Ford Racing Wheel Caps - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-20-2016, 05:27 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Ford Racing Wheel Caps

Dear Lord above! Does anyone know where I can get some Ford Racing Wheel Caps for less than 55 bucks a hit?!
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2016, 09:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
americanmuscle.com has them for $45

2012 Kona Blue MCA 3.7
Ford Racing Axelbacks
Airaid CAI

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

http://www.americanmuscle.com/buceca...blue&GID=50302

2012 Kona Blue MCA 3.7
Ford Racing Axelbacks
Airaid CAI
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Plenty of caps on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2016, 05:50 PM   #4
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

These are the ones I'm looking for. Ford Racing Mustang Center Cap M-1096-FR1 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping I'm dropped $50 on lots of impulse purchases in the past but $230 for four plastic caps is too much for the middle aged mizer side. I keep cruising the for sale forum and ebay hoping against hope however.
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Old 01-21-2016, 06:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Just glad my Ford Racing wheels came with the tri bar pony, so I have 4 extras.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Log in to AM and stick those in your cart. They will email you a discount code the next couple days after. Who knows what it will be. Worth a try

2012 Kona Blue MCA 3.7
Ford Racing Axelbacks
Airaid CAI
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:57 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
That's just how much they cost new for OEM... I had a set that I was thinking of keeping when I sold my AFS wheels I had them in. I was taking $425 for the wheels and the guy told me he'd give me $500 if I threw the caps in. I threw the caps in.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I bought a set off eBay. Guy said they were off his car, in good shape, which they were. Looked like he just pried them off which broke a tab here n there (fully disclosed in listing) but made me think he could've pried them off any car. If you by off eBay, ask seller of they did this or pushed them off with wheels off. I don't like the idea of promoting theft, or laziness for that matter but to each his own.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

%*$#% snow has me cooped up, looking at stuff and obsessing... I can't help myself! $221 later after forum discount on AM. Will post pics up of my overpriced plastic Ford Racing wheel caps after they get here and I pop them on. Alex, if there is a sale on these coming up, I don't want to know anything about it!

The thing that pushed me over the edge was seeing a pic of them on my rims over at CJ's. http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-raci...2014/p/W108-V/ Kills me the rim with the cap is $160. The cap alone is $60. Wow.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:56 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Fudge brownies! I finally make the leap and just got a follow up email about my order from AM. "Item temporarily out of stock." I ended up ordering them from CJ's but I tell you, AM's shipping can't be beat. CJ's always takes at least a week where AM is one to two business days. My heart was in the right place at least Alex.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Fudge brownies! I finally make the leap and just got a follow up email about my order from AM. "Item temporarily out of stock." I ended up ordering them from CJ's but I tell you, AM's shipping can't be beat. CJ's always takes at least a week where AM is one to two business days. My heart was in the right place at least Alex.
That's weird. I've always gotten CJ and AM orders in the same time frame (next day, if I order before ~2pm).

I'm guessing you won't be making the trip this Saturday anymore? Damn snow!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:48 PM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

CJ and LRS ship just as fast as AM. How fast it gets to you is dependent on proximity. Although I ALWAYS get LRS stuff in 3 days via UPS.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
%*$#% snow has me cooped up, looking at stuff and obsessing... I can't help myself! $221 later after forum discount on AM. Will post pics up of my overpriced plastic Ford Racing wheel caps after they get here and I pop them on. Alex, if there is a sale on these coming up, I don't want to know anything about it!

The thing that pushed me over the edge was seeing a pic of them on my rims over at CJ's. Ford Racing Mustang Wheel 18"X8" Spyder Matte Black 2005-2014 Kills me the rim with the cap is $160. The cap alone is $60. Wow.
Exactly why I went the eBay route. How about the air box grommets (isolators)? Two pcs of rubber under your air box, $24.99! Most parts are priced decent imo but those and the wheel caps are just crazy! And yeah, then you have a hard time finding them!?! Who is buying them all???
Old 01-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I know you probably don't want to hear this. Tasa Parts $46 ea,= total $184 no tax.
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:47 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Actually Ox, I looked at the Tasa units. They are the M-1096-FR units not the M-1096-FR1s. Small differences but it was the small differences that made is "right". Also, I think Saturday is out Ox. We have sleet falling here in the 'burg now on top of maybe an inch of snow. Took 90 minutes for me to get from Hampton to home in Williamsburg at noon. We'll catch up soon.

Scotty, I know. Both are in PA so you'd think it'd be the same but AM is always within two business days and CJs is always a week. SMH on that one.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Actually Ox, I looked at the Tasa units. They are the M-1096-FR units not the M-1096-FR1s. Small differences but it was the small differences that made is "right". Also, I think Saturday is out Ox. We have sleet falling here in the 'burg now on top of maybe an inch of snow. Took 90 minutes for me to get from Hampton to home in Williamsburg at noon. We'll catch up soon.

Scotty, I know. Both are in PA so you'd think it'd be the same but AM is always within two business days and CJs is always a week. SMH on that one.
I'm glad they weren't the ones you wanted. I hate it when I find out later I should have had patients. Patients is a virtue, I have no virtue.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #17
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Caps came in yesterday. Seven day transit time with weather so I can't complain except this is par for the course with CJs. I really like em' but the "Sure Post" shipping which is UPS to my town USPS office so they can do final delivery the next day still has me scratching. Anyway, final product here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0129161710.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	455.2 KB
ID:	196361   Click image for larger version

Name:	0129161710a.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	496.3 KB
ID:	196362  

Old 01-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well you had to wait but it looks like it was worth it. Damn spiffy.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:00 PM   #19
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Thanks brother. Now to take the wife out for dinner to muddy the waters of guilt and her all knowing perception in hopes of avoiding the infamous "What did you buy this time?"
Old 01-29-2016, 05:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks brother. Now to take the wife out for dinner to muddy the waters of guilt and her all knowing perception in hopes of avoiding the infamous "What did you buy this time?"
Look great!
Lol, that's why I have parts shipped to my work address. Let her eat beans and rice dammit, I need more parts! Lmao
Old 01-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Those look right nice! We just ordered the chrome AM centers for our black bullitts. They came usps. Took 5 days to get here on the left coast. Amazing how a little contrast can really make a difference to a part.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:01 PM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff

I guess the good thing about the AM replicas is that you are forced to not have to pay $200 for OEM caps.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I guess the good thing about the AM replicas is that you are forced to not have to pay $200 for OEM caps.

I need to make it clear, we bought the cheap plastic AM centers, not the Ford Racing centers.
I'm too cheap, retired, and on a fixed income, so I have to take it some what easy with the parts gettin.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:34 PM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol got it. If I get the AM rims I'll wind up getting the $7 each AM plain caps and then see if I can get some good Steeda logo stickers that will not fly off to put on them.

With as cheap as the plain caps are, I have no idea why ppl leave the AM branded caps on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang