Mustang Evolution Forum banner

bad driver experiences...

2K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  bamaboy2014 
#1 ·
and how did you deal with them? I drive a beautiful Mustang that I wish not to have totaled or in any type of accident (as we all do). Anyway, I was driving this morning, first one at a red light. Light turns green, I'm halfway in the intersection, and the person decides to make the right on me forcing me to slow down. (I like red lights as I can accelerate quickly). I don't like honking, so rather I got next to her and just revved it and gave her a stare. I don't like generalizing, but I mean, come on! Wait your damn turn. As I said, I've been real patient with these crowded SOCAL streets and traffic. How do you guys deal with this?
On a side note, one thing I always like to do is when I'm at a red light and I can see the person behind me on his/her phone or distracted. The light is still red, but I decide to rev it LOL, and I can see the person behind me fiddling or something as if traffic is continuing to move forward. LOl. Cracks me up every time.

#3 ·
Horn. Lots of horn. Aftermarket horns are better. Throwing pennies out the sunroof works also.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
So when you see someone not paying attention behind you your first response is to startle them? Seems like a good way to get a new rear bumper.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#5 ·
Lol good point never thought about it that way. My thing is they should be paying attention not on their phone.

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#6 ·
I'll leave you with a phrase my dad told me when I started driving.

"A lot of dead people had the right of way."

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#9 ·
I've had two bad experiences lately where honking at another driver just made them go crazy. Tailgating me, accelerating around me, slamming on their brakes, phalanging me (I liked that, so I used it) etc................I have made a vow to just take a deep breath and drive on.
That is SOOOOO hard to do sometimes.

#13 ·
That's what gets me... I'm being as defensive as can be... Yet, one cannot fix others mistakes... I mean this girl saw me coming hesitated and then still had the nerve to continue w the right turn. I don't know if she had I have a Beamer mentality or whatnot, but that's just plain unsafe. What if I were accelerating quickly and would have rear ended her?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, procharger supercharger, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers

#15 ·
I had that in Orange County once, lady in a VW pulled out in front of me, took out 200 feet of wall with a Mack truck pulling a set of bottom dumps.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#21 ·
My story from last Fall is not really a "bad driver" story, but it's still one that would make most people drop some f bombs out loud.

I had just finished detailing my Pony, including new wax job, and was driving on the interstate to go pick up my daughter. I look ahead and there is a semi pulling a pig trailer. Suddenly a MASSIVE amount of liquid started dumping from the back and it was unavoidable... COVERED my freshly detailed Stang.

Yes, you guessed it... Pig urine. Brothers, I about lost my mind.

#23 ·
On Average

One thing you have to keep in mind is that women have poorer depth perception than men.
On the other hand, they typically have better night vision.

#29 ·
Whoever said it earlier I will try it next time some one does something incorrectly: rev, smile and wave in that order lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.