Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Factory Ford Alarm System

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  rringler 
#1 ·
Anyone ever install themselves or have someone install the ford factory alarm system? I had the dealer install it and there is issues with it. Every time I lock my car about 30 sec later my alarm will start to go off randomly. All lights are off, all doors and ect. are shut. The dealership as well as myself are stumped. I just dropped my car off for the third time and it's starting to get frustrating. They are really working with me though, the gave me a dealer car in the meantime as well as installed the alarm labor free, installed my chin spoiler, and gave me a brand new battery. So I'm overall happy with the service, got about $1000 of work done for only $200, but miss having my car!!! Any advice for this issue I'm having with this alarm?

Thanks everyone! You all are awesome!

Vehicle Security System - Alarm | The Official Site for Ford Accessories

2013 Race Red V6 Premium. 35% window tint, racing stripes, Diode Dynamics interior LED dome lights, Diode Dynamics license plate LED lights, Diode Dynamics truck LED light, MMD taillight trim, MMD Classic louvers, blacked out all side and back markers and tail lights, Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, upper and lower black modern billet grilles, MGP caliper covers, Ford Boss302 strut tower brace, MMD hood struts, 19" staggered black Axim MMD wheels with Pirelli tires, Raxiom Navigation unit.

See less See more
#2 ·
Installation error?

#4 ·
Does your alarm have a motion detector? If so, have the dealership set it so it won't go off. Also, just because your doors are all shut, doesn't mean that they aren't closing enough.

#6 ·
I installed the OEM in mine....I would 1st try arming it using the physical key in the door lock, that shuts off motion/tilt and IR sensor if you have one. see what happens also have them adjust shock sensitivity. You can get a manual from "codealarm" the mfr by registering or if you PM me your email I can send you a copy. It's a large pdf and I can't attach it through the site.

side note my install was a PITA and I had mfr issues with it (long story)

#9 ·
I had that issue on my 2006, alarm installed at the factory.

I finally tracked it down after replacing the motion sensor. Turned out to be the underhood sensor. It is the most exposed to elements and was triggering a false open on the sensor

#10 ·
lunchtime so I have a few......skip if you don't like to read.

my 1st mod was putting in the OEM alarm...scored it for $100 and figured since Ford wanted $400? it would be smart. I picked up my car on a Saturday AM then had a all day music festival to go to. Early Sunday AM I'm installing it, I'm not a car mechanic but I fix machinery for a living. It took about 8 hrs to do a professional quality install including mounting the LED light in the dash which Ford just hides. I test it and it does not work.....double check all wires.....triple check (the next day after work) the wires. Next day 4x check....they are all good. I went as far as pulling the connectors and checking all the inputs with a meter.....on Wednesday I pull it all out and install it with the wires just going across to see if I could find something weird but it still didn't work. On Thursday I figure out the wire harness they gave me was mis-wired and the wire colors didn't match what they were supposed to be! I swap them around and now it's kinda working but NOT right. I call up the mfr and after time on the phone with a tech and me having answers to to all his questions (something I learned from being a tech myself) he said well maybe you just got a bad one.....OK, how do I get it replaced? Just bring it to the parts counter...Me "I don't work at a dealer" Him "Oh, I thought you did"

After that I was looking at the module it has a chip that is glued to a cover that snaps into place. I believe the mfr makes them for several differeant companies and you can just swap out the chip and harness for other makes (which MAY explain the wire color fiasco) but the chip on mine was not glued in the proper place and didn't lign up when you closed the cover. I had to put a bend in the cover to get it to align with the slots in the module (of course you couldn't see it when the cover was closed).

After all that it worked. except for the fact I had to re-install it with the wires hidden as in my grasping at straws I had tried it with wires just run across the car.

To make it even funnier after all this if you install it yourself you don't get the IR sensor even though the alarm is marketed as having it.

Siber made the correct call I wish I sprung for mine. I spent about 20 hours on it....it should have been 8 and after the 3rd one I would think 3-4 hrs. Oh well it works but what a pain. If anyone wants hints (other than pay for it from the factory) I've been there.

#12 ·
Update:
After another full week of them having my car they finally fixed it. They ended up contacting the manufacturer of the unit and they sent a replacement module or something like that. They also went through and rewired the whole thing from start to finish to double check everything. Not sure which problem was the issue(module or wired incorrectly) but either way it's working correctly now. Thanks again everyone for your help and input. As fun as it was to drive a fusion for a week I'm happy to have my baby back! Lol
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

#13 ·
thx for update...props to your dealer for working on it. I try and learn folks that we all run into difficulties it's how you handle them that matters. It sounds like they are good. This is the kind of event where you should go back and give them Thx esp if you mention this to your sales person/GM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.