Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Dashkit Overlay?

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  WJBertrand 
#1 ·
I was looking at adding this to my Christmas list but noticed that it said it was not compatible with the aftermarket Raxiom Nav unit. I was just curious if anyone has tried any of these overlays with the Raxiom and found a way for it to fit and look good. Just curious. Thanks guys!

Car Vehicle Electronics Steering wheel Center console

Mustang Red Carbon Fiber Dash Overlay Kit (10-14 All) - Free Shipping

2013 Race Red V6 Premium. 35% window tint, racing stripes, Diode Dynamics interior LED dome lights, Diode Dynamics license plate LED lights, Diode Dynamics truck LED light, MMD taillight trim, MMD Classic louvers, blacked out all side and back markers and tail lights, Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, upper and lower black modern billet grilles, MGP caliper covers, Ford Boss302 strut tower brace, MMD hood struts, 19" staggered black Axim MMD wheels with Pirelli tires, Raxiom Navigation unit.

See less See more
#7 ·
You can always get a sheet of carbon fiber vinyl and make your own.

#12 ·
Carbon Fiber Arm Rest Cover & Extension (10-14 All), $159.99.
Carbon Fiber Map Light Cover - Convertible (13-14 All), $99.99.

SOMEONE PLEASE CALL THE POLICE! At these prices YOUR GETTING ROBBED!

#13 ·
Yeah, I did red carbon and it looked to pink/orange. Bought the blood red carbon fiber and like it much better! Originally did entire console but it was too much for me so I pulled it off and left only the dash and steering wheel. Had plenty and spent under $50.

Attachments

#15 ·
Looks good! I'm worried about trying on the Raxiom unit because it does concave in the center(if you look at my pic) and it's not flat like the stock unit is. Think it might be difficult to install. Any pics of your interior without the center console wrapped? I might just go that route.

#17 ·
Yeah, like mean14 said, heat gun or hair dryer to warm it. You're talking about the recess under the large display? Shouldn't be a problem. I'll take a couple pics tomorrow.

#20 ·
Yeah, looks great! Like I said, for me, center was too much but you might like it. I have the satin dash so if the edges weren't wrapped, it shines like crazy so diy worked for me. I will say that the airbag cover needs to be done in two sections (top/bottom). I originally used 1 piece but once I cut down the center for the seem, I ended up with some of the satin underneath showing. The other thing to note is the covers move a little but don't come off so any wrapping of that center seem needs to be done CAREFULLY without much intrusion into the airbag beneath. I really don't know what happens if the airbag gets cut but I don't want to find out. So here are a few pics...

Attachments

#21 ·
A few...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.