Lpf turbo kit for 3.7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-29-2015, 12:01 AM   #1

Region: Florida
Lpf turbo kit for 3.7

Thinking about getting this kit, I have a manual 2014 v6 what mods should I get before the kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Charlie.1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 12:23 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Calling Alrefire lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:31 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Don't get it lol!

Kingkong
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 01:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
yea.... I don't recommend it. LOL

3 90* turns make the turbo spool super slowly. the O2 sensors are placed in really bad locations. Passenger is in the stock location and the driver's one is in the downpipe. It will be almost impossible to get the fuel trims correctly.
To put it simply, they just made a turbo fit. It's almost like they didn't bother with getting the kit to flow properly. Kokaine (the white one) ran a 60ft of 2.0. If you look at any videos of the car, it doesn't look like it's having any traction issues, there's just a lot of lag.
Also, I've got nothing against Connor, but if he claims to have 1000hp, he should be well into the 9s, pushing on 8s. But you'll notice every time he breaks a record, he claims to have been on "low boost" or having some kind of issue.

In addition to that, unless you're within driving distance of them, i'd forget about it based on business dealings alone. It took me 8 months (after being out 5600) to receive my kit, and another guy in Florida 6 months (after being out 6250) to receive his (he only recently got his kit working).

here's my review from their page...
Now for the review of my dealings with lpf....

I am the guy who purchased their first production kit for the 3.7L v6 mustang.

Originally I felt like I was getting a good deal.
Now that I've taken a step back and actually assessed my situation, I realized that I saved 200 bucks, and waited 10 months (while being out 5600) to receive a kit that was meh to begin with.
The coating was flaked off when I received it. I never received my heat blanket. They sent me id850s when I paid for id1000s, they never sent the air filter. To make it worse, they didn't even attempt to follow up with ups after their ****ty shipped box came open and was missing half my stuff. I paid 20 bucks for them to supply the missing parts (which I shouldn't have paid).
On top of that, I got excuse after excuse. They never answered or returned my calls. And ignored my messages for months.

I'd highly recommend contacting JMPerformance ( https://www.facebook.com/jmpturbo/?fref=ts ) for getting their twin turbo kit, or buying my incomplete JMP single turbo kit w/tubular manifolds

the reason I recommend JMP is because the quality is top notch. Having had both kits in hand, I can quite easily tell which one is superior. First and foremost, the welds on the lpf kit were extremely sloppy. The LPF kit used a million couplers and cheap On3 wastegates along with poorly placed O2 sensors. The JMP kits use real Tial wastegates with minimal couplers. The O2 sensors are placed in the correct locations.

The JMP single kit I am selling uses tubular manifolds as well

If you don't want to use JMP, i'd recommend contacting Bomber for their turbo kit. Their kit is similar to the LPF turbo kit, but they don't use a pass-through log manifold, and the O2 sensors are both in the stock positions.

Link to my FB Page with FS Post for my single kit: https://www.facebook.com/Boss227/posts/1649479915324941

Link to LPF reviews, you'll know which one is mine... (which includes Justin's responses so that you can see just what kind of businessman he is): https://www.facebook.com/LPF-Limitle...31269/reviews/
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:56 AM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

3 90* turns make the turbo spool super slowly. the O2 sensors are placed in really bad locations. Passenger is in the stock location and the driver's one is in the downpipe. It will be almost impossible to get the fuel trims correctly.
To put it simply, they just made a turbo fit. It's almost like they didn't bother with getting the kit to flow properly. Kokaine (the white one) ran a 60ft of 2.0. If you look at any videos of the car, it doesn't look like it's having any traction issues, there's just a lot of lag.
Also, I've got nothing against Connor, but if he claims to have 1000hp, he should be well into the 9s, pushing on 8s. But you'll notice every time he breaks a record, he claims to have been on "low boost" or having some kind of issue.

In addition to that, unless you're within driving distance of them, i'd forget about it based on business dealings alone. It took me 8 months (after being out 5600) to receive my kit, and another guy in Florida 6 months (after being out 6250) to receive his (he only recently got his kit working).

Now that I've taken a step back and actually assessed my situation, I realized that I saved 200 bucks, and waited 10 months (while being out 5600) to receive a kit that was meh to begin with.
The coating was flaked off when I received it. I never received my heat blanket. They sent me id850s when I paid for id1000s, they never sent the air filter. To make it worse, they didn't even attempt to follow up with ups after their ****ty shipped box came open and was missing half my stuff. I paid 20 bucks for them to supply the missing parts (which I shouldn't have paid).
On top of that, I got excuse after excuse. They never answered or returned my calls. And ignored my messages for months.

I'd highly recommend contacting JMPerformance ( https://www.facebook.com/jmpturbo/?fref=ts ) for getting their twin turbo kit, or buying my incomplete JMP single turbo kit w/tubular manifolds

the reason I recommend JMP is because the quality is top notch. Having had both kits in hand, I can quite easily tell which one is superior. First and foremost, the welds on the lpf kit were extremely sloppy. The LPF kit used a million couplers and cheap On3 wastegates along with poorly placed O2 sensors. The JMP kits use real Tial wastegates with minimal couplers. The O2 sensors are placed in the correct locations.

If you don't want to use JMP, i'd recommend contacting Bomber for their turbo kit. Their kit is similar to the LPF turbo kit, but they don't use a pass-through log manifold, and the O2 sensors are both in the stock positions.

Link to my FB Page with FS Post for my single kit: https://www.facebook.com/Boss227/posts/1649479915324941

Link to LPF reviews, you'll know which one is mine... (which includes Justin's responses so that you can see just what kind of businessman he is): https://www.facebook.com/LPF-Limitle...31269/reviews/

Savage

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:29 AM   #6

Quote:

So why are you selling your jmp kit if you don't mind me asking, and should I just go for a procharger kit, I know it won't make as much power but it seems more reliable

Old 11-29-2015, 09:41 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
There is no such thing as reliability when you start boosting a N/A car. Even the Procharger is known to have some fitment and tuning issues. Just my .02 but I've been there 4 different times with a few different cars and it's just not worth the headach, but the amount you learn from it is quite a bit. Can you just throw a kit on and beat C7 Vettes? No... well maybe, but you will never get the reliability as you would keeping it model with bolt ons. The worst part is you end up like a Lion after its taken down a man, once you get the taste you don't want anything else. Boost is just as if no more addictive than coca ine
Old 11-29-2015, 09:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
There is no such thing as reliability when you start boosting a N/A car. Even the Procharger is known to have some fitment and tuning issues. Just my .02 but I've been there 4 different times with a few different cars and it's just not worth the headach, but the amount you learn from it is quite a bit. Can you just throw a kit on and beat C7 Vettes? No... well maybe, but you will never get the reliability as you would keeping it model with bolt ons. The worst part is you end up like a Lion after its taken down a man, once you get the taste you don't want anything else. Boost is just as if no more addictive than coca ine

I'm eager to experience it😂😂, I can't find the jmp kit with price and everything. And second what mods should I get before the kit?

Old 11-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie.1997 View Post
So why are you selling your jmp kit if you don't mind me asking, and should I just go for a procharger kit, I know it won't make as much power but it seems more reliable

Alrefire is upgrading to the twin turbo kit as am I.

Kingkong
Old 11-29-2015, 10:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

You have to call the number on their website, go to jmpturbo.com

Kingkong
Old 11-29-2015, 10:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
Alrefire is upgrading to the twin turbo kit as am I.

Kingkong

Do you know any links for pricing, where you can buy the kit, and also maybe a vid on the dyno

Old 11-29-2015, 10:03 AM   #12

Thanks for the info! Also what mods should I get before the kit to help

Old 11-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Best to message jm performance on facebook
Price for tt kit is 6750 w/precision turbos or 6250 w/local built turbos

Can follow on IG for pics
@alrefire - I don't think my version of TT is for sale. It has tubular headers and a larger intercooler (bc I've got a built motor)

@sleeper_6er - Jordan Cortina with the stealth kit
@3.7_thor is eric eskobar with the engine mounted tt kit

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-29-2015, 01:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

As far as mods, 1 pc driveshaft, at least lcas, good wheels/tires

Old 11-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have the engine mount kit from jmp and can say it performs great!! I've had the kit on my car for a month and so far no problems. The car is a blast to drive

Jack from jm performance is really helpful. Always there when I have a question or concern about the car.

Here is my car
Like alrefire said, you can go to my Instagram to see more pictures and the dyno video
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1448846563.708417.jpg
Views:	2424
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	194139

Ig: 3.7_THOR

2011 3.7 mustang
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #16

That looks awesome!!

Old 11-30-2015, 09:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie.1997 View Post

I'm selling my JMP single kit because I'm going twins
Old 12-01-2015, 12:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
I'm selling my JMP single kit because I'm going twins
How did you like their turbo setup? Also, is there any other reason you're going twin besides more power?

I plan on going turbo / twin turbo eventually, but that'll be after my mustang is no longer my daily driver.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:57 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
How did you like their turbo setup? Also, is there any other reason you're going twin besides more power?

I plan on going turbo / twin turbo eventually, but that'll be after my mustang is no longer my daily driver.
haven't run the single setup just yet.
It's an incomplete kit. the entire hotside is there along with the intercooler, but it doesn't have a turbo, maf pipe, bov, or turbo-intercooler pipe.... as far as the quality, it's easily 1000x better. the welds don't look Janky and the kit is well designed (minimal 90* turns, O2 sensors in the correct spot, as I said earlier.

here are some pics of the JMP single kit : https://www.facebook.com/Boss227/posts/1649479915324941

JMP twin turbo kit: https://www.facebook.com/Boss227/posts/1649479571991642

LPF single kit, attached.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	10441296_10206612647383760_5154925699369385990_n.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	194214   Click image for larger version

Name:	11178205_10206612646863747_1439075677161818614_n.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	194215  

Name:	10423938_10206612646703743_6626770717794421691_n.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	194216  
Old 12-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

How's the oil routed to the turbos? Do you have to get a bung welded onto the oil pan or an adapter between the oil filter?
Lan_Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Seriously considering this kit, I've been waiting on word from bomber as I've been following them for a while but nothing
Lan_Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan_Evo View Post
How's the oil routed to the turbos? Do you have to get a bung welded onto the oil pan or an adapter between the oil filter?
For the jmp kit I'm selling, I have a pre-tapped oil pan I'm including with it.
You'll need your own oil lines tho, but those are cheap

Old 12-03-2015, 12:26 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Jmp kit is sold.
If you are really set on a single, jack can Make you a standard kit with a precision turbo for 5500 or a local-built turbo for 5200.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

It's basically the same as the kit I sold, but smaller intercooler and log manifolds instead of tubular headers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang