Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Oil life! Not reseting

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Brandonb2012 
#1 ·
Hey guys any of yall having an issue with your oil life being stuck at 100%? I track my miles and usually change every 5k regardless of oil life percentage but it just want to know if yall know of a fix for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#5 ·
TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) isn't technically a recall. It's more of a problem they identified with a solution to fix it. If you're out of warranty, you may still be charged.

#11 · (Edited)
nailed it...if your dealer likes you they may comp it to you.

if you Google Mustang TSB's and search through them you may find it. If you want your dealer to work on it find it (print it out) and bring it in to them with cookies for your best shot at a gimmie repair. It sounds like you don't need it done but if you bring your car in to them anyways I would try it.

#10 ·
Battery neg terminal pull?

Try setting the OLM to 75% and seeing if it "counts down" correctly.

My OLM has me changing my oil roughly every 9-10k; I use Mobil 1 full syn.

#12 ·
I use the OLM system as very loose suggestions. I use M1, so i reset mine twice. Once after I change the oil and again after it reaches 90%.

Left to itself, it will get me about 10,000 miles. Once I reset it again, it gets me to 11,000 miles. So I'm pretty comfortable with that.

IG: the_notorious_vig_

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.