My warranty is almost up... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2016, 09:43 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Ain't "NO" way at all. I'm not blind and I already drove one.
Oh! They both have four wheel with rubber tires on them.
I may be old but I sure as hell ain't blind.
I ain't stupid either.
The Mustang is proportionately very good looking all the way around, Front, Back and both sides
The Camaro looks good from the side but the front and rear are atrocious (UGLY) and the cheap crap interior is awful.
I guess some people like them but I sure as heck don't.
The Mustangs just look "RIGHT" and OK but not as nice looking as my 2012 MCA
Ronnie
I think it may just be the difference of looking for differences vs. looking for similarities.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2016, 10:14 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Ain't "NO" way at all. I'm not blind and I already drove one.
Oh! They both have four wheel with rubber tires on them.
I may be old but I sure as hell ain't blind.
I ain't stupid either.
The Mustang is proportionately very good looking all the way around, Front, Back and both sides
The Camaro looks good from the side but the front and rear are atrocious (UGLY) and the cheap crap interior is awful.
I guess some people like them but I sure as heck don't.
The Mustangs just look "RIGHT" and OK but not as nice looking as my 2012 MCA
Ronnie
My dear mustang friend, The 15-16 mustang does not look good all around. The rear end on the S550 looks like a$$ and horrible. The fusion corporate front is okay at best and the side profile is okay. The S550 on looks doesn't even come close to the sexyness of the S197.

The 2016 Camaro looks good. Now I can see the similarities between the 2016 Camaro and the S550. They both have 4 rubber tires, wipers, glass front windshield and a radio. Besides that can't really see how they look alike. If I were in the market for a new pony car it wouldn't be the S550. I don't care how good of a ride it gives. Its a euro looking sports car and no muscle.

The 2016 Camaro has lots of muscle but fails to my S197. Ha ha ha

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:52 AM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

^ My main beef with the Camaro (and Challenger) is the god-awful visibility and gargantuan blind spots. That's one thing that Ford knocked out of the park with the 10-14 'stangs.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2016, 01:14 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
^ My main beef with the Camaro (and Challenger) is the god-awful visibility and gargantuan blind spots. That's one thing that Ford knocked out of the park with the 10-14 'stangs.
Totally agree. The visibility sucks in the Camaro.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:39 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
BMR rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
haha i guess, but i'm not ripping on it or anything, so i'm hoping mine won't explode lol.

you guys have me all unsure. meh whatever. my plan is to hopefully get the new gen 5.0 for like the '18 or '19 year, once they work out the kinks and stuff with the new redesign, so maybe i'll just keep rockin with this for a while.
Buy BMR poly bushing lca's and adj. panhard, you'll thank me later.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:03 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
the rear of the s550 isn't great, and i personally think the 13 and 14 is best, but it's grown on me. however the rear of the camaro is horrible. it's that typical boring bland Chevy look that ever rear of their cars has today. they can't design a rear end to save their lives. the front ends are interesting but once you hit the back, it's a generic ugly Chevy look. so no, i'd never buy a camaro lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Looks wise the S550 and the Camaro are meh, but the Camaro will wtfpwn it in performance. The Challenger is the one you get if you want something that looks great. As piggish as those are I'd have to think with an automatic and a good converter and a steep set of gears and some nice tires they could really move out.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #43
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I like the Challenger and I do like the Charger Hellcats but neither are the same type of car as the Mustang or Camaro.
707 Horsepower is sure nice if that's what you want.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:10 AM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
My warranty is almost up...

Out of the three today, if I had to buy a new car,; I'd be driving the Challenger home. Looks a lot better than the other two.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Out of the three today, if I had to buy a new car,; I'd be driving the Challenger home. Looks a lot better than the other two.

Pick your poison.
And its not even really close either. I dunno how freaking Dodge of all car makers got it so right and Ford got it so wrong. GM I can see getting it wrong but at least the Camaro can perform although they had the Corvette team and Cadillac to steal stuff from so...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:33 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
And its not even really close either. I dunno how freaking Dodge of all car makers got it so right and Ford got it so wrong. GM I can see getting it wrong but at least the Camaro can perform although they had the Corvette team and Cadillac to steal stuff from so...

Honestly, I prefer a Trans Am/GTO over a Camaro. I think they look a lot better than the Camaros. Then again I think Ford nailed the Fourth gen and 05-09 cars. After that I didn't really care for the looks of them as much.

Pick your poison.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:15 PM   #47
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'm talking about the current crop.

As far as older cars, I honestly don't like the look of any of the F bodies and the Holden GTO looks like a balloon on wheels. But they all kick *** performance wise especially a low mileage LS1 F body if you can find one in good shape and the Holden GTO has such a nicer interior its crazy.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Hopefully the new body update on the S550 is an improvement and not the other way around.

Pick your poison.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #49
Staff
Regular
Staff

They're going to have to do a LOT to help out the back end. The front shouldn't be too hard of a fix.

And they are probably going to have to go with FI if they are going to want to stay on the same performance level as GM although from 93-02 having literally like 80rwhp less for the GT vs the F body didn't stop Mustang sales one bit.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Maybe they could make the coyote just a little bit bigger.

Pick your poison.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I think Ford should have continued the retro look, Porsche has made a fortune making 911 clones. 2015 + Stangs now look like every other car. Look at this side view pic of the new Mustang and Camaro...You can barely tell them apart.

iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:53 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looks wise the S550 and the Camaro are meh, but the Camaro will wtfpwn it in performance. The Challenger is the one you get if you want something that looks great. As piggish as those are I'd have to think with an automatic and a good converter and a steep set of gears and some nice tires they could really move out.
good god, why the hell would i buy a muscle car in an automatic? that's like, insulting to me lol

i love challengers. my plan before the stang was to find a hemi challenger, but then i realized it would be too expensive, it would be too much insurance...so i went back to my original plan of a blacked out 'stang
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 01-20-2016, 05:43 PM   #53
Registered Member

Regular

They're a little pricey.

Pick your poison.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:13 PM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

My solution is to finish restoring my dad's '69 Camaro SS and start driving it as much as he'll let me. Hands-down that car beats anything offered today by the Big Three in the coolness department.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:24 PM   #55
Registered Member

Regular

Nothing today has the coolness factor that the classics have, in my opinion.

Pick your poison.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:38 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

69 camaro ss is sweet. that was the best year. loved the rs/ss with the headlight covers. so many diff options for appearance that year and stuff. my hands down all time fav car ever though is a 70 chevelle ss 454 ls6. such a beast

Old 01-21-2016, 01:29 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
why do you think dealers try to push them on you... it's for them... not you.
lots of profit for the dealer
dziba191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:59 PM   #58
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
good god, why the hell would i buy a muscle car in an automatic? that's like, insulting to me lol

i love challengers. my plan before the stang was to find a hemi challenger, but then i realized it would be too expensive, it would be too much insurance...so i went back to my original plan of a blacked out 'stang
Because on a Challenger especially the auto is going to be way faster of the two.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #59
Staff
Regular
Staff

Just priced out a Challenger RT Scat Pack with just basic stuff with the 8 speed auto and it still came to $40k yeesh... Although for what you get it's pretty damn nice.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:39 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just priced out a Challenger RT Scat Pack with just basic stuff with the 8 speed auto and it still came to $40k yeesh... Although for what you get it's pretty damn nice.
that's it? hellcat is what, in the 60's? 40 doesn't seem TOO bad for that version, unless the RT isn't the top of the line? i forget what they did..at one point the SRT was, which made no sense because back in the day, RT was...so i hvae no idea wtf chrysler is doing anymore.

new charger sucks. so ugly. why the hell did they redesign it? the 13/14 with the cool redesigned rear and the mean front were badass. now it just looks like a damn rounded out 4 door sedan. so dumb.

also ew auto. sorry, i don't care how much faster an auto might make it, i would never in my life buy an automatic muscle car. that's just not fun to me. the only time i'd buy an auto is when i'm like 65...then again, my parents are 65 and 66 and still drive stick daily
Old 01-21-2016, 05:46 PM   #61
Registered Member

Regular

Scat pack is an R/T with an SRT8 engine and some other goodies.
Challenger food chain goes:
Hellcat
SRT8/Scat Pack
R/T
V6

Pick your poison.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

ahh. rt should be top. lol

Old 01-21-2016, 07:15 PM   #63
Registered Member

Regular

Isn't like the old days. R/T is the runt, excluding the Scat Pack of course.

Pick your poison.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:20 PM   #64
Staff
Regular
Staff

I honestly don't see the appeal to anything besides the RT Scat Pack unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket.

I'm imagine the SRT8 engine will take to exhaust/tune/cam swap real well and at that point with the auto and a good converter I can't see needing too much more power than that even with a 4400lb car on the street... Toss a shot of nitrous on it for track days. The Hellcat is cool but its way too much money for my taste plus I'd rather have the R/T for the name/history vs a SRT.

I'll take one in Plum Crazy with a matte black hood and a nice set of bigs/littles on it. Yes please.

Man I dunno honestly maybe in a few years when I have no car payments and the rest of my debt is gone I'll start looking into getting a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger brand new.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:46 PM   #65
Registered Member

Regular

I wouldn't mind having one of the 4. Specifically the Hellcat.

Pick your poison.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Chevy's and Dodge's suck, I'd take that ugly new Mustang every-time thank you.
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:10 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

haha i wouldn't say they suck at all! i love em all in the end. challenger is def one of my favorites with the mustang, honestly.

plumb crazy for me, too, man. love that color. imagine with a white interior? 1970, here i come!

also, just got my stang back today..they replaced the windshield since they cracked it when trying to fix my rear view mirror rattle haha..so i got a new windshield and mirror...and it's gonna snow like 12 inches, so i've got her in the garage to settle.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:14 PM   #68
Registered Member

Regular

I used to like Plum Crazy. I got tired of it. 10x as many Plum Crazy cars now than they made back then. Painted mine Top Banana. But hey what ever floats your boat.

Pick your poison.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #69
Staff
Regular
Staff

Ok then a black on black RT like Blade's.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 01-22-2016, 07:32 PM   #70
Registered Member

Regular

So, we're talking about Chargers now?
That thing was cool too. They blew it up in the third movie didn't they?

Pick your poison.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang