Mustang Evolution Forum banner

no passenger firewall cover?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kennyprost 
#1 ·
So I was doing some work in my sjb, just recently purchased the car, had remote start installed but didn't spring for the surprise extra cost to hook up the horn connection for a door locks. So I did it myself.

Anyway, when I got down there I noticed the kick Plat isn't really held in but anything but the carpet. I see screw whole tabs for what I would think would be a firewall cover (if I'm using that right, I'm not a grease monkey I just know how to research and get stuff done), does anyone know if there are covers for this or was this just the design ?

Looks unfinished to me and I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for this part if it exists. I'm attaching some pictures for reference.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

See less See more
#3 ·
Its normal. My wife's 2014 Edge Limited is also the same. Ford was too cheap to have the carpet go up higher :(

#6 ·
Well i guess if the premium is the same way then that would be why I cant find the cover for sale. It must be the same in the GT's if they used the same frame, and another reason to not be able to find the part. Seems odd that they even put in the screw hole for one yet decided not to make the actual cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.