Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Add CJPony Parts spinners or upgrade wheel/tire setup

4K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  ronnie948 
#1 ·
I have the 18X8 Polished Aluminum Mustang wheels, they came on the Pony Package of my 2013 V6 coupe. I am considering adding the spinners sold by CJPony Parts to my existing wheels that are in great shape due to the low miles on my ride, or upgrading the wheels (19x9 all around) and tires. A fellow Stang owner and co-worker made the change to 19x9 wheels and he indicated that the rear OEM rotors looked awfully small behind his new 6 spoke wheels. So he upgraded the rotors to larger sizes and replaced the OEM calipers with Brembo. I would prefer, let me restate that my wife does not want me to spend the money on any new parts, but I think I can work the deal for new wheels and tires, cost of new brake components would be out. Also I have purchased (not installed) new OEM size slotted and drilled rotors. So I want to know if any one out there in Stang country has installed the CJPP spinners on the mentioned OEM wheels, and if so what are your thoughts? I would love to see photos with them installed. As for upgrading to 19x9 wheels wanted to know youe thoughts on keeping the OEM size rotors. Would love to see photos of such size wheels with the OEM rotors. As always thanks for your time and thoughts/comments.

#2 ·
Do you have a link to them or a pic?

#5 ·
Spinners on a '13 Mustang!??

**Head explodes**

#10 ·
------------------
Once you put them on, we will have to form a firing squad for you. :rolleyes:

#11 ·
Not a fan. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#28 ·
Opinions are like....I put them on my '14 PP wheels. Personally I like the way they changed the look. They have that '60's throwback look to them...

View attachment 197386
IMO, you could put Kate Upton on those PP wheels and they would still look horrible.

I'm getting my new AM GT wheels mounted tomorrow... cannot wait to get them on. I will be using the ugly PP wheels for winter use only from here on out.

#15 ·
Don't let those of us who are not fans discourage you. If you like them, that is all that matters. I'm sure there are things that I did to my car (window louvers probably) that other people don't like. It is no problem for me because I think they look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#16 ·
I like them.
Ronnie

#18 ·
Things like these are not for everybody, They do look good on the wheels in the picture but I don't think they would look good on my gray 18 inch MCA wheels.
They need a nice chrome or bright silver wheel to fit in.

Ronnie

PS:, I'm so freakin old I still like "MOONS" & "Baby Moons

#27 ·
Thanks for taking the time to send me photos of your Stang with the CJPP knock off spinners installed. I think they look good, will do some price gathering on new 19x9 wheels and tires first since that is really the direction I want to go as long as it doesn't cause a divorce from my wife.

#31 ·
Hey Ken, The spinners would look great on your car with those wheels.
Ronnie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.