BAMA Tuner Windshield Mount? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
BadNews01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 62
BAMA Tuner Windshield Mount?

Hey guys! So I'm looking into investing in a bama tuner and was on american muscle looking for one. I noticed for ONLY $25 more! (infomercial voice) I could add a windshield mount for it. From my understandings of how a tuner works, you only really mess with it when you install a tune/uninstall a tune so I'm wondering why would you want a windshield mount?

Is there something it can display while you are driving that would make it nice to have a windshield mount? I only plan to use the preset settings on the tuner so wondering why someone would want one.

This is a real question! If it the tuner does something else besides just swapping tunes I may want it. Thanks for your help in advance!

This is the tuner I am looking at btw: http://www.americanmuscle.com/x4-cus...er-2011v6.html
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
JudenInduven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Fort Collins
Region: Colorado
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNews01 View Post
Hey guys! So I'm looking into investing in a bama tuner and was on american muscle looking for one. I noticed for ONLY $25 more! (infomercial voice) I could add a windshield mount for it. From my understandings of how a tuner works, you only really mess with it when you install a tune/uninstall a tune so I'm wondering why would you want a windshield mount?

Is there something it can display while you are driving that would make it nice to have a windshield mount? I only plan to use the preset settings on the tuner so wondering why someone would want one.

This is a real question! If it the tuner does something else besides just swapping tunes I may want it. Thanks for your help in advance!

This is the tuner I am looking at btw: Bama SF4/X4 Power Flash Mustang Tuner w/ 2 Custom Tunes 101200 (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping
The X4 can also read certain fields from the ECU, such as the load on the engine, RPM, speedometer, battery voltage, absolute throttle position, to name a few. There are other fields that it can read and display, basically acting as a gauge. I can give you a complete list of the fields later, of course, my X4 is for 99-04 mustangs, so the fields available may be different, though someone can correct me if I'm wrong
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
The chargers are slugs lol
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
BadNews01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
The X4 can also read certain fields from the ECU, such as the load on the engine, RPM, speedometer, battery voltage, absolute throttle position, to name a few. There are other fields that it can read and display, basically acting as a gauge. I can give you a complete list of the fields later, of course, my X4 is for 99-04 mustangs, so the fields available may be different, though someone can correct me if I'm wrong

This may be a dumb question but if you mount it is the information being displayed displayed wirelessly? Cause I know when you first set a tune you connect it to your car...
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
JudenInduven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Fort Collins
Region: Colorado
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNews01 View Post
This may be a dumb question but if you mount it is the information being displayed displayed wirelessly? Cause I know when you first set a tune you connect it to your car...
You have to have it connected via the same cable used during tuning. Where's the OBD-II port on your year?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
The chargers are slugs lol
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
BadNews01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
You have to have it connected via the same cable used during tuning. Where's the OBD-II port on your year?

Not sure I feel like it's under the steering wheel since I haven't seen it but then again I just got the car 2 months ago. I haven't looked much lol

U know I might just get it to have just in case I feel like I would have liked to have one later. I just know the dash already shows a lot of on the display that I figured I wouldn't need the tuner to be displaying the same things
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
JudenInduven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Fort Collins
Region: Colorado
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNews01 View Post
Not sure I feel like it's under the steering wheel since I haven't seen it but then again I just got the car 2 months ago. I haven't looked much lol

U know I might just get it to have just in case I feel like I would have liked to have one later. I just know the dash already shows a lot of on the display that I figured I wouldn't need the tuner to be displaying the same things
Before you make a decision, I'd look at your tuner while it's plugged in, then go to datalog and from there you can select the different fields and see the full list of things the tuner can read

EDIT: if you don't have your tuner yet, I can write down a full list of things it can read off of mine
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
The chargers are slugs lol
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
BadNews01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
Before you make a decision, I'd look at your tuner while it's plugged in, then go to datalog and from there you can select the different fields and see the full list of things the tuner can read
Ah, ok! So there probably would be a way to customize the list where I won't see things I DON'T care to see.
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
JudenInduven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Fort Collins
Region: Colorado
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNews01 View Post
Ah, ok! So there probably would be a way to customize the list where I won't see things I DON'T care to see.
I think the most fields it can read at a time is 8, so yeah, you basically choose what fields go in what spot.

And, as promised, here's the complete list (bear in mind that this is with an X4 intended for a 99-04 Mustang):

Battery Voltage
Coolant Temp
Desired Idle RPM
Fuel Pump Duty Cycle
Idle speed valve duty cycle
Intake air temp
Engine Load
Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
Long term fuel trim bank 2
MAF Counts
MAF Counts (03-04 Cobra)
Pressure Drop across injectors
RPM
Short Term Fuel trim bank 1
Short Term Fuel Trim bank 2
Spark
Throttle Position Absolute
Vehicle Speed
Vehicle Speed (03-04 Cobra)
Analog IN 7 - Red FireWire
Analog IN 8 - Orange Firewire
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
The chargers are slugs lol
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
JudenInduven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Fort Collins
Region: Colorado
Posts: 317
Here are pictures showing the portrait configuration with 8 fields, the landscape of the same thing, how to get to the gauges/datalog screen (not sure that this one was really necessary) and the one I use, which is 4 fields landscape orientation. Hopefully this gives you a good idea of how it can be set up

These are by no means the best pictures in the world, either
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0205161540-00.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	196687   Click image for larger version

Name:	0205161539-01.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	196688  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0205161539-00.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	196689   Click image for larger version

Name:	0205161538-01.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	196690  

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
The chargers are slugs lol
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
BadNews01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
Here are pictures showing the portrait configuration with 8 fields, the landscape of the same thing, how to get to the gauges/datalog screen (not sure that this one was really necessary) and the one I use, which is 4 fields landscape orientation. Hopefully this gives you a good idea of how it can be set up

These are by no means the best pictures in the world, either
Thank you so much for the list and pictures! I just ordered it and went ahead and got the windshield mount with it. I like that you can customize what you want shown and plus it looks pretty cool IMO.
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
JudenInduven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Fort Collins
Region: Colorado
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNews01 View Post
Thank you so much for the list and pictures! I just ordered it and went ahead and got the windshield mount with it. I like that you can customize what you want shown and plus it looks pretty cool IMO.
It's no trouble. The tuner is awesome, I hope you like yours as much as I do mine
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
The chargers are slugs lol
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cheshire
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 621
Or you can get the wireless iTSX tuner and display the stuff on your iPhone or iPad.
__________________
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
BadNews01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
Or you can get the wireless iTSX tuner and display the stuff on your iPhone or iPad.

I was thinking about it. I was reeeeally thinking about it lol

I thought about it and then had decided I wanted to buy the actual device. I like some things digital like software and other things I just like to physically have...especially if it was $400 lol

I know I know it's weird cause it is essentially the same thing. But I just want to SEE my mod.

I really did think it was cool though that it could be on your phone.
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
BadNews01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
It's no trouble. The tuner is awesome, I hope you like yours as much as I do mine

I think I will! I'm pretty excited!
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:21 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
3.7Muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 544
I just got mine and I am loving it! Best $250 Ive spent 😁 on my Mila!
__________________
See my Baby Here

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:43 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
BadNews01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Muscle View Post
I just got mine and I am loving it! Best $250 Ive spent 😁 on my Mila!

You just made me THAT more impatient to get mine hahaha
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
3.7Muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 544
Haha! You don't even know patience!!!

I wanted to have the MPT Ghost Cam Tune ready by the time I got the tuner but my wife (loving wife lol) wants to purchase the tune for me...for my bday....which is still 17 days away!

I could buy it right now if I wanted to but I wont for the sake of my wife.
__________________
See my Baby Here

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
BadNews01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Muscle View Post
Haha! You don't even know patience!!!

I wanted to have the MPT Ghost Cam Tune ready by the time I got the tuner but my wife (loving wife lol) wants to purchase the tune for me...for my bday....which is still 17 days away!

I could buy it right now if I wanted to but I wont for the sake of my wife.

Yeah that's horrible and thoughtful at the same time lol
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tuner: Bama Power Flash Tuner vs. Bama 4 bank Eliminator Chip rosad Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 5 03-08-2015 07:43 PM
bama race tune > bama hybrid tune 13 stang22 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 11 04-16-2013 06:26 PM
New jlt carbon fiber cai/ sct tuner (bama tuned) coming tomorrow i cannot wait...lol godsdisciple85 2011-2014 Mustang GT 4 06-28-2011 05:00 PM
Is a X tuner from Bama ready to go out of the box? oldtexasdog 2005-2010 Mustang GT 9 07-04-2010 02:35 AM
What is the best place to mount a Tuner oldtexasdog 2005-2010 Mustang GT 9 06-23-2010 01:50 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:40 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.