This accounts for 99% of you out there. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
He was talking about the white one

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attachment 193590

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2015, 09:33 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I think the only "cheap" parts I bought for my car is the SVE Drift wheels, but they're good cheap wheels.
2013 v6, performance pack, mt82 manual, MGW Race Spec shifter, SVE Drifts 19x9.5, H&R Supersport springs, Koni yellows, BMR panhard bar, adjustable UCA and LCA, shorty antenna, GT500 strut mounts, black painted roof, Roush splitters all around, GT hood and fog lights.
Josh_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #38

What white one?!? Jk I was definitely talking bout Alrefire's!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Camboss123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camboss123 View Post
What white one?!? Jk I was definitely talking bout Alrefire's!

😎😎😎

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:48 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
That's sad
Old 11-16-2015, 06:59 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I love how you all will rip on someone for doing a mod to their car, even if it's not performance and it's cheap, but they like it. I'm not automotive inclined really, and i refuse to have other people do stuff to my car, so i do it myself. therefore I'm not going to sit and install f'ing headers by myself without any idea how to do it and potentially screw something up. I'd rather do small stuff first myself and eventually research and read and learn instead of just jumping into the deep end and inevitably screwing something up. bash all you want, idgaf, i'm the one driving my car daily, not you.. you're busy driving your high horse it seems! (this is a general statement to any ******* who feels a need to bash people for what they add on to their car)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:14 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I think it's all about what you want. If you think AB yield any gains other than exhaust tones, then you have a problem. If you think a CAI is a whole lot more than eye candy under the hood, then you have a probably. I can keep going, but you get what I'm saying. It's all about what makes you happy.

With that being said, if these brakes fall apart that I got off eBay. Then, @Kevin.cook got some splannin to do lol

Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:55 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
I love how you all will rip on someone for doing a mod to their car, even if it's not performance and it's cheap, but they like it. I'm not automotive inclined really, and i refuse to have other people do stuff to my car, so i do it myself. therefore I'm not going to sit and install f'ing headers by myself without any idea how to do it and potentially screw something up. I'd rather do small stuff first myself and eventually research and read and learn instead of just jumping into the deep end and inevitably screwing something up. bash all you want, idgaf, i'm the one driving my car daily, not you.. you're busy driving your high horse it seems! (this is a general statement to any ******* who feels a need to bash people for what they add on to their car)

The key thing is understanding the difference between being cheap, and buying cheap parts.

Lets say you're in the market for some 18 x 10 rims. You can buy the 18 x 10 SVE drifts for $150 each... not bad. Or the Forgestars for $350 each. Well, the Forgestars are 5 lbs lighter a rim, so they offer that, but there's a $200 difference... in this case, both parts equally (so to speak) function, its just up to you to decide what to spend.

However, if you're rocking a set of $400 coilovers because you just want to slam your car but don't want to spend the money properly, then you should expect people to have something to say about that.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #44
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
There's a simple equation I learned when modding a car.

Your options are: cheap/fast/reliable. You can only pick 2.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:11 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
The key thing is understanding the difference between being cheap, and buying cheap parts.

Lets say you're in the market for some 18 x 10 rims. You can buy the 18 x 10 SVE drifts for $150 each... not bad. Or the Forgestars for $350 each. Well, the Forgestars are 5 lbs lighter a rim, so they offer that, but there's a $200 difference... in this case, both parts equally (so to speak) function, its just up to you to decide what to spend.

However, if you're rocking a set of $400 coilovers because you just want to slam your car but don't want to spend the money properly, then you should expect people to have something to say about that.
I hear you. I'm not in the market for going for performance honestly, so I'm not going to bother with tunes or gears or any of that. I bought a v6, and this stock v6 is quick enough for me. if i had a 5.0, it's a different story. my future plans are once this car is paid off, around 2017 or so to look at the new generation 5.0s. but until then, I enjoy my v6.

right now I'm looking to add the boss 302 grille. no performance difference, but it looks much meaner, and i like that. yet it costs like 330 dollars for a piece of plastic... oy!

MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 11-22-2015, 11:02 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hear you. I'm not in the market for going for performance honestly, so I'm not going to bother with tunes or gears or any of that. I bought a v6, and this stock v6 is quick enough for me. if i had a 5.0, it's a different story. my future plans are once this car is paid off, around 2017 or so to look at the new generation 5.0s. but until then, I enjoy my v6.

right now I'm looking to add the boss 302 grille. no performance difference, but it looks much meaner, and i like that. yet it costs like 330 dollars for a piece of plastic... oy!

Actually I went out to get the V6 with the Performance Package, it has better balance over the V8, more HP stock than almost any other car or truck I have owned in the last 37 years and I don't live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.
I have a tuner on it to optimize the performance it has, 3.31 gears seem to work out well in the mountains with the manual and Ford finally matched the upper and lower grilles in the MCoA package in the 2013-14 so it already looked good from the factory.
All the performance mods I have put on help out the V6 where it needed it, in the lower to mid range
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:07 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
Actually I went out to get the V6 with the Performance Package, it has better balance over the V8, more HP stock than almost any other car or truck I have owned in the last 37 years and I don't live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.
I have a tuner on it to optimize the performance it has, 3.31 gears seem to work out well in the mountains with the manual and Ford finally matched the upper and lower grilles in the MCoA package in the 2013-14 so it already looked good from the factory.
All the performance mods I have put on help out the V6 where it needed it, in the lower to mid range
which hey, that sounds great, and i wish i had a perf package and all of that...but i was lucky enough to get my car used with only 6k miles on it (it's a 2014 and I got it in April 2014, but the guy before me had it since May of '13) and i got a good price on it. i was happy enough that it was the premium, not the base lol
Old 11-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
which hey, that sounds great, and i wish i had a perf package and all of that...but i was lucky enough to get my car used with only 6k miles on it (it's a 2014 and I got it in April 2014, but the guy before me had it since May of '13) and i got a good price on it. i was happy enough that it was the premium, not the base lol
It was just the "it were a 5.0 I would do this", the V6 is more car than most of us had in the 70's when I started to drive. My first car was a 1972 Ranchero GT with a 172 HP 400 in it.
I have had an 8 second car and cars I have spent a lot more in parts than what I paid for the Mustang to make handle in the turns, I have the best of both worlds with my little V6
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:23 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

you're right. it's pretty funny when we look back at like a 69 boss 302 and see it made like less than 300hp haha. they have the torque and the sound, though!

i don't really want to put too much money into this car is what I'm saying.. performance wise. I want to save that for when I get a 5.0 which are my plans for a few years from now.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid.../13/Horsepower

Interesting read about just that Jayochs

natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

pretty crazy. aka, todays boss 302 murders the 69-70 boss 302 lol
Old 11-22-2015, 07:19 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
pretty crazy. aka, todays boss 302 murders the 69-70 boss 302 lol
Today's base model murders the 69-70 Boss 302, but given the choice...hands down the 1970.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

agreed. I just got the new need for speed on ps4, and they must have a licensing deal with Ford bc there's a 65, 70 boss 302, a 90 fox body and a 15 gt. I love the 70 boss. it's so beefy. haha

Old 11-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

That game is 35 dollars on Xbox one

Old 11-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

if you like mustangs, get it! haha

Old 11-22-2015, 08:26 PM   #56
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Get forza 6 too. It's got a lot of mustangs in it. Plus we can kick some *** in that game!

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

haha yeah forza is the only game I'd ever actually consider an Xbox for.. other than that, I wouldn't be caught dead buying one lol

Old 11-22-2015, 08:36 PM   #58
Registered Member

Regular

This accounts for 99% of you out there.

Im in the same scenario with gran turismo. Being EA and Porsche are together. It's hard to get Porsche in forza, pisses me off. But hey what can you do. Plus my PS3 pissed me off so bad; I'll never buy another playstation.

Pick your poison.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:48 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

you try the crew? they recently did am update that made the graphics much better. the handling still isn't great, but it's very tweakable. I've got a 13 gt500, 67 gt500 and a 15 gt in it, and they're all awesome haha. also just bought a 67 impala ss lol such a boat. love it.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:53 PM   #60
Registered Member

Regular

Tried it and not really a fan, sorry. Hey watch it with the Impala jokes. It's not a boat it's a land barge; trust me I know. They drive very nice too.

Pick your poison.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
How's the need for speed game? I wanted to get it but it got bad reviews. I saw that it was $35 on Xbox thought about buying it.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:27 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Where did you see it for 35$ on Xbox one?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Where did you see it for 35$ on Xbox one?

In the deals with gold section. At your home screen go to the box that says gold and you'll find it in there.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Just saw it there. I'll be making a purchase tonight. 😀😀
Thanks.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:28 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Let me know if it's worth getting, I want to get it before the deal runs out if it's good. Keep in mind I like forza, the crew and past need for speeds. Only thing that stopped me from getting it was all the negative reviews.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:21 PM   #66
Registered Member

Regular

That deal should stick around through cyber Monday I would imagine.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:11 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
haha yeah forza is the only game I'd ever actually consider an Xbox for.. other than that, I wouldn't be caught dead buying one lol
Forza is only for Xbox?
Old 11-23-2015, 12:31 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

yep only Xbox. also guys, I didn't realize how bad the reviews were for nfs until after I got it and loved every second of it. I got into the beta and loved it then too. yeah the acting is horrible and cheesy and so bro'ey and cliche it's disgusting (everytime the crew sees eachother they fist bump... rolls eyes.) but the actual game play is great. the graphics are awesome too!

Old 11-23-2015, 05:20 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've only played a couple of hours in NFS, it's not a bad game.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:29 AM   #70
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
so which is the better performance upgrade ($ per HP)...a CAI, AB's or an Xbox game?

poor impulse control. . . . . .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang