H-Pipe Install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
H-Pipe Install

Sup guys, so im getting ready to install my new Lethal Performance H Pipe this weekend. My question is, would the guides for GT's apply to the 6? The only guides I see are for X Pipes and not many at that for the v6
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2015, 09:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
You can follow the X-Pipe guides. It's the exact same install.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
The installation will be similar for GTs and V6s. It's quite simple. Unbolt the mid pipe from the headers (2 bolts on each side for a total of 4.) Make sure to unplug your O2 sensors, you will be transferring them to the new pipe (mark which side is which so you don't get them confused.) Then unbolt the mid pipe from the over axle pipes. Installation of new hpipe is reversed. Be sure to put your O2 sensors back on before installing the hpipe to ease the installation.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2015, 05:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I have no lift but I do have a pair of Rhino Ramps. Shoud I lift it from the front or back?
Also what extension is it that I need? I will go get it tomorrow beofre I start the install
Old 11-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Lift the front. Get like 1 foot extension AND a swivel connection. You'll have the stock midpipe off in under 5 mins.

Instagram: @v6beast
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So i might have to take it to a shop. I couldnt get this bolt off on the passengers side. The top one of the headers. Its almost out. its just now smoother so i have no idea what to do to take it off. I can replace it if i can take it off. Anyone have any ideas on how to take it off even if its by forcing it?? Il buy a a new nut if i have too. I just dont want to take it to the shop. I want to do it myself. Pleeeeeease help! tomorrow I will continue
Old 11-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
So i might have to take it to a shop. I couldnt get this bolt off on the passengers side. The top one of the headers. Its almost out. its just now smoother so i have no idea what to do to take it off. I can replace it if i can take it off. Anyone have any ideas on how to take it off even if its by forcing it?? Il buy a a new nut if i have too. I just dont want to take it to the shop. I want to do it myself. Pleeeeeease help! tomorrow I will continue

Take some penetrating fluid to it. PB blaster works great. WD-40 will work too. If that doesn't work, try heating it up. I actually got the passenger nut off by reaching it from the engine bay.

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Old 11-07-2015, 08:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
Take some penetrating fluid to it. PB blaster works great. WD-40 will work too. If that doesn't work, try heating it up. I actually got the passenger nut off by reaching it from the engine bay.
Yeah I was thinking of taking out the battery to get easier access to that. Wish me luck tomorrow! im gonna try hammering in a 14mm to get it out
Old 11-08-2015, 12:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
Yeah I was thinking of taking out the battery to get easier access to that. Wish me luck tomorrow! im gonna try hammering in a 14mm to get it out
I would suggest against that as you may dig yourself into a deeper hole. Stick with the correct size of 15mm and some patience.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
go ahead and rent an O2 sensor removal tool.
It will make your life 1000000x easier
also buy some PB blaster, or WD40. If you haven't removed those bolts before, they are a real PITA to get out.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote:
good advice here!
also, to heat them up, run your car for like 30 seconds. be careful not to burn yourself! haha
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 02:10 AM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Crescent wrench worked for me for the O2s

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:43 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would suggest against that as you may dig yourself into a deeper hole. Stick with the correct size of 15mm and some patience.
I can't. The 15 just goes round and round
Old 11-08-2015, 09:33 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
When OP said, "its just now smoother so i have no idea what to do to take it off.", I took that as saying he rounded off the nut. Hence the "im gonna try hammering in a 14mm to get it out".
That indicates to me that he may have been using a 12 point socket insteasd of a 6 point, which is what must be used on tough nuts. If this is true, I'd suggest he gets the 15mm - 6 point socket.
Click image for larger version

Name:	FH07JUN_SOCKET_01.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	193381
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Guys its done! Here is the link to the original post where I was going to update everyone on how it sounded. Enjoy!
Borla ATAK's with Lethal Performance H-Pipe. Thoughts?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang