Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Switch to 5.0

4K views 66 replies 29 participants last post by  FastFord19 
#1 ·
How many of you would switch to a 11-12 5.0 if it was near the price that you could sell your v6 for?

2013 mustang v6 premium

#41 ·
The 3.7 V6 is a great car to commute in. I found that the V8, especially with manual, is a bit of a chore to keep from trying to park in the person in front of you's trunk in rush hour traffic.

The 34mpg highway I get is also amazing. Of course, I average 25 but half of my commute is in a total traffic jam. I'd shudder to think what I'd get with the V8. Probably 16-18mpg combined.

#44 ·
I have no problem driving a 5.0 6M in daily DC traffic, the only place in the U.S. rated to have worse traffic than you have.

#49 ·
I'm talking about the GT. The GT front looks pissed off and mean and scowling. Even better with the CDC lip.

But like I said to each their own. If I was to ever get a DD for mileage it very well might be a 11/12 V6. And it would immediately get an 10-12 GT/Roush front.

#51 ·
More like this. This car actually looks mean. But like I said to each their own. I prefer the 10-12 GT front with the 13/14 tail lights and that's just me.

#threaderailed

Attachments

#57 ·
Yeah I have to agree with Siber... the "bun/smiley" theory really can be applied to both. The 13/14 might have a little thicker bun or bigger smile, but they are present on both cars.

I'll be honest, I would love to be able to get the upper grille fog lights on mine but can't seem to find a aftermarket way of doing that. I think those upper fog lights make it look a lot tougher and more like a traditional Mustang.

That said I think the 11-14 is the best looking Mustang of them all, so no complaints here.

#58 · (Edited)
Yeah I have to agree with Siber... the "bun/smiley" theory really can be applied to both. The 13/14 might have a little thicker bun or bigger smile, but they are present on both cars.

I'll be honest, I would love to be able to get the upper grille fog lights on mine but can't seem to find a aftermarket way of doing that. I think those upper fog lights make it look a lot tougher and more like a traditional Mustang.

That said I think the 11-14 is the best looking Mustang of them all, so no complaints here.
1 - Not at all. The 10-12 GT has an angular grille and a very frowny pissed off lower section. There is no smile present unless you have a V6 or a GT with the Boss/CS front setup.

2 - Agreed, the 10-14 body style is probably the best looking one besides maybe a few of the classics... OR a really well done New Edge.

#60 ·
13-14 rear looks nicer as most people have stated, but in the end it is personal taste. You want a gt, fine... I supercharged my v6 and I am still waiting (patiently) to take off against a gt (especially a 15, not a fan of the look, especially rear), ss or challenger.
Anyway, do the following mods:
1) flowmaster exhaust. 2) gt500 rear spoiler, 3) mmd side scoops 4) mmd hood scoop 5) gt500 dual stripes, 6) carbon fiber interior 6) eichbach anti roll away bar kit 7) 19" staggered bullits 8) bbk shorty ceramics headers 9) rocker stripes and finally 10) procharger supercharger
Making 410 rwhp and 320 torque.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#61 ·
Honestly at the prices the 11/12 V6s are these days... they are a badass option for a LOT of ppl on a budget.

#63 ·
^That too. My wife's aunt has a 2014 PP auto V6 that is coming off lease next year. I just saw it the other day, it still looks literally brand new. She and her husband are insane when it comes to cleanliness and maintenance on their cars. I may very well be picking it up next year. I dunno. Would be a daily for me or even the wife. Not a fan of the front bumper like I said but... will have to see what it costs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.