My warranty is almost up... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2016, 07:43 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Check your battery for cracks. Search and you will see it is a VERY common problem.
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2016, 08:27 PM   #72
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
No I mean the new challenger looks more like the classic charger than the classic challenger imo.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbamafan View Post
Check your battery for cracks. Search and you will see it is a VERY common problem.
batteries are covered under warranty too? huh, i thought it was just normal use.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
No I mean the new challenger looks more like the classic charger than the classic challenger imo.

You think?
Click image for larger version

Name:	challenger '15 vs '70 challenger-charger.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	196122
1st - 2015 Challenger
2nd - 1970 Challenger
3rd - 1970 Charger

Maybe the '68 or '69 more so.

Name:	68 Charger.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	196124

Name:	69 charger.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	196123
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 01:49 PM   #75
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
I'll take them all.

Pick your poison.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #76
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Just caught this thread. Back to your original question: I got the Ford phone calls/mail about buying extended warranty as a year started to pass. My thinking then (just six months ago) is the same as now. One of the draws for the 3.7 to me was that I got good gas mileage and the car was effectively modular. I've replaced a lot of stuff (out of 'want' not 'need') and continue to be impressed at how easy the car is to work on. Couple that with my really having no problems with it, made opting to not buy the warranty right for me. Short of the AC unit going belly up or trans problems, it really isn't worth it. However, as I have encroached well into middle age, I'm at a place in my life where if something breaks I just throw money at the problem to make it go away. Thirty years ago when I was struggling to makes ends meet and pay tuition - that was a different story. Not knowing how old you are, I'd suggest asking yourself if you had a $1,000 surprise happen suddenly, would Ramen Noodles and Peanut Butter constitute at least two meals a day for you? I'm kidding but not entirely. Surprises always hurt worse than budgeted and expected expenses. Two cents from the old guy for your consideration. Good luck.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:57 PM   #77
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Best Chicken noodle soup--And Cheap

Ingrediants:::
Ramen Noodles ( Chicken Flavor)
Progresso Tuscan Chicken Broth ( Must be Tuscan)
Sliced or caned Chicken
Morton seasoning

Recipe:
1 Cup of water to a boil
1 & 3/4 cups of the Progresso Broth.
When it boils again add the packet from the ramen noodle package. ( Stir)
Set timer for three minutes ( Important)
Add the noodles.(Stir)
After first minute add the amount of chicken you would like.
add just a tad of Mortons seasoning
Cook for two more minutes
Done,
Sprinkle a little parsley ( Only for garnish)

This is my very secrete recipe and I'm only sharing it with you all so you can now afford to get an extended warranty, If not the warranty you can afford any repairs needed.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:18 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Just caught this thread. Back to your original question: I got the Ford phone calls/mail about buying extended warranty as a year started to pass. My thinking then (just six months ago) is the same as now. One of the draws for the 3.7 to me was that I got good gas mileage and the car was effectively modular. I've replaced a lot of stuff (out of 'want' not 'need') and continue to be impressed at how easy the car is to work on. Couple that with my really having no problems with it, made opting to not buy the warranty right for me. Short of the AC unit going belly up or trans problems, it really isn't worth it. However, as I have encroached well into middle age, I'm at a place in my life where if something breaks I just throw money at the problem to make it go away. Thirty years ago when I was struggling to makes ends meet and pay tuition - that was a different story. Not knowing how old you are, I'd suggest asking yourself if you had a $1,000 surprise happen suddenly, would Ramen Noodles and Peanut Butter constitute at least two meals a day for you? I'm kidding but not entirely. Surprises always hurt worse than budgeted and expected expenses. Two cents from the old guy for your consideration. Good luck.
good advice. I'm in a position where if something happened, I wouldn't have a problem throwing money down to fix it. just wasn't sure really because I've never had a car crap out really (only had 2 cars prior, a 91 Nissan pickup and an 01 Frontier.) I've read the Mustang is pretty good quality wise, but i also hear about the control arms going bad, the throttle body, etc. I already had my rear end fixed when the pinion seal leaked, so that's good.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 01-23-2016, 10:39 PM   #79
Registered Member

Regular

Also worth considering is that if you are comfortable paying money to do repairs as needed, you can choose what shop you use--and not have to leave your precious in the Cro-Magnon hands of FoMoCo dealership service techs.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:12 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Also worth considering is that if you are comfortable paying money to do repairs as needed, you can choose what shop you use--and not have to leave your precious in the Cro-Magnon hands of FoMoCo dealership service techs.
that's true, but who's to say any other shop is any better? mechanics in general are just as sleazy as car salesmen..until you find a good one you can legit trust, they'll all try to screw you.

i've got a guy who seems to be pretty good that my dad's been going to for years, so that's good.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:59 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordwhite View Post
Chevy's and Dodge's suck, I'd take that ugly new Mustang every-time thank you.

Makes my heart happy lol. Mustang forever 👌🏼

2012 Kona Blue MCA 3.7
Ford Racing Axelbacks
Airaid CAI
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:32 AM   #82
Staff
Regular
Staff

Oh I'd buy an 11/12 GT before anything for sure but if someone said I had to buy new... The Mustang is now worse in every category than the Camaro and not as powerful or good looking as a 6.4L Challenger. Bleh.

2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #83
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
that's true, but who's to say any other shop is any better? mechanics in general are just as sleazy as car salesmen..until you find a good one you can legit trust, they'll all try to screw you
At a minimum, you've got more choices when picking independent shops vs dealers, so probability of finding a good indrpendent shop > probability of finding dealer with good service dept.
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:06 PM   #84
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
My warranty is almost up...

You could also make the argument that some people want jobs done for very little to nothing. There's a good amount of those people in our area. Giving work away doesn't pay bills.

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:36 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
First of all, our car is very reliable and tough to destroy.

Second, if you are like me and want to mod your car, the warranty is void anyway, am I right? Why spend money for something you will be declined later on.

Last but not the least, when things are broken, it is time to upgrade, am I right? Isn't it fun to work on it yourself?

The bottom line is that it is rare your car will have a blown motor or transmission these days. I think this is a very easy decision.
2014 Mustang 3.7L cyclone engine with 6 spd transmission. Mods: 93 MPT Race Tune, 3.31 Gears, Airaid CAI, BBK Shorty Ceramic Headers, Corsa Sport axle backs, Strut Tower Brace, Steeda rear seat X-brace, BMR Rear LCAs, GT wheels, MGW race spec shifter, Passenger seat delete, spare tire delete, Moroso battery relocation to the trunk.
liv4spd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang