Building engine - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2016, 03:22 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular
 
Voltwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
Your actually right about most of that I am very young and I am throwing responsibility out the window, because I don't have any in the 1st place. I'm only 20 years old, I live with my parents and go to Georgia state university. My college is paid for by scholarships and HOPE. I had a ****ty job making $20,000 a year and just recently got a job thorough my friends dad that pays roughly $50,000 a year after tax. Now for a kid that just finished paying off his car, I literally have 0 responsibilities besides a $20 phone bill. Now I applied through a credit union for the loan bc they had interest rates as low as 3% but since I haven't been at my job for very long they rejected me. But I'm just going to get one from my bank which they say would be around 13% which is crazy to me but you guys said it would be around there. But I just thought I would give some of you a brief background of what I do and how my life is. If y'all still say I don't have the finances and I'll have to go bankrupt and what not then so be it. I honestly didn't have to justify myself to any of you people but I chose to you, because you people act like it's impossible to get a 30k loan.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
People in this thread who have said getting a $30k loan is impossible = 0
People in this thread who have said its a bad idea = everyone except you.


Take some advice from my man Jack Sparrow

Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-19-2016, 03:22 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Op ur getting a lot of ***** from ppl mainly cause no one knows U and they believe ur blowing smoke up their a$$( including me) if ur serious about doing this build u need to keep this thread alive with up to date play by play on how ur gonna approach this. Example the day u get this loan post it. The day u call and order the mods post it. Don't disappears for a long time. If u were known around the forum and undecided to do this ppl would know if u were really serious or not. We all think ur trolling. If u know in ur Mind ur not doing it than drop it. If u really serious and r doing this soon keep us posted. At the end of the day knowing what u know now about ppls experience and still want to do this, I respect that. At the end of the day it's ur money and u do what u want.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Oh ok, thank you for explaining why people have been giving me such grief. I understand I have unorthodox methods on getting this build done like taking out a loan for example but jeesh y'all are really making it hard on me. All I wanted was some advice and I got blown up lol. But thanks for explaining that I will definitely post the loan up and when I buy the parts, etc.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:24 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
People in this thread who have said getting a $30k loan is impossible = 0

People in this thread who have said its a bad idea = everyone except you.





Take some advice from my man Jack Sparrow




Lol I actually have one and you guys are making it sound like its impossible for ME to get a 30k loan. Y'all literally said nobody would approve me for that much money to modify a $20,000 vehicle.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
I fully understand that building a 3.7 is stupid and all. My dad has a 1999 3 series in the garage that he blew up about 5 years ago and it's just been sitting there ever since then he went out and bout a 2012 5 series and never looked back. But if you guys seriously think I'm trolling then I'll just get back to y'all when I put the turbos on this summer.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
Now I applied through a credit union for the loan bc they had interest rates as low as 3% but since I haven't been at my job for very long they rejected me. But I'm just going to get one from my bank which they say would be around 13% which is crazy to me but you guys said it would be around there. But I just thought I would give some of you a brief background of what I do and how my life is. If y'all still say I don't have the finances and I'll have to go bankrupt and what not then so be it. I honestly didn't have to justify myself to any of you people but I chose to you, because you people act like it's impossible to get a 30k loan.
I thought you said you already got preapproved for 3% on your personal loan?

Nobody said a $30K personal loan was impossible; what was being communicated was that a $30K personal loan for car parts at a 3% interest rate is unheard of.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:59 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
Now I applied through a credit union for the loan bc they had interest rates as low as 3% but since I haven't been at my job for very long they rejected me. But I'm just going to get one from my bank which they say would be around 13% which is crazy to me but you guys said it would be around there. But I just thought I would give some of you a brief background of what I do and how my life is. If y'all still say I don't have the finances and I'll have to go bankrupt and what not then so be it. I honestly didn't have to justify myself to any of you people but I chose to you, because you people act like it's impossible to get a 30k loan.
I thought you said you already got preapproved for 3% on your personal loan?

Nobody said a $30K personal loan was impossible; what was being communicated, or at least attempted to be communicated, was that a $30K personal loan for car parts at a 3% interest rate is unheard of.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:18 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyC View Post
I thought you said you already got preapproved for 3% on your personal loan?



Nobody said a $30K personal loan was impossible; what was being communicated, or at least attempted to be communicated, was that a $30K personal loan for car parts at a 3% interest rate is unheard of.

I did say that but I honestly just jumped the gun and thought I was going to get the loan for that rate, the lowest rate I can get now is 9% from discover. But I'm just going to save into the summer and try to just get a 10k loan, either way it's getting done this summer. But yeah I apologize for that.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:42 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyC View Post
I thought you said you already got preapproved for 3% on your personal loan?



Nobody said a $30K personal loan was impossible; what was being communicated, or at least attempted to be communicated, was that a $30K personal loan for car parts at a 3% interest rate is unheard of.

I did say that but I honestly just jumped the gun and thought I was going to get the loan for that rate, the lowest rate I can get now is 9% from discover. But I'm just going to save into the summer and try to just get a 10k loan, either way it's getting done this summer. But yeah I apologize for that.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #149
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,610
$10k is not going to get 900hp. Might get you a procharger installed with labor and dyno tune.

$50k a year and you want to take out a personal loan at 13% ? Hope you have good medical and have no unexpected expenses. Hope your job is secure. Hopefully they don't invent time travel in the next 15 to 20 years because your future self will be on his way back to kick your ***. I will also be going back to beat up my younger self...

You want to be REALLY smart? Invest the money you are saving. You'll be able to make a ton of $$$ in the future if you start now vs pissing it away on a car. But I doubt you will listen and will find out the hard way.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:14 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
$10k is not going to get 900hp. Might get you a procharger installed with labor and dyno tune.

$50k a year and you want to take out a personal loan at 13% ? Hope you have good medical and have no unexpected expenses. Hope your job is secure. Hopefully they don't invent time travel in the next 15 to 20 years because your future self will be on his way back to kick your ***. I will also be going back to beat up my younger self...

You want to be REALLY smart? Invest the money you are saving. You'll be able to make a ton of $$$ in the future if you start now vs pissing it away on a car. But I doubt you will listen and will find out the hard way.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I'm on my mothers medical plan, and God forbid I don't have any unforeseen expenses. I value yalls opinions when y'all aren't being complete jackasses. I thought making this thread would've gained some positive attention and hopefully got some great feedback also. There are been some people on this forum that are actually trying to help me out with it though so it hasn't been a complete waste. I actually have some small investments, but your right it would be a smart financial decision to invest instead of throwing money. In the future I'm sure I will regret even doing this build. But at least I will honesty be able to say i had fun, which is another reason why I want to continue with it. Also to go along with what I said previously, I might only need a 10k loan to get it done by the summer, meaning I will try and save 15k of my own money and just do it that way.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:41 AM   #151
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,022
you have been getting great feedback......it might not be the answer you wanted to hear but the majority of the advice has been good.

If you go through with it we'll be impressed but the majority of us (myself included) don't think it'll work well or even be a good idea. You will want to try and document everything with details and pics to teach others. Just remember sometimes teaching involves saying "don't try this at home"
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:54 AM   #152
Registered Member
Regular
 
JOberlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 245
My cousin has a fox body V8. 20K+ later, it was pushing out somewhere in the 700-900hp range depending on how he was tuning it that day. He still couldn't find a transmission strong enough to handle the torque at full throttle. It has a supercharger the size of a mini fridge on it. Just abosolutely silly.

If you want big power, you need a bigger engine or else 20K is going to go by fast and you'll be half done and sitting on a dozen broken parts that didn't work right.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #153
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
Another thing to consider is do you have another car or another mode of transportation? If not you may want to get one before going to crazy with the build. Because no matter how careful you (or a shop) does the build the nature of a car with that much power you will have down time.




Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #154
Registered Member

Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Spokane
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,598
Oh man!

OK........let me get this straight. You are 20 years old, and a millennial.......living at home, on your Mom's medical plan, make 50K a year, and have expressed no other aspirations than to burn up your income at between 10% and 13.5% on building a car with a high interest rate personal loan......
Let me ask some questions........are you reimbursing you Mom for the added expense she is paying for having you on her insurance? Are you paying your part of the house payment, food, heat, and other utilities (at LEAST 1/3 if not 1/2 of all of these)? Do you change your own bedsheets and wash them, and all of your other clothes? Do you cook for your Mom 1/2 the time? Do you mow the lawn, and wash the windows for her? Do you vacuum and dust the entire house?

I think that I know the answer to these questions..........and for me, shame on you if the answer to even one of these is "no."


I am so glad that HOPE is paying for part of your college..........but why?
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:04 AM   #155
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Oh man!



OK........let me get this straight. You are 20 years old, and a millennial.......living at home, on your Mom's medical plan, make 50K a year, and have expressed no other aspirations than to burn up your income at between 10% and 13.5% on building a car with a high interest rate personal loan......

Let me ask some questions........are you reimbursing you Mom for the added expense she is paying for having you on her insurance? Are you paying your part of the house payment, food, heat, and other utilities? Do you change your own bedsheets and wash them, and all of your other clothes? Do you cook for your Mom 1/2 the time? Do you mow the lawn, and wash the windows for her? Do you vacuum and dust the entire house?



I think that I know the answer to these questions..........and for me, shame on you if the answer to even one of these is "no."





I am so glad that HOPE is paying for part of your college..........but why?

Just let the man be. He's already made up his mind and seems like he is gonna stick with it. Everyone has made it clear they think it's a bad idea. Now you're just dragging this out


Ig: 3.7_THOR

2011 3.7 mustang
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:14 AM   #156
Registered Member

Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Spokane
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric e View Post
Just let the man be. He's already made up his mind and seems like he is gonna stick with it. Everyone has made it clear they think it's a bad idea. Now you're just dragging this out


Ig: 3.7_THOR

2011 3.7 mustang
Nope. He needed to hear what I said. Hasn't been expressed here before.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:33 AM   #157
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: edinburg
Region: Texas
Posts: 103
Good luck

Good luck 10k ain't nothing...I had @ 30k in my 3.7 and it only ran 11.9...Good luck...
jase33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Oh man!

OK........let me get this straight. You are 20 years old, and a millennial.......living at home, on your Mom's medical plan, make 50K a year, and have expressed no other aspirations than to burn up your income at between 10% and 13.5% on building a car with a high interest rate personal loan......
Let me ask some questions........are you reimbursing you Mom for the added expense she is paying for having you on her insurance? Are you paying your part of the house payment, food, heat, and other utilities (at LEAST 1/3 if not 1/2 of all of these)? Do you change your own bedsheets and wash them, and all of your other clothes? Do you cook for your Mom 1/2 the time? Do you mow the lawn, and wash the windows for her? Do you vacuum and dust the entire house?

I think that I know the answer to these questions..........and for me, shame on you if the answer to even one of these is "no."


I am so glad that HOPE is paying for part of your college..........but why?

No I am not paying mom for my medical insurance, one of the reasons is because it's a family plan so even if I opted for my own medical she would still have the same insurance plan since my dad and brother are on it. The main reason I'm on her plan is because our family as a whole gets the most benefits from her plan since she's in the medical field. They cover far more medical expenses than my job or my dads job would cover. I wash my clothes and sheets but as far as the house goes we have a maid come and clean it once a week. Believe me I try to help out with the bills but my mother is a nurse anesthetist and she's been in the field for a few decades so u can estimate how much she makes because I'm not going to put her salary on a forum. Now I'm assuming your just not familiar with Georgia colleges because every state is different. But in Georgia if you have a GPA of 3.0 and above then you qualify for HOPE. HOPE pays for most of my tuition and I have a couple scholarships that pay for the rest. Only thing I have to pay for is books. So basically the state is paying for me to go to school because I'm actually making good grades.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase33 View Post
Good luck 10k ain't nothing...I had @ 30k in my 3.7 and it only ran 11.9...Good luck...

I'm going to PM you.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Another thing to consider is do you have another car or another mode of transportation? If not you may want to get one before going to crazy with the build. Because no matter how careful you (or a shop) does the build the nature of a car with that much power you will have down time.




Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
This.....
When I blew my first motor, I was out for a month.
Thankfully, my loving mother let me use her car (although she really hated what I was doing... s/o to mama hooda )



Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:30 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase33 View Post
Good luck 10k ain't nothing...I had @ 30k in my 3.7 and it only ran 11.9...Good luck...
You spent 30k on a 3.7 build and the best you could run is 11.9? I would drive that car off a cliff! No offense. That's crazy and horrible!

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #162
Registered Member

Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Spokane
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
Only thing I have to pay for is books. So basically the state is paying for me to go to school because I'm actually making good grades.
Congrats on getting good grades. One last question though (and I fully realize that this is not the forum for this type of discussion --- but you kind of opened the door here)............please tell us what you want your life to look like five years from now.
Being 26, still in debt on a personal loan, a broken Mustang in the garage leaking oil and coolant into two pans, another car payment so that you can have a car to drive, AND still living at home --- won't look so pretty then, will it?
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular
 
20prima10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Flint mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Congrats on getting good grades. One last question though (and I fully realize that this is not the forum for this type of discussion --- but you kind of opened the door here)............please tell us what you want your life to look like five years from now.

Being 26, still in debt on a personal loan, a broken Mustang in the garage leaking oil and coolant into two pans, another car payment so that you can have a car to drive, AND still living at home --- won't look so pretty then, will it?



His plans are probably to pay the loan off early since he makes 50k a year. Sounds easy enough. Hell we all say we will pay stuff off early when we are younger. Then a few years later something changes in our life. Wife kids school etc and the loans are never paid off early. And that's what he is not realizing. So few people who get a loan with the intent to pay it off early actually do said thing.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #164
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Congrats on getting good grades. One last question though (and I fully realize that this is not the forum for this type of discussion --- but you kind of opened the door here)............please tell us what you want your life to look like five years from now.
Being 26, still in debt on a personal loan, a broken Mustang in the garage leaking oil and coolant into two pans, another car payment so that you can have a car to drive, AND still living at home --- won't look so pretty then, will it?
You just described half of the junior enlisted force in the military. What happens when you give a 19/20 year old a good paying job and benefits and literally zero financial skills besides "pay all bills on time" and they think that finances will be easy.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20prima10 View Post
His plans are probably to pay the loan off early since he makes 50k a year. Sounds easy enough. Hell we all say we will pay stuff off early when we are younger. Then a few years later something changes in our life. Wife kids school etc and the loans are never paid off early. And that's what he is not realizing. So few people who get a loan with the intent to pay it off early actually do said thing.

That is exactly my intention. I figure if I can pay off a car and a motorcycle then I can pay a loan. I'm not even going to respond to that question for the simple fact that the loan will be paid off before I turn 22. 😁


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:38 PM   #166
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
You guys are assuming that I'm going to make the minimum payments on my loan but that's not the case.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #167
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
This.....
When I blew my first motor, I was out for a month.
Thankfully, my loving mother let me use her car (although she really hated what I was doing... s/o to mama hooda )



Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is why I'm waiting until the summer to start it so if something happens then I can ride my motorcycle until I figure something out.


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Congrats on getting good grades. One last question though (and I fully realize that this is not the forum for this type of discussion --- but you kind of opened the door here)............please tell us what you want your life to look like five years from now.
Being 26, still in debt on a personal loan, a broken Mustang in the garage leaking oil and coolant into two pans, another car payment so that you can have a car to drive, AND still living at home --- won't look so pretty then, will it?
Is this a mustang website or a financial advisor site? Ba ha ha ha. Who cares what the OP wants his future to be in 5 years or 20 years? Who cares where the OP sees himself in his future. The OP's finances is of no concern to us. The OP can spend 35k on cocaine and sniff it off strippers backsides if he likes. All good by us because the OP is not our responsibility.

Many of the highly knowledgeable members here have tried to guide the OP into making and rethinking this decision however the OP is not interested. I say, fantastic let the build begin. I for one and super excited to see this build. I'm completely cool with the OP dropping 30k plus on this build because it ain't my money.

If I personally had 35k lying around no way in gods green earth would I throw that into a 3.7 build but rock out. I like it. Build it and they will come.

Build it, build it, build it. Ha ha ha

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:21 PM   #169
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
Building engine

^ sounds good. A cyclone with that kind of power would really cool to see.


Pick your poison.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:31 PM   #170
Registered Member
Regular
 
20prima10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Flint mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 765
What will be really cool is the aftermath photos of when the throws a rod 👍🏻
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:41 PM   #171
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20prima10 View Post
What will be really cool is the aftermath photos of when the throws a rod 👍🏻
I'm sure he will provide those pictures as well!

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:44 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
^ sounds good. A cyclone with that kind of power would really cool to see.


Pick your poison.
Amen, I agree

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:44 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Locust grove
Region: Georgia
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Is this a mustang website or a financial advisor site? Ba ha ha ha. Who cares what the OP wants his future to be in 5 years or 20 years? Who cares where the OP sees himself in his future. The OP's finances is of no concern to us. The OP can spend 35k on cocaine and sniff it off strippers backsides if he likes. All good by us because the OP is not our responsibility.

Many of the highly knowledgeable members here have tried to guide the OP into making and rethinking this decision however the OP is not interested. I say, fantastic let the build begin. I for one and super excited to see this build. I'm completely cool with the OP dropping 30k plus on this build because it ain't my money.

If I personally had 35k lying around no way in gods green earth would I throw that into a 3.7 build but rock out. I like it. Build it and they will come.

Build it, build it, build it. Ha ha ha

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!

Thank you!!!!!


2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
2.73 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #174
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,610
The people (like me) telling him this is a bad idea are those who have done similar in the past. I didn't listen when I was his age and understand that he won't listen and he'll probably tell some other 20 year old similar advice to what we are giving him in 10-15 years and they won't listen.


If he wants to save up the $$$ and get it all done that's one thing. Not the smartest thing maybe but you only live once and no monthly payments to worry about. Doing a personal loan to do this is going to be a financial disaster. And everyone says/thinks they are going to pay it off early. Till you get other expenses, want to be able to take the GF out, or you decide to buy a house after getting sick and damn tired of living at home or your job situation changes etc... Debt free=freedom. I personally found that out the hard way and only now am coming out of it. I do not wish it on anyone else.


Basically, those of us who are telling him that he's stupid for taking out a loan to do this are only telling him this because we are trying to help, not because we think building a V6 is stupid or want to see him fail because we are mean or something.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #175
Registered Member

Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Spokane
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The people (like me) telling him this is a bad idea are those who have done similar in the past. I didn't listen when I was his age and understand that he won't listen and he'll probably tell some other 20 year old similar advice to what we are giving him in 10-15 years and they won't listen.


If he wants to save up the $$$ and get it all done that's one thing. Not the smartest thing maybe but you only live once and no monthly payments to worry about. Doing a personal loan to do this is going to be a financial disaster. And everyone says/thinks they are going to pay it off early. Till you get other expenses, want to be able to take the GF out, or you decide to buy a house after getting sick and damn tired of living at home or your job situation changes etc... Debt free=freedom. I personally found that out the hard way and only now am coming out of it. I do not wish it on anyone else.


Basically, those of us who are telling him that he's stupid for taking out a loan to do this are only telling him this because we are trying to help, not because we think building a V6 is stupid or want to see him fail because we are mean or something.
Thank you........
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions on building/rebuilding an engine for a 65' Willi960 Classic Mustangs 3 07-24-2012 01:04 AM
Building Engine from scratch Parts list PureVenom 1979-1995 Mustang GT 3 09-15-2010 10:05 PM
Building An Engine From Scratch OsirisGuy Classic Mustangs 10 07-08-2007 05:29 PM
Building up an engine to run a Blower on a V6... BlueThunder Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 10 11-02-2004 07:12 PM
Building a engine that is able to take a turbo. Dom Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 26 04-12-2004 10:40 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:45 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.