Just moved to Nashville, TN - Looking for a new shop - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Question Just moved to Nashville, TN - Looking for a new shop

I just moved to the Nashville, TN area a couple months ago from PA and I'm looking for a new shop that will help me with mods in the future. I've done some searches both on these forums and Google of course, but some of the stuff I was finding was 10+ years old (unless I overlooked something). I have written down a couple that I'm going to call/visit, but I'd figure I'd ask the forums as well.

Does anyone know of any good shops in the Nashville, TN area? A 1 stop shop for everything from appearance to performance would be ideal of course, but I'm open to anything at this point.
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
me, me, I can do it!
I live about 2 hrs south haha
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Just moved to Nashville, TN - Looking for a new shop

I've heard good things from Belk performance. No personal experience, mod wise. But word of mouth travels, you know.
I've talked to them about some parts they have. They are also a mustang salvage yard. They have tons of parts.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
I just moved to the Nashville, TN area a couple months ago from PA and I'm looking for a new shop that will help me with mods in the future. I've done some searches both on these forums and Google of course, but some of the stuff I was finding was 10+ years old (unless I overlooked something). I have written down a couple that I'm going to call/visit, but I'd figure I'd ask the forums as well.

Does anyone know of any good shops in the Nashville, TN area? A 1 stop shop for everything from appearance to performance would be ideal of course, but I'm open to anything at this point.

YOUR A BAD, BAD OWNER!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

YOUR A BAD, BAD OWNER!
I know of a good shop in East Tennessee, my garage. It sort of follows me around
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I don't think it will be too hard to find a good mustang guy there.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:47 AM   #7
Kevin.Cook

I would think if you can't find a shop, for a 2 hour drive you can trust Mr. Alrefire. Seeing as that guy has done almost everything to his car. LOL. Probably even has a few spare engines laying around at this point.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:09 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

YOUR A BAD, BAD OWNER!
I know I know, my mustang isn't happy with me at the moment, but I i figure by the time spring comes around I will have found a shop and the parts I horded in the winter and put on in the spring will make up for it haha.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I would think if you can't find a shop, for a 2 hour drive you can trust Mr. Alrefire. Seeing as that guy has done almost everything to his car. LOL. Probably even has a few spare engines laying around at this point.
You mean I have to drive 2 hours in a car I have loved more than any other just to get any mods done correctly?????

The struggle is real
Old 11-24-2015, 09:18 AM   #10
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
You mean I have to drive 2 hours in a car I have loved more than any other just to get any mods done correctly?????

The struggle is real
To be honest, I WISH I had that luxury. As all of the performance shops in Austin stink! For cosmetics, I hit up Annihilator Customs in Austin, TX. But performance wise, don't even bother calling around here.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
To be honest, I WISH I had that luxury. As all of the performance shops in Austin stink! For cosmetics, I hit up Annihilator Customs in Austin, TX. But performance wise, don't even bother calling around here.
Really? That's disappointing, I figured virtually anywhere Texas would have some great shops, especially a major city like Austin.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #12
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Really? That's disappointing, I figured virtually anywhere Texas would have some great shops, especially a major city like Austin.
Not only does Austin live by "Keep Austin Weird", so does the quality of work at performance shops. Lol
Old 11-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not only does Austin live by "Keep Austin Weird", so does the quality of work at performance shops. Lol
Lol, that's kind of scary.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #14
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Lol, that's kind of scary.
Indeed. But at least you have fellow ME members who are not crazy far that are willing to help.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I've heard good things from Belk performance. No personal experience, mod wise. But word of mouth travels, you know.
I've talked to them about some parts they have. They are also a mustang salvage yard. They have tons of parts.

Pick your poison.
Did you mean Delk performance? If so I wrote them down as one I was going to go visit. I think the next round of spring mods will be mostly cosmetic this time.

Right now I'm thinking SHR quarter window louvers, 35% tint, Cervini GT500 upper and lower grille, and getting my decklid painted, that piano black gets dirty way too fast.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:06 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Indeed. But at least you have fellow ME members who are not crazy far that are willing to help.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Did you mean Delk performance? If so I wrote them down as one I was going to go visit. I think the next round of spring mods will be mostly cosmetic this time.

Right now I'm thinking SHR quarter window louvers, 35% tint, Cervini GT500 upper and lower grille, and getting my decklid painted, that piano black gets dirty way too fast.

Yes, sorry, stupid auto correct. They also have a dyno. And a very good size salvage yard. They have an eBay account with listings; as far as I can tell everything is priced reasonably. I've talked to one of the tuning reps and he was very polite and knowledgable on mods and tuning. Hope it works out for you.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #18

There is a local Mustang club in Nashville called Music City Mustangs.
www.musiccitymustangclub.org
I am sure someone there can help.
Welcome to Middle Tennessee.
TN14GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang