CAI question (Steeda) and AM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-20-2015, 08:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
CAI question (Steeda) and AM

So I was trying to get our 6% on the V6 Steeda CAI but the promo doesnt apply :/ Would it be worth spending the almost $400 for it? Im really in it for the torque. I prefer that over HP. I always think torque wins the race.
Or should i just get the Airraid CAI?

I have a BAMA tuner so I'd be getting the tune regardless of which i choose.

Thanks!
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Either way I would wait a week and try and see if these products have black friday or cyber monday deals. Prices then might help you make your decision

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
45thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:43 AM   #3
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
So I was trying to get our 6% on the V6 Steeda CAI but the promo doesnt apply :/ Would it be worth spending the almost $400 for it? Im really in it for the torque. I prefer that over HP. I always think torque wins the race.
Or should i just get the Airraid CAI?

I have a BAMA tuner so I'd be getting the tune regardless of which i choose.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thMustang View Post
Either way I would wait a week and try and see if these products have black friday or cyber monday deals. Prices then might help you make your decision
Martinez - I too might suggest holding out until Black Friday or Cyber Monday to see what's going to be listed! No need to jump the gun before the biggest deals of the year!

Let me know if you have any other questions as always.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2015, 09:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah im a pretty impatient one. lol
But ok! Im going to wait until black friday. Do we get to see the deals before hand or do we go on the website the day of and see whats on sale?

Also, Steeda vs Airraid? Im thinking Steeda to be honest because I have had people tell me that since a tune really is required for it, it will be giving more of a performance boost.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #5
Kevin.Cook

Martinez - If I HAD to buy another CAI kit, I would definitely get the Steeda one. Bigger tubing coupled with the correct tune sounds like it could lead to some higher peak numbers. I had the Airaid and didn't feel any difference. Mainly just sound and eye candy.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:02 AM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
You can PM tjsteeda and he can hook you up with a forum discount for Steeda direct. It is a 5% discount. I love AM, but when I bought all my Steeda stuff (which was ALL my suspension) I ordered straight from them. You will get free shipping over 100 bucks. So usually that's the best deal.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #7
Kevin.Cook

I always wanted the Steeda CAI but never got around to getting it. So I am surprised the AM code doesn't work on Steeda stuff.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:13 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
You do realize there is no performance gain from a CAI right? All the power gained is in the tune. CAI is for looks and the sound and that's it.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:32 AM   #9
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
You do realize there is no performance gain from a CAI right? All the power gained is in the tune. CAI is for looks and the sound and that's it.
Never hurts to dream!
Old 11-20-2015, 10:46 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Never hurts to dream!
So then no performance gain with the CAI itself. Better off to just buy the cheaper one and get the tune
Old 11-20-2015, 11:23 AM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I always wanted the Steeda CAI but never got around to getting it. So I am surprised the AM code doesn't work on Steeda stuff.

Steeda does not allow AM to discount their products. Only Steeda can do that. But Steeda has the same level of customer service that AM does.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
So then no performance gain with the CAI itself. Better off to just buy the cheaper one and get the tune
The stock unit is great design and quality. Realistically if you get a really cheap CAI you will likely lose power. I believe what he meant was to keep the stock unit and get an aftermarket tune.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

With the combination of the Steeda CAI & Steeda tune ... you will see great gains & an improvement in drivability - since we make both the CAI & tune, we feel our combo is one of the best combos on the market!

Here are some reviews of the the Steeda CAI:

Quote:
IT WORKS SO WELL
Steeda def does their research and stands behind their products.

PROVEN PERFORMANCE
Amazing gains, super happy with my Steeda purchase!

REAL PERFORMANCE GAINS
I was having a tough time deciding which CAI to buy for my car. Finally I decided on the Steeda because it was the only one that required a tune, and used the existing air vent. It was pretty easy to install, and I knew as soon as started the car I was making the right choice. My wife was in the car when I started it for the first time after installation, and we just looked at each other like- WOW! It sounded deeper and more powerful. We took it out for a ride and were very pleasantly surprised at the performance improvement.

2013 V6 MUSTANG COLD AIR INTAKE
This Cold Air Intake with the Steeda Custom Tunes are great. It really opened up the 2013 3.7L Mustang. We live at 7000ft and Steeda generated a custom tune for our altitude. Thanks Much

2011 V6 MUSTANG INTAKE
I just got done installing and tunning this CAI on my car. As soon as I turned my car on I felt a major difference, it changed the sound and feel of the car. If you are stuck between all these different intakes companies are making, order the Steeda.
- See more at: Steeda 2011-14 V6 Mustang Cold Air Intake - Made in the USA 555-3159 | Free Shipping!
Here to help if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #14
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
With the combination of the Steeda CAI & Steeda tune ... you will see great gains & an improvement in drivability - since we make both the CAI & tune, we feel our combo is one of the best combos on the market!

Here are some reviews of the the Steeda CAI:

Here to help if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

TJ

Dang Tj, you got the late shift huh?
Old 11-20-2015, 09:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

The boards never sleep - always trying to contribute when I can!

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 11-21-2015, 01:35 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I will just say this. The level of customer service that I have received from Steeda has been above and beyond. My full schedule and unique needs (and I do literally mean one of a kind) have made me a difficult customer, but they have always come through for me.

Their product has served my needs on course for the last two and a half years of very successful competition.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:29 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have a Steeda CAI and love it, but don't let the money burn a whole in your pocket. I always see someone selling their and like for myself, it was a pretty good value at $250

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:35 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
We need to setup a customer service contest between Alex and TJ. That would be a battle of the ages.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:27 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Alex would win. Steeda is to sure that the products they made hung the moon.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:00 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I'd wait to see what steeda does for black Friday or cyber Monday. Not uncommon for them to do a 15-20% off steeda products sale.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:06 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

All I can say is ... a company shouldn't be in business if they are making products that aren't as good as the competition - we feel & have proven that our products are!

That is why our parts are designed, engineered, manufactured & tested (both on & off the track) right here in the U.S.A.

And yes, we are vocal about our parts & stand behind them 100% - trying to put the customer's mind at ease, that when they purchase a product from Steeda, they are getting the satisfaction of purchasing a high quality part that is made under strict ISO 9001-2008 standards, that won't cause them problems.

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 11-21-2015, 09:59 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
All I can say is ... a company shouldn't be in business if they are making products that aren't as good as the competition - we feel & have proven that our products are!

That is why our parts are designed, engineered, manufactured & tested (both on & off the track) right here in the U.S.A.

And yes, we are vocal about our parts & stand behind them 100% - trying to put the customer's mind at ease, that when they purchase a product from Steeda, they are getting the satisfaction of purchasing a high quality part that is made under strict ISO 9001-2008 standards, that won't cause them problems.

Best Regards,

TJ
QUESTION...Why isn't the Steeda CAI for the V6 offered with an optional insert so as to allow its use without a tune? Similar to the units sold for the GT's and the '15-'16 models.
Name:   555-3190(2).jpg
Views: 112
Size:  2.8 KB
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:45 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
QUESTION...Why isn't the Steeda CAI for the V6 offered with an optional insert so as to allow its use without a tune? Similar to the units sold for the GT's and the '15-'16 models.
When we did our initial research we found that the demand wasn't there for the V6 market - they wanted the CAI with the tune.

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 11-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Not to mention CAI without a tune is about as useless as tits on a bull.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:00 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
If you want torque, ditch the CAI idea as it will net you minor gains and get some gears. It will not increase your torque or hp but will give you that low end grunt you are looking for. 3.55s or 3.73s are the perfect gear IMO for these 3.7s. Best mod I've done so far and I have a pretty long sig..

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai