Lund Tunes Deal 50% Off - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2015, 08:02 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Thumbs up Lund Tunes Deal 50% Off

I've been running MPT tunes for almost a year and have never had any issues, the tunes run great. But I've always been interested in Lund tunes by John Lund. My point is that for today only, you can get a $200 Lund tune for $100 at LethalPerformance.com. This is a great deal and I would like to pull the trigger on a Lund tune, but would love to hear any feedback specific to Lund tunes only. BTY, you don't need a coupon code for this deal, the discount will be in the shopping cart. Anyway, let me know your Lund tune experiences.
Thanks in advance

Edit: I'm more than likely going to pull the trigger on this offer as Lund has a great reputation and the price is hard to walk away from. . . . And the clock is ticking. Was just wondering if anyone had installed a Lund tune on their 3.7 and what your reaction was after installing the tune.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Lund Racing employs a staff of tune writers, do you know who'll be writing that $ 100 Jon Lund tune ?

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
Lund Racing employs a staff of tune writers, do you know who'll be writing that $ 100 Jon Lund tune ?
Of course I don't. I'm hoping for someone to respond that has had experience with a Lund tune on their 3.7, I was hoping to avoid a debate. But thank you for your concern
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Seems like a pretty good deal. I wish they had info on the data logging procedure needed to do the remote tune. Also, I wonder what the turn-around is?
Old 12-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
How long can you get revisions from him?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
How long can you get revisions from him?

Life just like The all mighty bama. Unless you go e85 or FI then you have to pay for the switch

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

I did not know this. I might have to scoop one up.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:59 PM   #8
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
I did not know this. I might have to scoop one up.

Considering one myself lol.

IG: @rcodemach1
Old 12-22-2015, 03:00 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

I was worried because my car seems like it will be locked away for awhile. But if they do revisions I don't see why not

Old 12-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #10
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
I was worried because my car seems like it will be locked away for awhile. But if they do revisions I don't see why not

That's what I wondering about their turn over on delivery. If it's several weeks, there might be snow n shot on the ground here lol.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:05 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Thumbs up See the link below for the details.

Lund Racing Custom Tune - Custom Tunes - 2011-2014 - Ford Mustang V6 - Vehicle Selector - Shop Now
Old 12-22-2015, 03:09 PM   #12
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Lund Tunes Deal 50% Off

Here's from "additional info"

Quote:
Updates- For minor changes such as adding a different intake, pulley or headers there is no charge. If you happen to upgrade from a stock blower to a Whipple or Turbo setup there will be additional charges as those setups are unique and require additional tuning. The same goes for a race gas or valet tune as those are additional.
So it looks like typical changes are free.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
^ exactly what I posted up there.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I couldn't find any real detail info on the web site regarding their tune.
Tune for life?
retune for misc bolt-ons?
datalogging?
Appears to be for a single tune.
Maybe I'm missing it somewhere.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:50 PM   #15
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
^ exactly what I posted up there.

and fed coyote.

Lol I see now

Old 12-24-2015, 01:28 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I have exceptionally good experience with Jon Lund II. I did not understand much in tuning so he patiently guided me through the intricacies of this procedure. I had many datalogging sessions after which I had three dyno runs sending back and forth datalog files through email. Since this was remote tuning we arranged for a specific time in advance. The result was 780RWHP and 980TQ, quite enough for dry weather. It became clear immediately that this power is not for daily driving
Mine is Shelby GT500 with Kenne Bell
Vladimir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I have all 3 tunes on a 13 auto (Old Bama, Lund, MPT) aggressive as the tuners were willing to go with it on 3.73 gears. In order of which was the best MPT, Lund, Bama.
Now this was back when old Bama tunes were still decent, so I have not tried Bama V2 tunes or seen/heard of Lund updating or changing anything. I really felt like I wasted money on the Lund tune since it was barely better then Bama on the top end. Back then everyone talked that Lund did the best auto trans tune, but that was not the case. MPT blew both the other away in shifting and overall feel. So I guess anything is possible. Try it and let us know.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:42 PM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
I have all 3 tunes on a 13 auto (Old Bama, Lund, MPT) aggressive as the tuners were willing to go with it on 3.73 gears. In order of which was the best MPT, Lund, Bama.
Now this was back when old Bama tunes were still decent, so I have not tried Bama V2 tunes or seen/heard of Lund updating or changing anything. I really felt like I wasted money on the Lund tune since it was barely better then Bama on the top end. Back then everyone talked that Lund did the best auto trans tune, but that was not the case. MPT blew both the other away in shifting and overall feel. So I guess anything is possible. Try it and let us know.
Thanks for the feedback. Didn't go with the Lund tune since I really couldn't find any feedback for the 3.7 that impressed me over my current MPT tunes. So I'm good to go. I've been running the MPT tune for a year now and am completely satisfied

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang