Mac ProChamber midpipe(using stock cats) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-10-2016, 06:30 PM   #1

Region: California
Mac ProChamber midpipe(using stock cats)

I found this midpipe from Mac ( http://www.lethalper...stock-cats.html )

It seems like it is a cut and weld style that allows you to use your stock cats and resonators much like the ford racing x pipe for those of us in emission tested states.

Anyone got one of these? How do they fit? How do they sound? Performance, if any?

I already have bbk shorties and ford racing sport axlebacks on my 3.7, wondering how this would change the sound/performance
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Don't, Mac can **** right off. Garbage fitment.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Link doesn't work but I think I know what you are talking about. These are after cat prochambers. I've been curious about these. I hear they are pretty much like the cut and clamp X by Ford Racing. I haven't been able to hear anything about them but I've wanted to hear a video of them.
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post
Link doesn't work but I think I know what you are talking about. These are after cat prochambers. I've been curious about these. I hear they are pretty much like the cut and clamp X by Ford Racing. I haven't been able to hear anything about them but I've wanted to hear a video of them.
hope this works

Mac 2011-2014 Mustang V6 Prochamber (Uses Stock Cats) - Mac Products - Midpipes - Exhaust - 2011-2014 - Ford Mustang V6 - Vehicle Selector - Shop Now
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
I found this midpipe from Mac ( http://www.lethalper...stock-cats.html )

It seems like it is a cut and weld style that allows you to use your stock cats and resonators much like the ford racing x pipe for those of us in emission tested states.

Anyone got one of these? How do they fit? How do they sound? Performance, if any?

I already have bbk shorties and ford racing sport axlebacks on my 3.7, wondering how this would change the sound/performance
They are cut and clamp but the fit at the resonator end was so sloppy had to weld the edges.
The length supplied required that you cut the mid-pipe right at the end of the catalytic converters, and the supplied piece slipped over the ends of the converters.
I think it made my exhaust a bit deeper sounding. I have the rather tame Borla Touring muffler and I think it made it a little quieter initially but eventually got a little louder.
Performance wise: I don't think it made a difference.

EDIT: I'll try to get a video of the current sound. I think they would be good with the Stingers.???
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I wouldnt waste time with a prochamber. Get an offroad h and swap the midpipe out a week before inspection, also your car is too new for them to check for cats they will just check for the engine light
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: North Carolina
I have a prochamber with Mac longtube headers, and I have to say I like mine. The only thing you will have to get used to, is when you first fire it up, it has a hollow sort of sound to it, but after it warms up it sounds fine. I also have cats attached to mine, even though it is supposed to be o/r.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:18 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Interested in how they sound with s types and bbk shorties

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:02 PM   #9

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard3600 View Post
I have a prochamber with Mac longtube headers, and I have to say I like mine. The only thing you will have to get used to, is when you first fire it up, it has a hollow sort of sound to it, but after it warms up it sounds fine. I also have cats attached to mine, even though it is supposed to be o/r.
Do you have a video anywhere online of your setup? I'm planning on buying Mac LTH, ProChamber and Flowmaster Force II in a few months and I've yet to find a video showing the sound of the headers and ProChamber together.
TSeacrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang