Just moved to Nashville, TN - Looking for a new shop - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
StormTrooperV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Franklin
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 346
Question Just moved to Nashville, TN - Looking for a new shop

I just moved to the Nashville, TN area a couple months ago from PA and I'm looking for a new shop that will help me with mods in the future. I've done some searches both on these forums and Google of course, but some of the stuff I was finding was 10+ years old (unless I overlooked something). I have written down a couple that I'm going to call/visit, but I'd figure I'd ask the forums as well.

Does anyone know of any good shops in the Nashville, TN area? A 1 stop shop for everything from appearance to performance would be ideal of course, but I'm open to anything at this point.
__________________
2014 GT Auto - Black
StormTrooperV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
me, me, I can do it!
I live about 2 hrs south haha
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
Just moved to Nashville, TN - Looking for a new shop

I've heard good things from Belk performance. No personal experience, mod wise. But word of mouth travels, you know.
I've talked to them about some parts they have. They are also a mustang salvage yard. They have tons of parts.

Pick your poison.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
I just moved to the Nashville, TN area a couple months ago from PA and I'm looking for a new shop that will help me with mods in the future. I've done some searches both on these forums and Google of course, but some of the stuff I was finding was 10+ years old (unless I overlooked something). I have written down a couple that I'm going to call/visit, but I'd figure I'd ask the forums as well.

Does anyone know of any good shops in the Nashville, TN area? A 1 stop shop for everything from appearance to performance would be ideal of course, but I'm open to anything at this point.
____________________
You mean you moved before finding out what type of businesses could support your Mustang?

YOUR A BAD, BAD OWNER!
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
____________________
You mean you moved before finding out what type of businesses could support your Mustang?

YOUR A BAD, BAD OWNER!
I know of a good shop in East Tennessee, my garage. It sort of follows me around
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
I don't think it will be too hard to find a good mustang guy there.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:47 AM   #7
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I would think if you can't find a shop, for a 2 hour drive you can trust Mr. Alrefire. Seeing as that guy has done almost everything to his car. LOL. Probably even has a few spare engines laying around at this point.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:09 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
StormTrooperV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Franklin
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
____________________
You mean you moved before finding out what type of businesses could support your Mustang?

YOUR A BAD, BAD OWNER!
I know I know, my mustang isn't happy with me at the moment, but I i figure by the time spring comes around I will have found a shop and the parts I horded in the winter and put on in the spring will make up for it haha.
__________________
2014 GT Auto - Black
StormTrooperV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
StormTrooperV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Franklin
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I would think if you can't find a shop, for a 2 hour drive you can trust Mr. Alrefire. Seeing as that guy has done almost everything to his car. LOL. Probably even has a few spare engines laying around at this point.
You mean I have to drive 2 hours in a car I have loved more than any other just to get any mods done correctly?????

The struggle is real
__________________
2014 GT Auto - Black
StormTrooperV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:18 AM   #10
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
You mean I have to drive 2 hours in a car I have loved more than any other just to get any mods done correctly?????

The struggle is real
To be honest, I WISH I had that luxury. As all of the performance shops in Austin stink! For cosmetics, I hit up Annihilator Customs in Austin, TX. But performance wise, don't even bother calling around here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
StormTrooperV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Franklin
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
To be honest, I WISH I had that luxury. As all of the performance shops in Austin stink! For cosmetics, I hit up Annihilator Customs in Austin, TX. But performance wise, don't even bother calling around here.
Really? That's disappointing, I figured virtually anywhere Texas would have some great shops, especially a major city like Austin.
__________________
2014 GT Auto - Black
StormTrooperV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #12
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
Really? That's disappointing, I figured virtually anywhere Texas would have some great shops, especially a major city like Austin.
Not only does Austin live by "Keep Austin Weird", so does the quality of work at performance shops. Lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
StormTrooperV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Franklin
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Not only does Austin live by "Keep Austin Weird", so does the quality of work at performance shops. Lol
Lol, that's kind of scary.
__________________
2014 GT Auto - Black
StormTrooperV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #14
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
Lol, that's kind of scary.
Indeed. But at least you have fellow ME members who are not crazy far that are willing to help.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
StormTrooperV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Franklin
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
I've heard good things from Belk performance. No personal experience, mod wise. But word of mouth travels, you know.
I've talked to them about some parts they have. They are also a mustang salvage yard. They have tons of parts.

Pick your poison.
Did you mean Delk performance? If so I wrote them down as one I was going to go visit. I think the next round of spring mods will be mostly cosmetic this time.

Right now I'm thinking SHR quarter window louvers, 35% tint, Cervini GT500 upper and lower grille, and getting my decklid painted, that piano black gets dirty way too fast.
__________________
2014 GT Auto - Black
StormTrooperV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:06 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
StormTrooperV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Franklin
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Indeed. But at least you have fellow ME members who are not crazy far that are willing to help.
__________________
2014 GT Auto - Black
StormTrooperV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
Did you mean Delk performance? If so I wrote them down as one I was going to go visit. I think the next round of spring mods will be mostly cosmetic this time.



Right now I'm thinking SHR quarter window louvers, 35% tint, Cervini GT500 upper and lower grille, and getting my decklid painted, that piano black gets dirty way too fast.

Yes, sorry, stupid auto correct. They also have a dyno. And a very good size salvage yard. They have an eBay account with listings; as far as I can tell everything is priced reasonably. I've talked to one of the tuning reps and he was very polite and knowledgable on mods and tuning. Hope it works out for you.


Pick your poison.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #18
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Middle Tennessee
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 2
There is a local Mustang club in Nashville called Music City Mustangs.
www.musiccitymustangclub.org
I am sure someone there can help.
Welcome to Middle Tennessee.
TN14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi....just moved from England to Virginia and bought my first Mustang! kempy73 New Member Introductions & Greetings 5 01-04-2015 12:07 PM
Looking for good body shop or restoration shop Mercedez L. Regional Mustang Discussion 16 11-25-2008 05:01 PM
nashville area... dark Regional Mustang Discussion 5 06-14-2005 08:51 PM
near nashville tn dark Regional Mustang Discussion 11 05-22-2005 05:41 AM
June 10th Nashville SrATEX Regional Mustang Discussion 7 05-10-2005 07:25 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:25 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.