MyColor Alternative? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
MyColor Alternative?

Sup fellas,

So as I have mentioned before, I have a bone stock 2012. So no MyColor :'(
My question is, are there any alternatives to it? I really would love to change the color on my gauges. I can probably go to a junk yard or look around online and get a new cluster but thats a lot of $$. I could get a new mod with the money for one of those lol. I want different colors!
So guys? Anyone know of anyway to change them?
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Well the 11-12 Premium clusters arent nearly as much as the 13-14s and give you mycolor on the gauges. You would need a ford vcm tool though to resync the keys. Or take it to your dealership.

2011 Mustang Speedometer Instrument Cluster 58K 3 7L 5 0L 6 Gauge Used ACS | eBay


That is just 1 example.

It only becomes more difficult if you are wanting the 13-14 Premium Cluster. Putting in an 11-12 Premium one is cake.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 01:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Well the 11-12 Premium clusters arent nearly as much as the 13-14s and give you mycolor on the gauges. You would need a ford vcm tool though to resync the keys. Or take it to your dealership.

2011 Mustang Speedometer Instrument Cluster 58K 3 7L 5 0L 6 Gauge Used ACS | eBay


That is just 1 example.

It only becomes more difficult if you are wanting the 13-14 Premium Cluster. Putting in an 11-12 Premium one is cake.
So maybe I should have done a bit more looking lmao. So i just have to re-sync the keys and thats it correct? What about my tune?
I work for a company that specializes in car keys. So I have the VCM II, Cardaq, and T-Code. So I can reprogram the keys no problem. What about the mileage? That would have to be done at a dealer correct?
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #4
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
So maybe I should have done a bit more looking lmao. So i just have to re-sync the keys and thats it correct? What about my tune?
I work for a company that specializes in car keys. So I have the VCM II, Cardaq, and T-Code. So I can reprogram the keys no problem. What about the mileage? That would have to be done at a dealer correct?
I am not too sure on the milage. They have alot more 11-12 Premium clusters on ebay so you might be able to find another closer to your mileage. Dont confuse the 11-12 with the 2010. As the RPMs and such are different (lower).

But yes, pretty much all you gotta do is resync keys. More is involved with the 13-14s due to the Track Apps and such. Which the 11-12 doesn't have.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Ok perfect man thanks! The fitment shows as not compatible with the 2012 but I guess thats just because they took it off an 11.
So the tune will be no problem. I dont have to return to stock then re-upload?
Also, how is the mycolor configured? I have the Info/Reset/ buttons next to the steering wheel but only cruise control on the wheel itself.
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
Ok perfect man thanks! The fitment shows as not compatible with the 2012 but I guess thats just because they took it off an 11.
So the tune will be no problem. I dont have to return to stock then re-upload?
Also, how is the mycolor configured? I have the Info/Reset/ buttons next to the steering wheel but only cruise control on the wheel itself.
That is fine. That is how the 11-12s are set up. Only the 13-14 has the directional button on the steering wheel. You will use those Info/Setup/Reset buttons to navigate the little menu on the cluster.

I would return to stock before swapping. Better safe then sorry. And if it can be helped, try to get a Premium Cluster from a V6 JUST to be safe. Since you won't be loading in AS Built codes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
That is fine. That is how the 11-12s are set up. Only the 13-14 has the directional button on the steering wheel. You will use those Info/Setup/Reset buttons to navigate the little menu on the cluster.

I would return to stock before swapping. Better safe then sorry. And if it can be helped, try to get a Premium Cluster from a V6 JUST to be safe. Since you won't be loading in AS Built codes.
Sorry for the stupid question but what is an AS Built Code?
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #8
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Not to sure myself. Just that it sets parameters on the car or cluster to enable features and such.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Bro thank you! You really cleared up this for me man thank you!
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:26 PM   #10
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
Bro thank you! You really cleared up this for me man thank you!
$20 per post of mine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 155
Well in that case... LATER! lolol
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 03:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
AngryTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Los angeles
Region: California
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
Bro thank you! You really cleared up this for me man thank you!
You're Welcome.
-Kevin.Cook
AngryTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 03:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
AngryTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Los angeles
Region: California
Posts: 179
I was thinking of getting a new cluster but I only wanted it for looks. So I went this route:
Gauge Mod

I added Halo rings to the gauges instead of Installing the new cluster. Was easier and cheaper for me personally.
AngryTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 03:52 PM   #14
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTech View Post
You're Welcome.
-Kevin.Cook
Haha. On point!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
AngryTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Los angeles
Region: California
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Haha. On point!
When Kevin forgets to be Kevin, the village steps in. LOL!
AngryTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #16
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Everyone stumbles at some point. Lol. But i appreciate you carrying on the torch.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bumper Plug Alternative au01st 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 85 04-17-2015 11:58 AM
Sound Tube Delete - Cheaper Alternative GranTurismo2010 2011-2014 Mustang GT 11 03-14-2015 05:15 PM
Billet Grille Alternative Fader 2005-2010 Mustang GT 2 09-10-2013 10:01 PM
EZ-Lip, cheap alternative to a real one righter86 2005-2010 Mustang GT 10 02-16-2012 06:58 PM
For all of you possibly needing C/C plates, but want a cheaper alternative Zim The Bar 9 04-05-2006 10:50 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:28 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.