming all else is good. Hate to say it but as I've gotten older, there is a price premium I'm willing to pay to have what I want now or at least in 48 hours. Power Stops off of AM would have cost me an extra $100 over the Power Sports. If I would have known, two weeks (granted accidents happen and I'm assuming another week on correct rotor being shipped), I would have dropped the extra 100 and purchased from AM. I'm also curious about the lathing process on these. I didn't think about it until after they were ordered but these being so much cheaper and from China makes me all but positive they were wet cut with oil. I don't track the car so... Rambling thoughts here as my Saturday morning is now free, darn it.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Good going Hampton,
Don't worry about them being from China. I'm sure they will be just fine. I'm happy they sent out the correct part right away for you. It's not like you will be heating the brakes up a lot so they should last you a long time.
Ronnie
Old 11-06-2015, 04:06 AM   #17
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Thanks Ronnie. Same logic here. I always "want" the high end / high perf stuff on my car but rarely will need / even use their capabilities. But from a primal perspective, it's in the same vein as one piece drive shaft on your DD for higher top speeds (as in it won't disintegrate at 130). I'm not sure how often a daily driver will be doing 130+ but you never know when you may need to race to save nuns, escape zombies or get the antidote to the President. Always best to be ready!
Old 11-06-2015, 06:30 AM   #18
Kevin.Cook

I apologize man. But not everyone is perfect. Heck, I just had to swap my side scoops out with AM and finally after getting my 3rd set, they are the right color. Took almost a month. Imagine how that feels. LOL
Old 11-06-2015, 08:16 AM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Waste $$$$---I don't think so

Hey Hampton,
I got all kinds of stuff on my Mustang I could have lived without such as the SWARR BAR rear axle brace, The Aluminum driveshaft, Hood Struts, Boss 302 brace, Rear panel,
******************************BUT***********************************************

I really enjoy my Mustang and don't mind peeing $$$$$ up a rope to make me happy.
With my health problems I feel life is short and do what ever makes me happy and modding up my Mustang sure does that.
I love going to car shows and in August I take my best friend Mario to the big American Muscle show in Pennsylvania. The drive up from Florida is a mess when hitting the Washington area traffic but sure is fun when we arrive.
I have always been a car person and this is my fourth Mustang. I have had many cars in between but always loved Mustangs. I had three Corvettes plus street rods and Big engine muscle cars but Mustangs were always in my heart.
I got my Mustang just about the way I want it, and I'm planning on keeping this one until I die.
If your planning on keeping your Mustang for a long time, Spending money on how you want it is not as big of a waste of $$$$ as some people think it is.
Ronnie

Mario --My best Friend
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mario cool 5X7.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	193305   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070611.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	890.3 KB
ID:	193306  

Name:	Daytona Mustang.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	641.3 KB
ID:	193307  
Old 11-06-2015, 08:18 AM   #20
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Hey Hampton,
I got all kinds of stuff on my Mustang I could have lived without such as the SWARR BAR rear axle brace, The Aluminum driveshaft, Hood Struts, Boss 302 brace, Rear panel,
******************************BUT***********************************************

I really enjoy my Mustang and don't mind peeing $$$$$ up a rope to make me happy.
With my health problems I feel life is short and do what ever makes me happy and modding up my Mustang sure does that.
I love going to car shows and in August I take my best friend Mario to the big American Muscle show in Pennsylvania. The drive up from Florida is a mess when hitting the Washington area traffic but sure is fun when we arrive.
I have always been a car person and this is my fourth Mustang. I have had many cars in between but always loved Mustangs. I had three Corvettes plus street rods and Big engine muscle cars but Mustangs were always in my heart.
I got my Mustang just about the way I want it, and I'm planning on keeping this one until I die.
If your planning on keeping your Mustang for a long time, Spending money on how you want it is not as big of a waste of $$$$ as some people think it is.
Ronnie

Mario --My best Friend
Mario alone adds 300-400 rwhp and torque.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Kevin,

I sure wish you could have made it up to the Maple Grove show. I was looking forward to meeting you.
Maybe next year unless you come to Florida for your vacation.
MARIO
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mario 5X7.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	193311  
Old 11-06-2015, 10:14 AM   #22
Kevin.Cook

I am hoping next year.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:29 PM   #23
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I believe I saw you in Pennsylvania in August Ronnie. My 14 year old son and I made the trip this year (first time) and I remember seeing a fellow walking with their corgi. There can't be two of you I'm betting. Small world.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:39 PM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yea, That was me. I had a green Mustang Evolution shirt on provided by one of our members.
My Mario loves the car shows but in the afternoon the tarmac was just to hot for his feet so we had to stay in the grassy areas.
You should have just come over and introduced your self. A few of us from the forum parked together. We were on the road across from some food vendors.
Ronnie
Old 11-07-2015, 05:00 AM   #25
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

LOL Ronnie. Yep, the line of trees where the only real shade was... That's where I was too. Dead across from the food venders.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11141332_10153501799239519_4537517331870184287_n.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	193351  
Old 11-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I was parked not to far from you. I was the last car on the end on the road. Candy red metallic 2012 MCA.
Next year we need to all get our act together and see if we can get some special Mustang Evolution parking.
It's almost impossible to meet up and drive a large group in together.

My clubs go to the Daytona Turkey Rod run and it may cost the extra $5.00 for a club parking sticker over the entrance fee but it works out perfect.

Clubs get to park in their locations all together. The club just needs to know how many is signed up (Pre-Registered) and going. Then the Speedway knows just how many spaces will be needed.
If we can get AM to do something like this, it would really be nice.
Ronnie
Old 11-07-2015, 07:04 PM   #27
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Yep. I don't remember your car specifically but I was smack in the middle of half a dozen cars on either side all with blowers. I recall the last few on the end being normally aspirated. I must have walked past your car half a dozen times cruising the lot (on foot) or heading for the latrine. Next year, we'll get that Kevin Cook kid out too!
Old 11-07-2015, 07:09 PM   #28
Kevin.Cook

I want to!!! I will be in a better place next summer so it wont be an issue. I will make sure to get new tires on the 2014 by then. As the tread is like 6 on all tires not and still got 8-9 months left before the next event.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang