Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2013 leather seats swap to 2011?

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  ZombieSlayer 
#1 ·
Has anyone done this yet? I know the airbag harness is different but if I left it disconnected, would that cause any other problems? I would think it would be like putting a set of racing seats in with out airbags

Thanks in advance!

Ig: 3.7_THOR

2011 3.7 mustang

#3 ·
I'd recommend to enjoy leather seats in your Lexus or Cadillac, but keep your Mustang this way.

Leather seats are not for track use. It will make your butt slip out of your seat much easier. Plus, they add weight to your car.

#4 ·
There are resistor kits for around $75 that disable the side airbag sensors/dash light. Recaro makes one... just google it. You can DIY too for way cheaper but you'll have to research that on your own, I have no idea how to do it but I know ppl do it.

#5 · (Edited)
I'm getting ready to do the reverse.......2011 shelby leather covers on my 2013. The
seat covers are the same....both have air bag provisions on the outer top bolsters.
The only difference is that the headrest covers are different between the 2011
and the 2013.... but the 2013 leather headrests will work in your 2011 seat frames
If the air bag wiring is different on the 2013 seats, just swap out the seat covers and not the whole seat. The air bags are part of the seat, not the upholstery. If you are talking about putting 2013 recaros in a 2011 car, then that's a problem.

#10 ·
You can get a Ford dealership to sync the SRS components. OR, what I did was, I took the leather covers off the seats that were going to be swapped in, and I put them on my old seats. Since the old seats were the original SRS sync'd seats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.