0-60 question for 3.7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
0-60 question for 3.7

I have the dash command app and I was running 0-60s for the first time . My mods are just axle backs , cold air intake , BBK throttle body , and 93 race time from Bama ... I hit 5.2 seconds which I was surprised at a little ...thought I would be closer to 6 . Anyway just wondering how accurate dash command is if anyone has experience with these odb2 apps. Also have manual tran

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
potvins cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2016, 01:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by potvins cups View Post
I have the dash command app and I was running 0-60s for the first time . My mods are just axle backs , cold air intake , BBK throttle body , and 93 race time from Bama ... I hit 5.2 seconds which I was surprised at a little ...thought I would be closer to 6 . Anyway just wondering how accurate dash command is if anyone has experience with these odb2 apps. Also have manual tran

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Not very accurate for 0-60 mph. The car is moving faster than dash command to register the actual speed on WOT runs. Dash command speed is actually behind because of the delay

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 06:15 AM   #3

Region: Massachusetts
All of the apps that provide speed type functions utilize the accelerometers and timers built into the phone and don't use any data from the OBD port.

The piezoelectric accelerometers in a MEMS in your phone is inherently very accurate and sensitive. The oscillator in the phone that is the basis for everything the phone does provided extremely accurate and stable time measurements.

What all that means is the 0 to 60 time you obtain with your phone is a very accurate number.

You need to be more worried about how level the road is and whether there was a head/tail wind to determine if it accurately represents the capability of your car. If you are really interested in what the car is capable of you need to make a number of runs in each direction and take the average.

Dave
dgc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
2014 v6 convertible -- automatic -- completely stock (2.73s) was running 6.0-6.1 avg on a few runs using car's internal 0-60 calculator. After a few bolt on mods, I'd be surprised if you weren't under 5.5 quite frankly.
phillystang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang