Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Borla atak axle back vs catback

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jayochs 
#1 ·
How much difference is there in sound between the atak axle backs and the catbacks?

2013 mustang v6 premium

#2 ·
from what people told me, not a big difference in tone at all. you're paying more to have some nicer looking pipes it seems.

#5 ·
Go with a slightly larger mid pipe. 2.5" . X or H it's your call. HP numbers between the two are negligible. 2-3 hp difference in top end. Everyone that knows me knows I prefer the H pipe. It gives that car a proper mule car sound by giving it that "burbble". Personally I install a 5.0 stock H pipe and I couldn't be happier having it paired with my Maganaflow Street series axel backs, but to each his own. Aside from that don't worry much about your over axel pipes. The piping diameter is good to over 300 hp to the wheels. Your main restrictions are cats and headers...mainly cats. I will say that beat bang for the buck is getting some new gears and a tune.

#6 ·
unless you want the car to be obnoxiously loud, i wouldn't pair atak's with headers or an offroad x pipe or anything. typically, people who do the exhaust work up front go with like stock, or touring axlebacks bc it's just too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.