bad driver experiences... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
bad driver experiences...

and how did you deal with them? I drive a beautiful Mustang that I wish not to have totaled or in any type of accident (as we all do). Anyway, I was driving this morning, first one at a red light. Light turns green, I'm halfway in the intersection, and the person decides to make the right on me forcing me to slow down. (I like red lights as I can accelerate quickly). I don't like honking, so rather I got next to her and just revved it and gave her a stare. I don't like generalizing, but I mean, come on! Wait your damn turn. As I said, I've been real patient with these crowded SOCAL streets and traffic. How do you guys deal with this?
On a side note, one thing I always like to do is when I'm at a red light and I can see the person behind me on his/her phone or distracted. The light is still red, but I decide to rev it LOL, and I can see the person behind me fiddling or something as if traffic is continuing to move forward. LOl. Cracks me up every time.
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Smile at and give them wink if they give you any hand gesture

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Horn. Lots of horn. Aftermarket horns are better. Throwing pennies out the sunroof works also.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2016, 10:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
So when you see someone not paying attention behind you your first response is to startle them? Seems like a good way to get a new rear bumper.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
So when you see someone not paying attention behind you your first response is to startle them? Seems like a good way to get a new rear bumper.

Lol good point never thought about it that way. My thing is they should be paying attention not on their phone.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 02-24-2016, 10:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'll leave you with a phrase my dad told me when I started driving.

"A lot of dead people had the right of way."

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post

Yupp. It's also fun to watch them jump when they're being an idiot next to you. 90% of the time I'm in a 1 ton truck or bigger. The rest i'm in my Focus.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:55 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
πŸ–•πŸ½I'm Known for using my phalange.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:14 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I've had two bad experiences lately where honking at another driver just made them go crazy. Tailgating me, accelerating around me, slamming on their brakes, phalanging me (I liked that, so I used it) etc................I have made a vow to just take a deep breath and drive on.
That is SOOOOO hard to do sometimes.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
First thing I did was move away from Southern California, the idiot drivers around here are easier to ignore.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I just use my horn. People around here act like they don't hear it and just continue on.

So annoying.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Very defensive driving!

2013 mustang v6 premium package
Powder coated gold metallic wheels
Bama tune
Quarter window louvers
3.55 gears manual

2008 fz1
Chris44117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

That's what gets me... I'm being as defensive as can be... Yet, one cannot fix others mistakes... I mean this girl saw me coming hesitated and then still had the nerve to continue w the right turn. I don't know if she had I have a Beamer mentality or whatnot, but that's just plain unsafe. What if I were accelerating quickly and would have rear ended her?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Old 02-24-2016, 03:47 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
πŸ–•πŸ½I'm Known for using my phalange.

Good for you Rosario!

Nothing like a friendly wave to diffuse the situation.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I had that in Orange County once, lady in a VW pulled out in front of me, took out 200 feet of wall with a Mack truck pulling a set of bottom dumps.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:50 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
I've had two bad experiences lately where honking at another driver just made them go crazy. Tailgating me, accelerating around me, slamming on their brakes, phalanging me (I liked that, so I used it) etc................I have made a vow to just take a deep breath and drive on.
That is SOOOOO hard to do sometimes.
I find that it becomes easier with age. Just let the idiots go on being idiots, and continue on with your day.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
That's what gets me... I'm being as defensive as can be... Yet, one cannot fix others mistakes... I mean this girl saw me coming hesitated and then still had the nerve to continue w the right turn. I don't know if she had I have a Beamer mentality or whatnot, but that's just plain unsafe. What if I were accelerating quickly and would have rear ended her?

Everybody makes mistakes. I have never met anyone who is 100% all of the time. All that you can do is just drive as defensibly as possible.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:58 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Good for you Rosario!

Nothing like a friendly wave to diffuse the situation.

Bro that's my way of the alternative. I used to take things like that so personal. I once followed a guy till he stopped at a red light. I was gonna ring his neck. Once he saw me coming he ran the red light. I had every right though to make an example of him. Older now and calmer.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:04 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosariors3 View Post
Bro that's my way of the alternative. I used to take things like that so personal. I once followed a guy till he stopped at a red light. I was gonna ring his neck. Once he saw me coming he ran the red light. I had every right though to make an example of him. Older now and calmer.

Lol.
I used to be the same way.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Lol.

I used to be the same way.

πŸ‘πŸ» bro I can tell u so many stories of ppl doing dumb shiit. Some ppl need an asss kicking and make them think twice how they drive

Old 02-24-2016, 04:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
My story from last Fall is not really a "bad driver" story, but it's still one that would make most people drop some f bombs out loud.

I had just finished detailing my Pony, including new wax job, and was driving on the interstate to go pick up my daughter. I look ahead and there is a semi pulling a pig trailer. Suddenly a MASSIVE amount of liquid started dumping from the back and it was unavoidable... COVERED my freshly detailed Stang.

Yes, you guessed it... Pig urine. Brothers, I about lost my mind.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
My story from last Fall is not really a "bad driver" story, but it's still one that would make most people drop some f bombs out loud.

I had just finished detailing my Pony, including new wax job, and was driving on the interstate to go pick up my daughter. I look ahead and there is a semi pulling a pig trailer. Suddenly a MASSIVE amount of liquid started dumping from the back and it was unavoidable... COVERED my freshly detailed Stang.

Omg, I can see your frustration. I would have been trying to find a customer support number I could call for damages.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:01 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
On Average

One thing you have to keep in mind is that women have poorer depth perception than men.
On the other hand, they typically have better night vision.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

Ewww! Reminds me of that manure scene from Back to the Future...at least it wasn't a convertible!
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:06 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Ewww! Reminds me of that manure scene from Back to the Future...at least it wasn't a convertible!
Lol True... But I had the air vents going and I could smell it pretty bad.
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:10 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 02-24-2016, 09:24 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Riding to Sturgis with my buddy in 91 through the Atomic waste land in Idaho when we passed a pig hauler. 114 degrees out in the sun at the time. You should have seen the people in the restaurant when we stopped for lunch
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:26 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordwhite View Post
Riding to Sturgis with my buddy in 91 through the Atomic waste land in Idaho when we passed a pig hauler. 114 degrees out in the sun at the time. You should have seen the people in the restaurant when we stopped for lunch
But just think of all the beautiful tasty crispy bacon those piggies got turned into!

Just kidding...and with my apologies to the non-meat-eaters.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:49 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Whoever said it earlier I will try it next time some one does something incorrectly: rev, smile and wave in that order lol

Old 02-25-2016, 04:12 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Whoever said it earlier I will try it next time some one does something incorrectly: rev, smile and wave in that order lol

Don't forget to winkπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang