Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2016, 09:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Exhaust

I'm not sure if this exact question has been asked. But I'm putting a entire exhaust system on my 14 3.7. I'm putting bbk tuned length shorty headers and a lethal performance off road h pipe. Now here is the question, the h pipe is 2.5 in, and I'm also wanting the flowmaster American thunder for a gt, because I like the 44 series muffler instead of the flowmaster 60 series v6 kit, but would it be better to use gt over the axle pipes so that the axle back fits correctly or is it possible to use the v6 over axle pipe
Acaudill23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2016, 10:59 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
If you want it to fit easy and not ruin the exhaust system by cutting it up, get the GT or GT500 over the axle pipes.

Side note, your car is going to sound like a giant Honda turd with the setup you are talking about. #raspcity

Vote Ox Mustang of the Year πŸ˜¬πŸ‘πŸ»
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Would the v6 flowmaster 60 series make it not raspy? I know everyone wants thier cars to sound like a v8 and I know it's not possible, but I want my car to sound good. Just a low growl, because the stock setup sucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2016, 11:56 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

If you want to avoid rasp on your v6, get a quality muffler. Borla s types are the best I've heard in a v6

Old 01-31-2016, 02:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Would the shorties be good for sound? Or would long tubes be good.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:08 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acaudill23 View Post
Would the shorties be good for sound? Or would long tubes be good.

I've heard a set up with LTs, off road X, and borla s-types and it was pretty awesome. Still some rasp, but it was beastly.

From what I've heard others say, SHORTIES don't make much difference.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

What about lt with a h pipe. I'm a big fan of h pipes for sound
Old 01-31-2016, 03:30 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
What about lt with a h pipe. I'm a big fan of h pipes for sound

Not sure. I'm sure someone else can weigh in on that.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I found this on YouTube and like this sound. How would a setup like this sound in person in terms of raspy ness. Because it sounds good on YouTube

Old 01-31-2016, 05:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Leave everything stock and get the Borlas. It just seems like (to me) that anytime someone starts messing with the v6 exhaust, the more they do to it, the raspier it sounds. Unless, of course, you're going for rasp.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The shorties do a lot more than just the sound.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
14mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:03 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Not sure. I'm sure someone else can weigh in on that.

Vote Ox Mustang of the Year 😬👍🏻
I have Borla S-types on my V6 with an H-pipe, granted it's not the 3.7, but I would imagine the sound would be somewhere in the ballpark of it.

That's a fairly true-to-life sounding video and I've had absolutely no complaints with my Borlas (aside from trying to be quiet when I come home late at night)
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 04:27 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
I'm not sure if this exact question has been asked. But I'm putting a entire exhaust system on my 14 3.7. I'm putting bbk tuned length shorty headers and a lethal performance off road h pipe. Now here is the question, the h pipe is 2.5 in, and I'm also wanting the flowmaster American thunder for a gt, because I like the 44 series muffler instead of the flowmaster 60 series v6 kit, but would it be better to use gt over the axle pipes so that the axle back fits correctly or is it possible to use the v6 over axle pipe
The first thing to create rasp is in red, the second you do anything off road you have Rasp with the 3.7.
I have been told by more than 1 person how good my car sounds and it has both stock cats and resonators on it, but it is your car, do with it what you want.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:01 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
As soon as people start replacing the mid pipes the sound goes all to hell on the V6s. Go shorties and your AB of choice and call it a day.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:22 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
I found this on YouTube and like this sound. How would a setup like this sound in person in terms of raspy ness. Because it sounds good on YouTube

Set-up in video = Airaid CAI, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut & Clamp X-Pipe, Magnaflow Competition
No rasp because it still has the stock cats and resonators. And the shorties help deepen the sound. The X-Pipe in this case, I believe is fine.
The only thing you don't know is whether the Magnaflow with have some drone somewhere in the RPM range.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:41 AM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Yup, Borla S-Types for the V6 is a great combination. I've had mine on for 2 years and just love them. Get compliments all the time on the sound and look. Go to Borla's website and read about the science of exhaust systems to see where these guys are coming from.

Borla FAQ

They also come with a 1,000,000 mile warranty
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:16 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Don't know how the Magnaflows are going to sound with the Shorties, but stock exhaust manifolds to my ears they had the drone from hell at highway speeds, enough it sounded like the car was vibrating apart
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust