Add CJPony Parts spinners or upgrade wheel/tire setup - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Add CJPony Parts spinners or upgrade wheel/tire setup

I have the 18X8 Polished Aluminum Mustang wheels, they came on the Pony Package of my 2013 V6 coupe. I am considering adding the spinners sold by CJPony Parts to my existing wheels that are in great shape due to the low miles on my ride, or upgrading the wheels (19x9 all around) and tires. A fellow Stang owner and co-worker made the change to 19x9 wheels and he indicated that the rear OEM rotors looked awfully small behind his new 6 spoke wheels. So he upgraded the rotors to larger sizes and replaced the OEM calipers with Brembo. I would prefer, let me restate that my wife does not want me to spend the money on any new parts, but I think I can work the deal for new wheels and tires, cost of new brake components would be out. Also I have purchased (not installed) new OEM size slotted and drilled rotors. So I want to know if any one out there in Stang country has installed the CJPP spinners on the mentioned OEM wheels, and if so what are your thoughts? I would love to see photos with them installed. As for upgrading to 19x9 wheels wanted to know youe thoughts on keeping the OEM size rotors. Would love to see photos of such size wheels with the OEM rotors. As always thanks for your time and thoughts/comments.
rgwest61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2016, 06:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Do you have a link to them or a pic?
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Spinners... Spinners? Bro, 2002 called, they want their rims back.

I've run 19s on the 3 mustangs we have had now, the rears look fine.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2016, 07:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
He's probably talking about the center cap spinner known to some as a knock off. I think changing wheels would give you the change your probably wanting. However if you really like your wheels try the new center caps and post some pics.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Spinners on a '13 Mustang!??

**Head explodes**
2013 v6, performance pack, mt82 manual, MGW Race Spec shifter, SVE Drifts 19x9.5, H&R Supersport springs, Koni yellows, BMR panhard bar, adjustable UCA and LCA, shorty antenna, GT500 strut mounts, black painted roof, Roush splitters all around, GT hood and fog lights.
Josh_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
He's probably talking about the center cap spinner known to some as a knock off. I think changing wheels would give you the change your probably wanting. However if you really like your wheels try the new center caps and post some pics.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

You are indeed correct, theye are called spinners on the CJPONY Parts website, sorry for the confusion.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, people like to jump to conclusions around here.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Here is a link from the CJPP website that shows the center cap spinners/knock offs I am referencing;

5R3Z-1130-AA Mustang Ford Wheel Center Cap Spinner With Tri-Bar Running Horse Logo 2-1/2" Set 2005-2014 | CJ Pony Parts
Old 02-23-2016, 02:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwest61 View Post
I have the 18X8 Polished Aluminum Mustang wheels, they came on the Pony Package of my 2013 V6 coupe. I am considering adding the spinners sold by CJPony Parts to my existing wheels that are in great shape due to the low miles on my ride, or upgrading the wheels (19x9 all around) and tires. A fellow Stang owner and co-worker made the change to 19x9 wheels and he indicated that the rear OEM rotors looked awfully small behind his new 6 spoke wheels. So he upgraded the rotors to larger sizes and replaced the OEM calipers with Brembo. I would prefer, let me restate that my wife does not want me to spend the money on any new parts, but I think I can work the deal for new wheels and tires, cost of new brake components would be out. Also I have purchased (not installed) new OEM size slotted and drilled rotors. So I want to know if any one out there in Stang country has installed the CJPP spinners on the mentioned OEM wheels, and if so what are your thoughts? I would love to see photos with them installed. As for upgrading to 19x9 wheels wanted to know youe thoughts on keeping the OEM size rotors. Would love to see photos of such size wheels with the OEM rotors. As always thanks for your time and thoughts/comments.
------------------
Once you put them on, we will have to form a firing squad for you.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Not a fan. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Old 02-23-2016, 07:24 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Opinions are like....I put them on my '14 PP wheels. Personally I like the way they changed the look. They have that '60's throwback look to them...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1345.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	197386

Steve
'14 Deep Impact Blue V-6 Coupe
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
SRE TUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Have to agree, not a fan.

It must be the angle of the camera because the wheel gap in your pic makes it look like you have 14s on your car.

Sent from the future.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:38 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I had them on my 09 base wheels and on my 2012 3.7 base wheels they looked good on them. If they work for ya go for it
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:35 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Don't let those of us who are not fans discourage you. If you like them, that is all that matters. I'm sure there are things that I did to my car (window louvers probably) that other people don't like. It is no problem for me because I think they look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 02-23-2016, 01:28 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I like them.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I like them.
Ronnie
I like them also, but you like me Ronnie are considered Old.
I actually had the knock off Center caps on my Cragar SS Mags on my 72 Ranchero.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:48 PM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Things like these are not for everybody, They do look good on the wheels in the picture but I don't think they would look good on my gray 18 inch MCA wheels.
They need a nice chrome or bright silver wheel to fit in.

Ronnie

PS:, I'm so freakin old I still like "MOONS" & "Baby Moons
Old 02-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

My 72 had Pie Plates and Beauty rings, I put Baby moons on in place of the pie plates Ronnie
Then I got the Cragar SS
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I'm guessing the people that thought yo were talking about the spinning rims were probably born in the 90's sometime.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:07 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Not a fan of the throwing stars you're referring to.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:34 PM   #22
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Yuck. Not my taste.

IG: the_notorious_vig_
Old 02-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Might be a 55+ thing.😁

Sent from the future.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Might be a 55+ thing.😁

Sent from the future.
I resemble that remark. 55 years and 10 days

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-23-2016, 09:13 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, I'm just playing. Happy belated b day!

Sent from the future.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Might be a 55+ thing.😁

Sent from the future.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:52 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for taking the time to send me photos of your Stang with the CJPP knock off spinners installed. I think they look good, will do some price gathering on new 19x9 wheels and tires first since that is really the direction I want to go as long as it doesn't cause a divorce from my wife.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:31 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRE TUS View Post
Opinions are like....I put them on my '14 PP wheels. Personally I like the way they changed the look. They have that '60's throwback look to them...

Attachment 197386
IMO, you could put Kate Upton on those PP wheels and they would still look horrible.

I'm getting my new AM GT wheels mounted tomorrow... cannot wait to get them on. I will be using the ugly PP wheels for winter use only from here on out.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:49 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
IMO, you could put Kate Upton on those PP wheels and they would still look horrible.

I'm getting my new AM GT wheels mounted tomorrow... cannot wait to get them on. I will be using the ugly PP wheels for winter use only from here on out.
They have grown on me slightly over the past two years that I have owned the car. One of these days I will get something new to replace them. The only thing about them that I like is they have a similar look to the '66 hubcaps that I had way back when I had my Fastback...I never saw it until I posted a couple of photos showing the '66 caps with spinners next to the PP with the spinners.

Steve
'14 Deep Impact Blue V-6 Coupe
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
SRE TUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:16 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRE TUS View Post
They have grown on me slightly over the past two years that I have owned the car. One of these days I will get something new to replace them. The only thing about them that I like is they have a similar look to the '66 hubcaps that I had way back when I had my Fastback...I never saw it until I posted a couple of photos showing the '66 caps with spinners next to the PP with the spinners.
These are what I replaced mine with on my Performance package, and the knock offs would still work on them since they are a Ford rim
Old 02-24-2016, 04:25 PM   #31
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey Ken, The spinners would look great on your car with those wheels.
Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang