Car ID for Spoilers? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Car ID for Spoilers?

Sup guys, im in the market for a new spoiler. All the sites have them at about 300+.
After looking around, CarID.com has them for way less.

Im in love with the GT500 style spoiler but the california special also catches my eye.
This is one I was looking at:
T5i® - Ford Mustang 2012 Factory Style Rear Spoiler
What do you guys think of it? Has anyone ordered from here or from them? It looks like an AMAZING deal at $180 painted.

**EDIT**
The link takes to the main page -_-
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
You mine as well get the California special from the dealership. They can paint to the exact color of your car.

Kingkong
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
You mine as well get the California special from the dealership. They can paint to the exact color of your car.

Kingkong
How much would that be? At CarID they are selling it painted for $180. Non Painted for 130. It seems too good to be true but it has good reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
How much would that be? At CarID they are selling it painted for $180. Non Painted for 130. It seems too good to be true but it has good reviews
I have never bought anything off there and in my experience, when it is too good to be true, it usually is. Unless someone else chimes in and says they are good at that low of a price, but what you pay for is REALLY what you get. I cannot stress that enough.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:40 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I have never bought anything off there and in my experience, when it is too good to be true, it usually is. Unless someone else chimes in and says they are good at that low of a price, but what you pay for is REALLY what you get. I cannot stress that enough.
Exactly why im so hesitant!
I guess its just a waiting game, if anything il just go with the GT500 spoiler. I love it. But the cali special is very nice too. Decisions...decisions...
Old 11-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
Kevin.Cook

AM has it and you can get it for $30 off today. $270 prepainted. Not horribly bad.

GT/CS (California Special) Mustang Spoiler - Pre-painted (10-14 All) (10-14 All) - Free Shipping
Old 11-30-2015, 12:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
Exactly why im so hesitant!
I guess its just a waiting game, if anything il just go with the GT500 spoiler. I love it. But the cali special is very nice too. Decisions...decisions...
Check out their return policy. If you can return it, I'd say go for it. Buy it, inspect it thoroughly before doing anything with it. If your gut feeling tells you that it probably won't hold up after looking at it, return it.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
If it were me I would buy it unpainted then get someone you know who does quality work to paint it for you.

Kingkong
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:23 PM   #9
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
If it were me I would buy it unpainted then get someone you know who does quality work to paint it for you.

Kingkong
I can vouch for AM's paint work. When the correct color () is sent to me, I have not had any issues. I have ordered a spoiler, multiple sets of Window Louvers, Side Scoops, etc. They all came in ok.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Personally, as others have said it seems too good to be true. If it were me, I'd buy from a vendor you know will send you what you are asking for, or see if you can find one on craigslist. I got my GT500 spoiler from a guy on craigslist who was less than 5 miles from me. I ended up saving about $100, because I knew the guy who did my paint.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I bought a painted spoiler from them for a car my wife used to have a few years ago, and she loved it. Came packaged extremely well, and the paint matched perfectly. When we sold the car, the dealership actually gave her a little more for it because they assumed it was a factory add-on. Granted this was on a gray metallic Honda Accord, and not a Mustang so I can't speak from experience on that specifically, but in the end they're essentially the same.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
'14 GT Prem; Sterling Gray w/Silver Metallic Rally Stripes; 6-Speed M/T; Electronics & Comfort Package; 3.55 gears; SR Performance Springs; Koni Str.T Struts & Shocks; Whiteline Panhard Bar; Whiteline Rear Lower Control Arms & Relocation Brackets; J&M Caster/Camber Plates; Rohana RC7 20x10's w/255/35/20 Goodyear Eagle Sport All Seasons; C&L CAI; BAMA V2 93R Tune; Roush Axlebacks; Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts; SunTek CXP 45% Tint; Cervini's Upper & Lower Billet Grilles & Type IV Ram Air Hood.
Sterling 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
i've bought a similar style spoiler off of ebay for 100 painted (this was my gtcs spoiler way back when)

it looked okay, the paint had some white overspray on one section and the clearcoat started to fail after 3 years. Needless to say... it was 100 bucks, so I couldn't be too upset over the quality lol
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
something like this:

10 14 Ford Mustang 4 Pedestal Spoiler Painted ABS GT Base 2D Coupe | eBay

but it was 100 dollars.
Having had my car and a car with an actual gt/cs spoiler next to it, you can tell the difference if you really inspect it.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I ordered the Oem spoiler for my wife's 2014 platinum or pearl white from an ebay seller for 99$ free shipping.
The color matched perfectly and the fit and finish was far above the 3 different GT 500 spoilers that I received from AM until I finally just kept the last one as it was the best of the 3.

Just my 2 cents.
Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
That ebay one actually looks pretty nice.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:40 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
OEM gt500 is the only way to go. I'm not a fan of the "gt500 style" spoilers that don't have a real gurney flap. The California special ones you get aftermarket look cheap in my opinion because they are not black on the bottom like OEM. I'm sure what I just wrote will offend some people, but that's just my true feeling. I had a knock off and at first I was in love but then I started to notice how much better the OEM looked. So I ditched it. I ended up going roush (because it's dead sexy) but had I stuck with the GT500 I would have gone OEM
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:13 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
something like this:

10 14 Ford Mustang 4 Pedestal Spoiler Painted ABS GT Base 2D Coupe | eBay

but it was 100 dollars.
Having had my car and a car with an actual gt/cs spoiler next to it, you can tell the difference if you really inspect it.
I have one GT500 style spoiler i got from ebay. It was A LOT shorter than the real GT500. Its still nice though and a nice little add on. Thing is i might have backed up a bit too much and it hit something and cracked so i want to change it. This ebay Cali Special spoiler actually looks really nice in my opinion. Im very much considering this right now. At least to hold me up for about a year or two until I get an OEM one. Still adding to the car so not sure if i wanna throw down 300+ on a spoiler at the moment.
On a side note, we got some permanent outdoor double sided tape to replace the tape that the spoiler had brought. Do you guys know how to take that off? Im sure its gonne be a mission and a half to take off. You guys think that Goo Gone will help with it? Its REALLY sticky. Like insanely. And in the Miami heat im sure it made it even worse

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang