reducing exhaust sound? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2016, 07:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
reducing exhaust sound?

Sup guys, with a lethal H and ATAK's the sound is amazing. But at 3k rpm it really screams and will tame itself out if i let off the gas a bit. Any inexpensive way to reduce that particular part? Getting gears done tomorrow so I know that im gonna be revving way more. I tend to shift around 2.5 but not sure how thats gonna work out with teh new 4.10's. I dont wanna say its like bees in a can but its loud. And maybe like bees in a can lol.
But i really dont want to take off that h pipe or weld anything on there. Any suggestions? I was thinking of getting s-types or tourings but that is a last resort.
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2016, 07:43 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Now this is a new one; wanting to "snuff" some sound...
Without welding in resonators, your only choice would be to swap out the axle backs.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez8191 View Post
Sup guys, with a lethal H and ATAK's the sound is amazing. But at 3k rpm it really screams and will tame itself out if i let off the gas a bit. Any inexpensive way to reduce that particular part? Getting gears done tomorrow so I know that im gonna be revving way more. I tend to shift around 2.5 but not sure how thats gonna work out with teh new 4.10's. I dont wanna say its like bees in a can but its loud. And maybe like bees in a can lol.
But i really dont want to take off that h pipe or weld anything on there. Any suggestions? I was thinking of getting s-types or tourings but that is a last resort.
Somewhere the ATAK designers at Borla are smiling at this post Sounds like you have a sick setup!

Former:Black 2003 Mustang GT
Blkstang47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2016, 08:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I dont have a muffler, with shortyheaders and a catless x-pipe. I was like you then I just dealt with it and took the compliments.
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:17 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Guy buys race car. Makes race car louder. Now guy complains it's to loud. 👍👍🏻👍👍🏻

Just pulling your tail friend.

As stated before you can weld in resonators or change axle backs. Honestly though. Spend the money and weld in resonators. I guarantee you'll love the sound more. Plus it's cheaper than new axle backs. But if you swap axle backs let me know and I'll buy the Borlas from you. I got a buddy looking for some.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20prima10 View Post
Guy buys race car. Makes race car louder. Now guy complains it's to loud.

Just pulling your tail friend.

As stated before you can weld in resonators or change axle backs. Honestly though. Spend the money and weld in resonators. I guarantee you'll love the sound more. Plus it's cheaper than new axle backs. But if you swap axle backs let me know and I'll buy the Borlas from you. I got a buddy looking for some.
Lol I know what your saying. thing is when I got the ATAK's I didnt know how teh o/r H was gonna be lol. I like ti dont get me wrong but holy moly it can get crazy if you let it. Im gonna take a look at how much its gonna be to weld on some resonators then. Any estimates? Suggestions on good ones to make it as deep sounding as possible?
martinez8191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
The longer the reso the deeper tone produced. Also the deeper you go the quieter the car might appear. Human ears hear high pitched noises more easily than deeper. So the deeper an exhaust gets the quieter it will sound. I would recommend 19-22" resonators. I'm using 21 and love it.

Price wise I think I paid 45$ a piece and welded them in myself. But a shop shouldn't charge you more than an hour labor. I did mine with jacks stands and it took me 15min a side between cutting fitting and welding up and leak tested them.
20prima10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
lolol oh man. ataks with the off road h.. i feel bad for you. hahaha the ataks alone are loud as hell. I even thought about swapping out for stingers lol

Sent from my Note 4
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:06 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
Get some Dynomax Race bullets and use them as resonators, it will take out some rasp, and tone down the sound a little bit, I have them on my set up and they have worked wonders.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Resonators are the best way to go with the lethal h

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust