Granatelli GM-SB0507 Sway Bars - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-06-2016, 07:05 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Granatelli GM-SB0507 Sway Bars

Anyone have any experience with these? I picked up a front/rear set for cheap ($125) new. Front is 35.5mm (1.4") and rear is 25.5 (1"). Came with bushings, albeit I don't know if they are urethane, rubber or what and all hardware. Some Google searching found them at Summit and a few other places for $250 but no reviews anywhere. For a buck and a quarter, it was worth a try. Anyone here have any experience with them?
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Do you happen to know the rates, or % increase over stock?
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I don't my friend. I'm all but certain my rear bar now is 22mm. This was one of those Kevin Cook cruise/purchases (sorry brother, just kidding). AKA ebay. Here's the link. 2005 2014 Ford Mustang Sway Bars Blue | eBay They are larger than the stock bars but I get that doesn't necessarily mean anything. At that price, it seemed worth a chance.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Worth a shot. Wish I knew more about it but I don't.

Where is mr cook at lately any way. Have not seen anything from him in a while. That new car of his must be keeping him away.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Been watching those for a while also. They advertise larger than stock V6, but I was wondering the strength (quality) of the steel. They are clearly near 1/3 the cost of "name brand" others. If they are any good, and you had to buy urethane bushings elsewhere they would still be a good deal.
That vendor also list a panhard bar brace for $9.00 I believe. I paid 10x that for an "S" brand one last year. Again wondering about the quality of the steel used.
Please post results when you get them installed.
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Shade, my heart just sank with that... Did you say they are makers of a $9 Panhard Bar?
Old 01-06-2016, 09:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Panhard bar brace, not panhard bar.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:14 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
You couldn't pay me enough money to put a Granatelli product on my car. There are documented instances of his stuff failing and him flat out refusing to take any responsibility.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

those are the dimensions of the sway bars I took off my 14 GT. I'm thinking about re-installing my rear stock sway bar 'cause I noticed that on a sharp turn like turning a corner that the rear has no bite and slides out. I am thinking that the rear is too stiff (Roush) Maybe I just need a '16 to take care of that.

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
thelastsumurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Read numerous suspension articles saying if rear sway bar is too stiff it will cause rear to get loose. I have a 14 Vert & think I'll continue to look for some GT sway bar take offs. That may keep the front/rear sway bars sorta "balanced" if you will. On the other hand since the GT sway bars have to deal with the heavier v8, it could increase under steer (pushing) on a v6 Mustang. May just get a rear shock tower brace (v6 verts come with a front shock tower brace) and call it a day since I don't track my car.
Again, please keep us posted if you install them. And to verify, I was talking about the Panhard bar BRACE for $9.00. I got brand "S" and am well pleased with it's quality, but paid for it for sure.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:24 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Been reading a bit here too and in that same vein have been debating stiffer sway bars for a while. The price was right on this one so I'll let you know. While I don't track the car, I enjoy spirited backroad driving so I'm thinking I'll have some sense if this was money well spent or a learning experience fairly quickly.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree43 View Post
1. Read numerous suspension articles saying if rear sway bar is too stiff it will cause rear to get loose. I have a 14 Vert & think I'll continue to look for some GT sway bar take offs. That may keep the front/rear sway bars sorta "balanced" if you will. 2. On the other hand since the GT sway bars have to deal with the heavier v8, it could increase under steer (pushing) on a v6 Mustang. 3. May just get a rear shock tower brace (v6 verts come with a front shock tower brace) and call it a day since I don't track my car.
Again, please keep us posted if you install them. And to verify, I was talking about the Panhard bar BRACE for $9.00. I got brand "S" and am well pleased with it's quality, but paid for it for sure.
1. This is correct, most RWD cars prefer more front bar than rear. Its actually not an uncommon occurrence to just remove the rear bar entirely (with other suspension adjustments obviously).

2. A sway bar essentially just increases the spring rate, so it will depend on what springs you are running as well that will determine push or if its loose. That being said, the GT is not as substantially increased as a lot of the aftermarket bars are, so you should be fine.

3. Save your money. Strut tower bars work in the front because they are bridging a wide gap with nothing there. The rear shock towers are reinforced through the trunk floor, so its pointless to brace them.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:45 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you, I appreciate the info on rear shock tower brace. The way I usually drive, would not see a change at all. Will put that $$ in the tuner pot.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang