2012 suspension help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2016, 07:03 AM   #1

Region: Michigan
2012 suspension help

Hello all...new to the site and will be asking more questions than giving answers.
So let me just say thanks for any answers or research options anyone may provide.
I have a 2012 Mustang v6 Premium manual and a 2010 Fusion Sport. Both have
18" wheels and the Sport has the firmer factory suspension. I have not been able to locate any specific information on the Sports sway bars or shocks&springs. If anyone has owned the Sport they know how grounded it feels and still a good ride.
This is what I would like to accomplish on the Mustang. I do not want to lower the car and may do 19's possibly 9 wide as opposed the Sport's 7.5. What components or kits would give that grounded feel like the Sport without being
harsh. The Mustang does DOES NOT have the v6 Performance package.
Thanks again
jrstang
jrstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2016, 08:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstang View Post
Hello all...new to the site and will be asking more questions than giving answers.
So let me just say thanks for any answers or research options anyone may provide.
I have a 2012 Mustang v6 Premium manual and a 2010 Fusion Sport. Both have
18" wheels and the Sport has the firmer factory suspension. I have not been able to locate any specific information on the Sports sway bars or shocks&springs. If anyone has owned the Sport they know how grounded it feels and still a good ride.
This is what I would like to accomplish on the Mustang. I do not want to lower the car and may do 19's possibly 9 wide as opposed the Sport's 7.5. What components or kits would give that grounded feel like the Sport without being
harsh. The Mustang does DOES NOT have the v6 Performance package.
Thanks again
jrstang
In addition to benefiting from member responses, I think you should get familiar as possible with the concept of stiffer suspension control and the options available.
For example, I found the attached web link very informative with references to possible shock options to accomplish what you may be looking for.

Suspension Truth #2: Sport Suspensions - The Illusion of Performance - The Truth About Cars

In particular I thought the 2nd video was very informative and if you watch the YouTube version

you will discover an entire series of videos on related subjects.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I had a 2009 v6 base before my 2012 v6 and i put gt swaybars and koni struts on it also went to 18'' rims on it just those mods alone made a Hugh difference on how it handled ,I just got a pair of SR front and rear bars for my 2012 25mm and 36mm compared to 22..34 s mm and BMR lcas .I believe bigger sway bars will make big difference on how your car will handle . My car is in winter storage now looking forward to putting them on and driving her this spring...Hope this helps you some.
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang