Sold my 2014 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2016, 08:54 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
That's how mine started and eventually got to the point where I could not get the car into gear unless I either started it in gear or waited about 10 - 20 minutes for things to warm up enough to get it into gear. Otherwise, it would just grind.

How many miles are on your car? That's crazy I hope mine doesn't end up like that. But here in Georgia it's not ridiculously cold for too long.

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2016, 10:34 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris44117 View Post
How many miles are on your car? That's crazy I hope mine doesn't end up like that. But here in Georgia it's not ridiculously cold for too long.

Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
My car got really bad around 20,000 miles.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:02 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
My car got really bad around 20,000 miles.

Do you mind telling me what state you reside in?

Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2016, 05:45 AM   #39
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
it's been mentioned at least 2x in the thread. Indiana
Old 02-26-2016, 08:23 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
That's how mine started and eventually got to the point where I could not get the car into gear unless I either started it in gear or waited about 10 - 20 minutes for things to warm up enough to get it into gear. Otherwise, it would just grind.
That must be fairly common. When my Mustangs cold it will go into first but will grind going into second. When I found is that if you hold first gear until around 3k and go from first to third gear it wont grind and the RPM's are wont bog the engine down either. I had the same issue with my 370z that I had before my Mustang.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #41
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I can agree with your final decision. If I get rid of mine, I will not go back to Ford.
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Here is my rant about my car and Ford.

The issues I had with my car in the 24,800 miles I drove it:

Clutch pedal falling to floor at high RPM: Never fixed.

Incredibly hard to get into gear when cold: Never fixed.

Under extreme braking, loss of brakes and clutch: Never fixed.

Car randomly dying: Never fixed.

Cruise control randomly shutting off or accelerating by itself: Never fixed.

Head unit / Sync glitching out and locking up, requiring battery to be disconnected for a few minutes before radio would work again: Never fixed.

Random loud clunk from rear end: Never fixed.

Car popping out of gear: Never fixed.

Driver/Passenger windows rolling themselves up or down (only happened while car was being driven): Never fixed.

Random loss of acceleration: Never fixed. It was like the throttle never opened even when the pedal was to the floor. After a few seconds it would go. Did this under factory tune and with Steeda tune. Could watch the AFR and it would never change until the car started accelerating.

Hazing of display on radio: Fixed.

ABS / Traction control / Stability control failed: Fixed.

Interior pieces falling off or rattling/squeaking: Somewhat fixed.

So ... there seems to be a common thing here. Most of the issues went unresolved. I have to give the dealers credit, they did everything they could but Ford corporate would not authorize the majority of repairs as they could not pinpoint the exact issue and even came back with something like “We can void your warranty as this vehicle has been driven aggressively beyond it's design parameters." Or, "the way the car was driven could be considered abuse." Simply because I hit the rev limiter in 2nd gear, because the clutch pedal stuck to the floor.

I have had several of the issues since I first bought the car. In the 29 months I owned the car, I would guess that over 4 months of my ownership, the car was sitting at a dealer for repair or diagnostics. So, roughly 15% of the time I owned the car, it was not in my possession.

Ford corporate does not care .. at all.

I know of more people that have been treated this way by Ford than any other auto manufacturer.

Right now, I personally know someone who bought a new, fully loaded Ford Explorer ($58,000, never knew they could get that expensive). The vehicle has less than 7,000 miles on it and has left him and his family stranded (engine just dies) more than a dozen times. Each time, the vehicle has to be towed to a Ford dealer, they run diagnostics and can't find any issues, then randomly, the vehicle fires up and runs like nothing happened, until it happens again. No parts have been replaced, the issue has happened at the dealer, nothing has been done.

He asked the dealer to simply replace the vehicle, much like I did with my Mustang, Ford of course declined. The dealerships don't want to lose their @$$ so they just point the finger at Ford corporate and the customer ends up being dragged through the dirt and ends up selling the vehicle at a loss to just get rid of it.

This same thing has happened with a few people I used to run around with that bought 2011 - 2014 5.0's. I personally know two people who had engine failures from the #8 cylinder issue with their stock coyotes and Ford basically said, not our fault, you will have to buy a new engine. I also know another guy who bought a Boss 302. Car had less than 5,000 miles and the MT82 completely died. Again, Ford corporate did nothing. The dealer sold him the transmission supposedly at their cost and comped him the labor time.

I'm not even going to go into how many people I know have had the spark plugs blown out of their 4.6's and 5.4's and Ford simply refusing to do anything about it.

Lemon laws very by state and in Indiana, it's nearly impossible to have a car qualify for that.

Anyways, GM and Chrysler actually seem to care about keeping their customers happy. Ford just takes your money and tells you to get F'd.

As an example, one of my friends bought a GMC Duramax last year and the engine failed within 12,000 miles. The dealership looked into it and found it to not be his fault and offered to replace the engine or contact GM and see if they would authorize just giving him a new truck. He of course asked for a new truck. Within a few weeks, GM authorized a new truck that was nearly fully loaded (his was nearly a base model), also gave him an extended warranty and gave him GM employee pricing on his next GM vehicle. He literally spent maybe two hours of his time to get this accomplished.

Another example, my ex-gf's grandfather bought a new (2009 - 2010) Jeep Grand Cherokee. Owned it for only a few months, the timing chain broke and ruined the engine (4.7L). They replaced the engine under warranty, then it started having electrical issues once he got it back. Chrysler authorized a replacement Jeep at no cost to him. Again, this Jeep he received was nearly fully loaded and came with a Hemi.

Another thing, I live in farm country. Nearly all of the farmers around here drive GM or Dodge trucks. Maybe 1 in 20 will drive a Ford. If you ask them, they will say that Ford makes a nice truck but they are junk and any issues with it and you are F'd.

The way Ford corporate treats their customers and dealers is why I will never buy another new Ford product.

Honestly, I enjoyed my Mustang. If it had been as trouble free as what most peoples have been, I would have kept it. Sadly, that wasn't the case.

As far as whats next for me..

I have taken most of the money and invested it and used the rest to pay off a few things.

My main goal right now is to finish the builds on all the cars that I currently own, then try to buy a plane, assuming I can get a hangar to store it in.
Clearly sounds like an electrical issue to me... that's what nearly all those problems have in common. It really sounds like it was an issue with your ECU... which if your ECU is malfunctioning, you could expect your car to malfunction in unexplainable ways...

Regardless, I'm sorry this happened to you bro. Sounds like the biggest cluter**** I would never want to deal with...
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:50 PM   #43
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Virginia
Sorry to hear man.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Gt350r is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang