Can i use this grille? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Can i use this grille?

I currently have a 2014 Mustang V6 and i wanted to put this grille on my v6.

Ford Boss 302 Mustang Grille w/o Emblem - Unpainted DR3Z-8200-CB (13-14 GT, BOSS) - Free Shipping

If i buy the new surround will i be able to install it?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
asvpedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I believe so, but I would ask AM when ordering. That way if it doesn't you'll have no hassle returns.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
It will not fit unless you have the outer surround for it to mount in. The two together were just too much money when I went down this same path my friend. This is what I picked up which included the outer surround. 2013 Ford Mustang GT Boss 302 Upper Grille Surround Insert w Pony Emblem | eBay Got the grille deletes along with the pony emblem with the purchase also. Price was unbeatable for inner and outer surround at $335. I ended up getting some .25" garden wire and made the S type screens over the fog light mounts. If you make them on the back side you can still pop on and off the grille deletes. See pic. The other issue is the lower grille won't match the Boss type grill hexes. The 13'-14' GT grille matches. I picked up a new OEM unit off ebay for $100 last month. I just cruised and didn't see one right now but the lower grille (if you want the patterns to match) pops in place without having the remove the front bumper. You do have to remove the bumper cover to uninstall the stock unit though. I ran no lower grille for a few days while waiting for new part.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1012151735.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	193366   Click image for larger version

Name:	1012151736a.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	193367  

2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
It will not fit unless you have the outer surround for it to mount in. The two together were just too much money when I went down this same path my friend. This is what I picked up which included the outer surround. 2013 Ford Mustang GT Boss 302 Upper Grille Surround Insert w Pony Emblem | eBay Got the grille deletes along with the pony emblem with the purchase also. Price was unbeatable for inner and outer surround at $335. I ended up getting some .25" garden wire and made the S type screens over the fog light mounts. If you make them on the back side you can still pop on and off the grille deletes. See pic. The other issue is the lower grille won't match the Boss type grill hexes. The 13'-14' GT grille matches. I picked up a new OEM unit off ebay for $100 last month. I just cruised and didn't see one right now but the lower grille (if you want the patterns to match) pops in place without having the remove the front bumper. You do have to remove the bumper cover to uninstall the stock unit though. I ran no lower grille for a few days while waiting for new part.

Im trying to out some halo lights, will i be able to remove the fog deletes on this grille?

Old 11-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Yes. In the pic above, going from deletes in (first pic) to deletes out (second pic) only takes a small bladed screw driver to pop the cover off at the pry point. Notice at the 6 o'clock position the small rectangular area. You snap the covers on and off here. You just need the small screw driver to slide in to pop them off. When you want them back you just snap them back in place. The grille is supposed to be able to support regular GT fogs so I can't see why halos wouldn't work.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 11-07-2015, 06:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes. In the pic above, going from deletes in (first pic) to deletes out (second pic) only takes a small bladed screw driver to pop the cover off at the pry point. Notice at the 6 o'clock position the small rectangular area. You snap the covers on and off here. You just need the small screw driver to slide in to pop them off. When you want them back you just snap them back in place. The grille is supposed to be able to support regular GT fogs so I can't see why halos wouldn't work.

Ok, and if i wanted regular fog lights how can i plug them in? I have a v6 so i dont think i have the fog light wiring?

Old 11-07-2015, 06:47 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

If you have fogs now, it seems just some wire rerouting would do the trick (and upping the fuse). If you don't that's a whole other matter. Not a big deal but I'm found of OEM looking switches and the like.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:50 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Here's a kit that should work. 2013 Mustang Fog Light Wiring Switch Kit Includes Auto Headlamps Switch | eBay
Old 11-08-2015, 10:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So the surround that the boss 302 kit comes with will it fit the V6?

Old 11-08-2015, 10:24 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by asvpedwin View Post
So the surround that the boss 302 kit comes with will it fit the V6?

Yes. V6 bumper cover is no different from a v8 bumper cover. You just need that surround
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:29 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

+1 on Ox's remark and I bought and installed this exact same kit from the same seller and it worked perfectly.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #12

Region: Tennessee
I got an issue with the same grill, I have everything ready except the mounting brackets for the fog light, have you faced that problem ?

the part i need for my fog light is the mounting bracket which i didnt find anywhere, except ford. they said they only sell it with the fog light for $600
any heeeeeeeeeeelp plz?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_069000.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	193840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	193841  

q82u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:26 PM   #13
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Sorry q82. No center fogs here. I'm told they mount up; obviously with the addition of the brackets you need. 600 clams? Wow. My first stop on that kind of part if what you need is part of an all in one assembly would be an auto junk yard or perhaps you could manufacture something yourself?
Old 11-20-2015, 05:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
god the car just looks so much meaner with this boss 302 grille witht he deletes..why did you remove the deletes, for airflow? i think they look cool.

either way, good find. i'll bookmark that ebay page because i wasn't spending 400something on the two pieces...

why the hell is the grille surround, which is just a piece of plastic, 200 something dollars on CJ pony? why is this piece of plastic on ebay 335!?!?

either way, it's cheaper, and i def wanna get rid of my chrome accent on my front end, and since my plastidip endeavor failed, maybe i'll order this.

did you take your bumper off? i'd rather not. some people said they just masked the bumper off, pulled it out, and pushed the new one in.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:46 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Thanks Jayochs. The deletes can be popped in an out at will which is what makes it so cool. Yes, you will need to remove the bumper. It's really not that big of a deal, just a lot of pin fasteners. I'm sure you could mask the bumper and pull but the inner retainer clips are not very robust. You will run a high chance of breaking some stuff off. If you're replacing you're grille, who cares? but... if you ever want to go back you old parts may be trashed. Trust me... remove the bumper, you won't be sorry. (I'm not a mechanic friend - it's really no big deal.) Here's a link on how to remove the bumper and change grilles.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #16

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Sorry q82. No center fogs here. I'm told they mount up; obviously with the addition of the brackets you need. 600 clams? Wow. My first stop on that kind of part if what you need is part of an all in one assembly would be an auto junk yard or perhaps you could manufacture something yourself?
I found the fog light with the brackets in defferent state for $150, I will let you know when I installe them. They supposed to be here next Monday and the instillation shouldn't take that long since the already get all the wire setup.
q82u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
god the car just looks so much meaner with this boss 302 grille witht he deletes..why did you remove the deletes, for airflow? i think they look cool.

either way, good find. i'll bookmark that ebay page because i wasn't spending 400something on the two pieces...

why the hell is the grille surround, which is just a piece of plastic, 200 something dollars on CJ pony? why is this piece of plastic on ebay 335!?!?

either way, it's cheaper, and i def wanna get rid of my chrome accent on my front end, and since my plastidip endeavor failed, maybe i'll order this.

did you take your bumper off? i'd rather not. some people said they just masked the bumper off, pulled it out, and pushed the new one in.

I bought a GT Grille with the surround for $90 on craigslist and I didn't remove the bumper, just pull the grille out with equal force. It's a bit hard but It's worth not having to remove the bumper

Old 11-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bought a GT Grille with the surround for $90 on craigslist and I didn't remove the bumper, just pull the grille out with equal force. It's a bit hard but It's worth not having to remove the bumper

yeah that's exactly what i'm thinking of doing. damn, that's cheap. i should look for one lol

eh just looked. no GT grilles. maybe i'll just get this boss then.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 11-21-2015, 11:24 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah that's exactly what i'm thinking of doing. damn, that's cheap. i should look for one lol

eh just looked. no GT grilles. maybe i'll just get this boss then.

I would sell you my GT Grille since i found a guy selling a Boss Grille but idk how much shipping will be

Old 11-21-2015, 12:58 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would sell you my GT Grille since i found a guy selling a Boss Grille but idk how much shipping will be

hmm idk. i'm kinda really diggin the boss grille. thinking if i should spend the 300 on it or not...
Old 11-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

reading online, A LOT of people have problem wtih that seller..saying they're the worst customer service ever, they curse people out when it's their fault, and they're just ******** to begin with..they say hope you never have to return anything bc you'll be in for issues.

now idk if i want to
Old 11-21-2015, 01:36 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
reading online, A LOT of people have problem wtih that seller..saying they're the worst customer service ever, they curse people out when it's their fault, and they're just ******** to begin with..they say hope you never have to return anything bc you'll be in for issues.

now idk if i want to
Which seller?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #23
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

If it's the seller that I got my Boss grille from (link above) I had zero problems but then again, I didn't have to call them back as all was good originally. But... for the cost savings of a few hundred bucks, I'm willing to get a little frustrated.

As far as grille removal without removing the bumper; I think my take on it is once you see how flimsy the clips are inside the bumper you realized care is something well spent. Then again, you're replacing the entire assembly so unless you plan on returning to stock who cares?
Old 11-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

it's blue oval industries. they seem to have awful ratings on different forums, but their eBay seems fine. idk.

and yeah idk if i really wanna take the whole damn bumper off lol. I don't plan on going back to stock and i assume popping the new one in is easier than taking it off right?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Old 11-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #25
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
it's blue oval industries. they seem to have awful ratings on different forums, but their eBay seems fine. idk.

and yeah idk if i really wanna take the whole damn bumper off lol. I don't plan on going back to stock and i assume popping the new one in is easier than taking it off right?

I've taken mine off and on several times, painted my original grille, tried a few combinations of grille mounted fogs before I put in the Boss grille. First time I took it off (and I was nervous as the car was less than a month old) it too me about 30 minutes. I can have it off now in 10-15 minutes. If you watch the cj pony parts video you'll see how easy it is. BUT... before I took it off the first time, I tried to tape my bumper and pull the grille out. Granted I was going to paint it and put it back in but I was clearly in the realm of exerting "it's gonna break" force before I decided to pull the bumper.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

hmm i want this grille..idk if i want to spend 330 though...decisions decisions..

i also kinda want the boss hood stripe too lol
Old 11-21-2015, 03:21 PM   #27
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Would it be cheaper to get a GT grille and then buy the fog light delete inserts?
Old 11-21-2015, 03:27 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Would it be cheaper to get a GT grille and then buy the fog light delete inserts?
i can't find any GT grilles. plus i kinda like the tribar emblem. hmm
Old 11-21-2015, 03:47 PM   #29
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i can't find any GT grilles. plus i kinda like the tribar emblem. hmm

Ah, ok. Yeah, I agree with you on the tribar emblem.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:25 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Ah, ok. Yeah, I agree with you on the tribar emblem.

If you're ever interested in the GT Grille let me know, im selling mine for $100 without shipping, it will still end up being cheaper.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:32 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

but then how much are fog light deletes? and are the tabs in perfect shape? did you rip it out or remove the bumper?

Old 11-21-2015, 04:33 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

also, why were you asking if it'll fit or you'd need the surround for the boss grille? you have the gt grille which has the black surround already...

Old 11-21-2015, 05:22 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
also, why were you asking if it'll fit or you'd need the surround for the boss grille? you have the gt grille which has the black surround already...

I ended up buying a GT Grille with the surround for $90 on craigslist. But someone just posted a Boss Grille with Surround for $140 which is why im trying to sell the gt grille.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:30 PM   #34
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you're ever interested in the GT Grille let me know, im selling mine for $100 without shipping, it will still end up being cheaper.

I appreciate the offer man.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually prefer the V6 grille.

IG: The_Notorious_VIG_
Old 11-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I ended up buying a GT Grille with the surround for $90 on craigslist. But someone just posted a Boss Grille with Surround for $140 which is why im trying to sell the gt grille.

wtf!! why so cheap!? god damn.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang