Suspension lowering - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Suspension lowering

Hi everyone, looking at lowering my ride for about 1.5 inche all around, looking at the ST suspension sport shock and struts, SR lowering spring and the PHB, my questions is do I need anything else ?

Airaid Bama tune/Hood strut/MBRP axel back/ Lower control harm (red)
Dcauchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2016, 02:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Control arm relocation brackets and something to correct camber. Camber bolts are about $30 and will work for a 1.5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
45thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Agree with 45thMustang except to say, based on what I've read in this forum, a camber correction isn't always necessary. If you were doing the work yourself you could wait for the camber bolts or plate, if it was convenient for you to check it before and after.
Just FYI...I bought myself a Craftsman Digital Torpedo Level that can be used to check camber angle.($35 retail) Can be used for other things as well, like pinion angle.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2016, 02:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
since control arm relocation need to be done, I would suggest take the chance to replace stock control arm with better aftermarket ones.
alfaromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
since control arm relocation need to be done, I would suggest take the chance to replace stock control arm with better aftermarket ones.
It wouldn't hurt!
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I got the BMRs lower control arms already on the car, i bought relocations brackets, PHB adjustable...

Airaid Bama tune/Hood strut/MBRP axel back/ Lower control harm (red)
Dcauchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Did nothing but put the lowering springs on looks and handles great.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 06:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
You most likely don't need camber/caster plates, nor a new camber bolt. And it probably won't need a front end alignment for the camber, but it never hurts to have it checked anyways. On a previous '13 Mustang I had, I installed SR springs, the only thing that needed adjustment was the toe angle on one side, camber was still in spec. Current car, I installed H&R SS springs, they drop the car a bit more than the SR's. One trick a lot of people do is flip the arrow on the strut mount 180 degrees, this will gain back some camber. Did that with my GT500 strut mounts. Current camber on my car is -.9 degrees on the left, -1.2 on the right. The specified limit is -1.5 for both sides.
2013 v6, performance pack, mt82 manual, MGW Race Spec shifter, SVE Drifts 19x9.5, H&R Supersport springs, Koni yellows, BMR panhard bar, adjustable UCA and LCA, shorty antenna, GT500 strut mounts, black painted roof, Roush splitters all around, GT hood and fog lights.
Josh_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:42 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks123 View Post
Did nothing but put the lowering springs on looks and handles great.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I did pretty much the same thing. I used 05-09 Orange Koni shock and struts with GT500 Strut Mounts with the arrows pointed toward the engine (supposed to be pointed toward the fender if not lowered). Installed my springs and was going to order an adjustable panhard bar in a couple weeks for my Birthday. Measured the difference of the rear end after springs were on, the measurement was closer after lowering than it was before. I didn't order an adjustable panhard bar because i didn't need one.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang