Carsponsors.com - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Carsponsors.com

Hey guys, so recently I got accepted to carsponsors.com. I have not paid the fee yet. But I am curious, has anyone used them? I spoke to Velgen Wheels and they told me they are in fact a legit company. The way it works is Car Sponsors emails the company your interested in, and its up to them to choose what discount if any they offer you.
My question is, have any of you guys actually gone with carsponsors.com?
They say you get $XXX in vouchers but im not sure if that will cover anything you want if you get a partial sponsorship. Supposedly they can guarantee a partial where you get a discount or a full where the whole part or parts are free (which is not guaranteed).
If you can use those vouchers as payment for whatever balance there is on a partial "sponsorship", then its totally worth it.
Anyone know of any experiences with them? I googled it and have gotten mixed reviews. People saying they are scams but others saying they are legit and do in fact help you.
Inputs?
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 09:02 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
No knowledge (or even clue) but gut feeling sez Carsponsers is the one that will make out.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
Kevin.Cook

If they are partial then to me, is not worth it. If you are looking for $10,000 worth of stuff to be sponsored (free) because for 1, you don't even have nearly that much laying around. Then what good is like $1000-$2000 in discounts? You still can't afford it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
Staff

Regular
Staff

Mud's Google search sez scam (big time...easy to find) look for good reviews that don't come from them
Old 12-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

From what Velgen told me yes they are legit, but to an extent. They say you get $2500 worth of vouchers. I emailed them regarding that. If lets say Velgen gives you a discount for wheels at $1000 as a partial, and you have 2500 worth in vouchers, then you should get it free and have 1500 left over. Thats where im curious. Im waiting for an email back. If they say that, then i might go ahead and do it but order via paypal so worst case scenario I can open a case against them. Still debating whether to waste my time or not but it is interesting
Old 12-07-2015, 09:29 AM   #6
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
From what Velgen told me yes they are legit, but to an extent. They say you get $2500 worth of vouchers. I emailed them regarding that. If lets say Velgen gives you a discount for wheels at $1000 as a partial, and you have 2500 worth in vouchers, then you should get it free and have 1500 left over. Thats where im curious. Im waiting for an email back. If they say that, then i might go ahead and do it but order via paypal so worst case scenario I can open a case against them. Still debating whether to waste my time or not but it is interesting
I would assume the vouchers would not be quite as perfect. So say "$250 off $1,000 purchase or more". Is what I am thinking when it comes to partial discounts.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
So, just to make sure we're on the same page:

1. You pay car sponsors
2. They ask people to give you cheaper parts
3. People then decide to say yes or no

That brings up one of two scenarios:
1. You still had to pay a fee for your "discount" so its virtually a wash anyways.
2. The other company says no and you're still out your money anyways.

Not worth it man. Its one of those things that if it were really that good of a deal, we'd all be doing it.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

1. You pay car sponsors

1. You still had to pay a fee for your "discount" so its virtually a wash anyways.

Not worth it man. Its one of those things that if it were really that good of a deal, we'd all be doing it.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
NO FREE LUNCHES!! 57 years of life experiences!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Personally I wouldn't bother. I'd contact companies directly. If there are parts you want or need, usually you can work out a partial sponsorship with little to no responsibility with the company. Depending on the company they'll usually just ask to represent them with decals on your car and pictures at events that you would attend.

With 2016 coming up, I'd jump on opportunities because companies primarily give sponsorships at the beginning of the year as they usually have limits to the amount of parts they can give away for free or discounted. All you have to do is send in an application or inquiry of sponsorship and attend some shows
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post

1. You pay car sponsors

Why would you pay someone else to ask companies for discounts for you?
YOU CAN DO THAT ALL BY YOUR SELF.

If you have some legit, special, unique and amazing Mustang...especially a V6 Mustang?.... Then spend a little time making phone calls, emails and going in person (with your amazing Mustang that somehow is worthy of free or highly discounted parts) and get these things yourself.
If this still seems like a cool company to go with...then you probably also pay credit restoration companies hard earned money to "ask" your creditors to forgive or reduce your debt.
There's a million and one "legit" online businesses that are just good guys looking out for "your" best interests

*heck dude...give me your info and car specs and I will do some phone calls and emails for you!.... For a small fee....I can b.s. Really good too...so I'll prolly score you some free stick on carbon fiber (faux) stuff, a shorty antenna and a couple monster energy drinks....
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Lol.
I agree. If you pay carsponsors any money... You will be sponsoring THEM!

I can't imagine that they could possibly do anything that you can't do yourself. Except, perhaps, annoying the companies that they are trying to get you sponsorships with.
As was said above, there is no free lunch.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Why would you pay someone else to ask companies for discounts for you?
YOU CAN DO THAT ALL BY YOUR SELF.

If you have some legit, special, unique and amazing Mustang...especially a V6 Mustang?.... Then spend a little time making phone calls, emails and going in person (with your amazing Mustang that somehow is worthy of free or highly discounted parts) and get these things yourself.
If this still seems like a cool company to go with...then you probably also pay credit restoration companies hard earned money to "ask" your creditors to forgive or reduce your debt.
There's a million and one "legit" online businesses that are just good guys looking out for "your" best interests

*heck dude...give me your info and car specs and I will do some phone calls and emails for you!.... For a small fee....I can b.s. Really good too...so I'll prolly score you some free stick on carbon fiber (faux) stuff, a shorty antenna and a couple monster energy drinks....
Can I also get some stickers?? And an emblem that says "SICK CAR"???? BRO IL PAY YOU TOP DOLLAR FOR FINDING THOSE!

I figured it was a scam. Or at least to an extent. Just thought hey why not give it a shot right? A buddy of mine told me about it and thats when i applied. Then the obvious, hidden fee, that isnt shown until the end right before you go to finish registration.
Thanks guys for clearing it up I saw bad reviews and scams on google. But on one or two forums I saw some guy saying he got a check for $250 that was promised to him so i said screw it lemme see if anyone else here has gone through with it

Oh also, Velgen wheels told me theyd give me a discount since I was local. They said "dont go through that BS" wel help ya out since your local.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #14
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Mud's Google search sez scam (big time...easy to find) look for good reviews that don't come from them
I don't have personal experience with them but I would say, tread lightly.
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:21 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
I don't have personal experience with them but I would say, tread lightly.
Holy cow I just felt like I was in an episode of Breaking Bad when I read "tread lightly". lol
And yeah im not bothering with them. They sent 5 follow up emails. The third with the subject "I cant stop thinking about you". This was the opening line on the email "Lying in bed last night I tossed and turned thinking about you and your new sponsor that carries Eibach, NGK, ZEX, Auto Meter, ARH, Flowmaster, Hurst, and other cool products."
LMAO creeeeepyyyyy
Old 12-09-2015, 01:41 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Thumbs down Great Deal for them, Bad one for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
Your theory is wrong. They may give you $2,500 in coupons but they won't all be for the same item. You might get a $200 discount for buying new tires and rims. Then another might be a coupon for $150 off on an complete exhaust system.

Just for ****s and giggles, how much a fee did they want?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:34 AM   #17
Staff

Regular
Staff

OP,

good call.

However I know a fairly attractive girl from the Ukraine (Registered Nurse) who would like to practice talking English with American men. If you would like I'll give her your email and you can write to her. She hopes to visit the USA soon but is having trouble raising enough $ for her visa...
Old 12-09-2015, 06:58 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
OP,

good call.

However I know a fairly attractive girl from the Ukraine (Registered Nurse) who would like to practice talking English with American men. If you would like I'll give her your email and you can write to her. She hopes to visit the USA soon but is having trouble raising enough $ for her visa...
Oh no the poor girl. Yeah I guess send it over. Maybe we can all chip in to get her here
Old 12-09-2015, 07:04 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Your theory is wrong. They may give you $2,500 in coupons but they won't all be for the same item. You might get a $200 discount for buying new tires and rims. Then another might be a coupon for $150 off on an complete exhaust system.

Just for ****s and giggles, how much a fee did they want?
They were asking for $79 either one time fee or two months at half. With the 10% they gave me 71ish i guess
Old 12-10-2015, 10:19 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I was accepted too but I'm debating a that its a scam. No one gives away free stuff and I tried to contact the company but they say you cannot talk to an actual person because it is all online based.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #21
Staff

Regular
Staff

I bet everyone gets accepted.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bet everyone gets accepted.
Yeah for sure
Old 12-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
A few things. First off this is something you can do yourself if your willing to put in the time and not be lazy. I know magnaflow has a link on their website where you can submit request for sponsorship. But even at that you can write letters/ emails. If this company is just inquiring on your behalf then thy likely do not have any "inside connections" that will give different results if you do it yourself.

I've said this before as well sponsorship is not charity for a company. Unless it makes sense for them in getting their name/ product out why would they just give you money. For example the magnaflow form had specific information you had to list such as if the cars raced or a show car and how many of hours it is in public eye at these events. More then likely if it's a dd and you go to monthly cars and coffee events they will not see the return on the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I looked into it but seems like it's mostly for ricers lol like its all turbo kits for Hondas. But it doesn't seem worth it like everyone else said. I applied like 4 or 5 months ago and still get emails from them. It actually seems like it might be worth it if you have an import otherwise it's a waste.
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:25 PM   #25
Staff

Regular
Staff

If I was bored I would set up an alias email account and put in an "Application" for a 1978 Chevette diesel putting 1 car and coffee event per year. under mods duct tape and AM radio.

coffee says it's accepted.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:40 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

It's like community college, everyone gets accepted but you still have to pay for everything
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang