Can i use this grille? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2015, 06:08 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Trying to make your V6 look like a V8?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2015, 06:41 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
it's blue oval industries. they seem to have awful ratings on different forums, but their eBay seems fine. idk.

and yeah idk if i really wanna take the whole damn bumper off lol. I don't plan on going back to stock and i assume popping the new one in is easier than taking it off right?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

I can remove my bumper in 5 minutes. That's no fluff. Not breaking anything. Goes back on in about 8-9 min. It's seriously as easy as rotating tires in my opinion. I always get a kick out of it when people say things like IDK if I want to take the bumper off... If only you knew how easy it really was!
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:00 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
wtf!! why so cheap!? god damn.

Right! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
asvpedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2015, 12:22 AM   #39
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I can remove my bumper in 5 minutes. That's no fluff. Not breaking anything. Goes back on in about 8-9 min. It's seriously as easy as rotating tires in my opinion. I always get a kick out of it when people say things like IDK if I want to take the bumper off... If only you knew how easy it really was!

Lol...I would not recommend this to jayochs. No offense to Jay at all, he's a great guy, but it would not be a 10 minute process for him haha.

IG: The_Notorious_VIG_
Old 11-22-2015, 01:22 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Lol...I would not recommend this to jayochs. No offense to Jay at all, he's a great guy, but it would not be a 10 minute process for him haha.

IG: The_Notorious_VIG_
lol dick.

and no, I'm not trying to make my v6 look like a v8. I don't like the chrome accent on the grille at all. therefore, I want to make it black, to match my black car.

MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:03 AM   #41
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Exactly my thing too Jay. I didn't like the chrome accent surround and pony. I originally plasti-dipped mine. Here's a pic of them after I removed and painted them. (These were from a while back, obviously prior to the boss grille install.) The 3.7 Cyclone badge was the most expensive part of that cosmetic change at 8 bucks.

Jay, trust me on this, you'll want to remove the bumper to install the grille. Do you really want to shortcut 15 minutes by risking breaking parts and scratching paint?

I went with the boss grille because it gave the car some flare I liked. As far as making your car (or mine for that matter) look like a V8.. Any stock GT made prior to 2011 come to the line against my sixer, and my girl be havin' herself a little snack! Talk about V6s and V8s, anyone else seen the new Ford GT whose heart is a sixer. One super tough car there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0725151147.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	967.7 KB
ID:	193895   Click image for larger version

Name:	0725151113.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	193896  

2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

that looks pretty cool with the 3.7 badge too! I like it.

MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 11-22-2015, 05:21 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
It will not fit unless you have the outer surround for it to mount in. The two together were just too much money when I went down this same path my friend. This is what I picked up which included the outer surround. 2013 Ford Mustang GT Boss 302 Upper Grille Surround Insert w Pony Emblem | eBay Got the grille deletes along with the pony emblem with the purchase also. Price was unbeatable for inner and outer surround at $335. I ended up getting some .25" garden wire and made the S type screens over the fog light mounts. If you make them on the back side you can still pop on and off the grille deletes. See pic. The other issue is the lower grille won't match the Boss type grill hexes. The 13'-14' GT grille matches. I picked up a new OEM unit off ebay for $100 last month. I just cruised and didn't see one right now but the lower grille (if you want the patterns to match) pops in place without having the remove the front bumper. You do have to remove the bumper cover to uninstall the stock unit though. I ran no lower grille for a few days while waiting for new part.
so i'm thinking of getting the GT grille instead maybe...how exactly did you go about making the S type grilles for the foglights? rather than spend another 65 bucks for the deletes, maybe i'll do the same. how did you attach it?
Old 11-22-2015, 05:33 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Deletes for the Foglight Deletes - B13 Pics - Photo Gallery - Boss 302 Forum

awesome idea, with the metal from the gutter guards...but he's using the deletes as a template, which unfortunately i don't have. any ideas how i'd go about cutting these without a template?
Old 11-22-2015, 06:49 PM   #45
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

You can actually make the screens without the deletes as a template. I measured the diameter of the fog light hole and cut the screen to be an inch wider all the way around. (You HAVE to take the grille off for this part.) Using a small drill bit I drilled two holes at the 12, 4 and 8 o'clock positions. Make the holes a few mm apart. Then fish some stainless steel safety wire through the holes and around the screen immediately on the rear of your fog holes. The screen you hand mold to fit behind first. Take some pliers and twist the safety wire till everything is taught for each of the sections you have wire tying the screen down. Three three inch portions of wire fished from front of grill to backside. Tuck the extra ends of wire out of the way on the back side of the grille, reinstall the grille assembly and Boom! You're done and rockn'!
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 11-22-2015, 06:57 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

so you won't see the safety wire at all through the grille? if i do it, I'm gonna put the mesh on before I install the grille. hmm.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I was thinking like 3m tape or something lol

Old 11-22-2015, 07:08 PM   #48
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I don't think double sided tape will work. I used safety wire because if you look up some pics of Boss grilles and look closely you can see that's how it's OEM fastened on. Look carefully at the pic here (Ford Racing Boss 302S Mustang Grille w/ Emblem - Unpainted M-8200-MBRA (13-14 GT, Boss) - Free Shipping) You can see the safety wire at the 3, 5 and 7 positions. OEM likely has at six points. I just did three and haven't had any problems.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #49

Region: Canada
I have a 2014 V6 with the pony package and it has the black grille surround not the chrome one like the base V6. I want to go with the Boss 302 Grille with Raxiom halo fogs. The pony package already has fogs in the bumper from factory so wiring them together shouldn't be an issue. My question is, is the surround on the pony package the same as the GT surround?
ScottyMatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #50
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyMatthews View Post
I have a 2014 V6 with the pony package and it has the black grille surround not the chrome one like the base V6. I want to go with the Boss 302 Grille with Raxiom halo fogs. The pony package already has fogs in the bumper from factory so wiring them together shouldn't be an issue. My question is, is the surround on the pony package the same as the GT surround?
You have me there. You can always do a Ford OEM parts look up between what you have and the GT. I also am never shy myself about going to the dealer parts guy and asking although, I usually end up buy wipers, touch up paint or something to avoid being a scrub.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:51 AM   #51
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Before getting too far into this, I'd check with your state laws about how many headlights/foglights you can have. Most states, it's a 4 light max. This would be one of those things a cop can easily spot, and pull you over for. And once he/she has you stopped, they may start looking at other things. What started out as one fix-it ticket can quickly become multiple depending on your mods and the cop. Just my .02

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:09 AM   #52
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Before getting too far into this, I'd check with your state laws about how many headlights/foglights you can have. Most states, it's a 4 light max. This would be one of those things a cop can easily spot, and pull you over for. And once he/she has you stopped, they may start looking at other things. What started out as one fix-it ticket can quickly become multiple depending on your mods and the cop. Just my .02

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Good point. I had two extra fogs mounted below my bumper. Never got stopped but had a state inspection refused because of it.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Changed my V6 grille to a GT/CS upper & lower without removing bumper. Removed lower plastic pan & upper radiator cover. Put front of car on ramps & from underneath pressed on each tab behind the grille and pushed while reaching around and pulling on front. Both upper & lower came out with breaking any tabs. Scary, but it worked.
New grilles snapped right in.
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:59 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
I read this thread through, but Im still not clear... Will all GT grilled fit a v6 of the same year?
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:26 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Can i use this grille?

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:32 AM   #56
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
No. Different bumpers.

2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 93 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Last Mod: Bama 93 Race Tune

IG: chaznungaray
Actually, that's wrong if you have a 13-14. The 10-12s had the different bumpers. You just need the GT grille surround in order to use GT specific 13-14 grilles. That's why some aftermarket grilles are labeled to fit both V6s and GTs, because they don't reuse the GT grille surround.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:03 AM   #57
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

^ This
Old 03-04-2016, 07:10 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
so if I wanted an upper grille that says it's for a 2014 gt, I could make it work as long as I get a GT surround somewhere? I'm a little slow this morning so I apologize in advance. Lol

In a nutshell, I would like to do an upper grille with actual working fog lights. I dont think Ive seen a V6 like that yet so maybe it cant be done?
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:19 AM   #59
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
so if I wanted an upper grille that says it's for a 2014 gt, I could make it work as long as I get a GT surround somewhere? I'm a little slow this morning so I apologize in advance. Lol

In a nutshell, I would like to do an upper grille with actual working fog lights. I dont think Ive seen a V6 like that yet so maybe it cant be done?

Yea all you need is the surround and you are good. If you want to run the fogs you will need the inner support as well. But it's the same bumper. It will work
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:10 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Can i use this grille?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Actually, that's wrong if you have a 13-14. The 10-12s had the different bumpers. You just need the GT grille surround in order to use GT specific 13-14 grilles. That's why some aftermarket grilles are labeled to fit both V6s and GTs, because they don't reuse the GT grille surround.

My bad! I'll delete so people don't get mixed up. I thought you needed a GT bumper.

2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 93 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Last Mod: Bama 93 Race Tune

IG: chaznungaray

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang