Blowers and cold weather - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:13 PM   #1

Region: Michigan
Blowers and cold weather

First, howdy all!

Have been lurking and following. This forum for a year or so. Was interested in putting fi on my bride's ride. Really interested in tidalwave's vortech v3 offering. Emailed Tim with good results. I was studying vortech's information paper when I found a warning that surprised me. They warn that the vehicle should be kept in a warm garage or a heated blanket kept on the blower if temp was to reach 25° or less. Close tolerance would cause immediate damage to blower!

Has anyone had experience with this?
Could not find any Info from other manufacturers along these lines.

Anybody know about this? Her car is garaged from November to march but leaving the warm garage and sitting somewhere for a few hours could be catastrophic.

Thanks.
masterguns95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguns95 View Post
First, howdy all!

Have been lurking and following. This forum for a year or so. Was interested in putting fi on my bride's ride. Really interested in tidalwave's vortech v3 offering. Emailed Tim with good results. I was studying vortech's information paper when I found a warning that surprised me. They warn that the vehicle should be kept in a warm garage or a heated blanket kept on the blower if temp was to reach 25° or less. Close tolerance would cause immediate damage to blower!

Has anyone had experience with this?
Could not find any Info from other manufacturers along these lines.

Anybody know about this? Her car is garaged from November to march but leaving the warm garage and sitting somewhere for a few hours could be catastrophic.

Thanks.
If you haven't already, you should do some more research on the subject.

There seems to be a number of posts kicking around, many of which date back a fair number of years, that mention your subject. Here's a few I came across...

Question about centrifugal blowers and cold weather...

Questions and Discussion on Vortech Supercharging Systems - Page 60 - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

Vortech Blower Issues - Please Read! [Archive] - BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)

I'm getting the impression that it's more of a concern as to a “cold start-up” condition (below 25° F) without the use of an engine block heater/aftermarket engine blanket.
Perhaps you should check on Votech's position on starting and running once it is warmed up.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang