For Kevin & All who Helped (Video) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
For Kevin & All who Helped (Video)

Finally complete except for changing out the wheels. Just received a set of Ford Racing Chrome Bullitt Wheels.. After the gear change 2.73 - 3.55 I have a 400 rpm increase @ 70 mph. Is that about correct ? Thanks to all that have been involved.
2014 Mustang 3.7 Premium Pony, Ruby Red Metallic on Black leather...Support Our Troops..V-6 Performance Engine cover..S&R Peformance Chrome Strut Tower Support...Moroso...K&N Typhoon CAI...Roush...Billet Fuse Box Cover..Red Line Polished Hood Struts..80 mm Throttle Body..3.55 Gear...Flow Master Force II Axlebacks...MPT Tunes..
Attached Files
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2015, 03:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Nice ride ..How are liking your3.55 ? Just ordered a set for mine today
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Very nice Papa. Love the sound.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2015, 04:26 PM   #4
Kevin.Cook

Very nice. Have you thought about a 1 piece driveshaft and maybe rear lower control arms to firm up your take-offs?
Old 11-08-2015, 05:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm really liking the 3.55, I think a gear change should be the first mod for anyone thinking about it. That's about the least expensive way to some instant throttle response . I've thought about the driveshaft but it seems like you hear a lot of people comment about the added noise & vibrations so I'm not completely sold on that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I think your car looks and sounds great. Great job
2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Scotty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:51 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
If you decide on the drive shaft. Get a Carbon Fiber one and it will not transfer any of the noise most of the guys complain about.
I went back and read a lot of the posts about the drive shaft noise and vibrations and noticed the complaints all came from the ones that had gear changes in the differential.

I don't hear of any complaint about noise or vibrations on a car that has not had the gears replaced.
I have the axle exchange drive shaft and stock gears and my car is very smooth and quiet. With all of the drive shafts sold, I don't really hear about that many complaints
Ronnie+
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Ronnie, I'll study that further. I have also had a gear change but currently I have no noises. I would like to keep it that way. You know that driveshaft is a pretty pricey mod to not be happy with it !!

Old 11-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I think I'll put up a thread asking how many people had a vibration or noise after installing a aluminum drive shaft on a car with a factory stock unchanged deferential.
It may be a difficult question because I;m sure all of the ones that changed gears will chime in with information we don't want or need.
I'll give it a try anyway.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I think I'll put up a thread asking how many people had a vibration or noise after installing a aluminum drive shaft on a car with a factory stock unchanged deferential.
It may be a difficult question because I;m sure all of the ones that changed gears will chime in with information we don't want or need.
I'll give it a try anyway.
Ronnie
Good idea. Should be interesting.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I am currently on a MPT 89 performance tune with the 3.55, Can't say it hurt the mileage much..On the interstate with the cruise set. Sorry I missed the tach in the pic but it is on 2050.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1447253810.434541.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	193481

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang