Nitrous and other mod questions... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Nitrous and other mod questions...

Long time since ive posted on here, especially since I haven't modded in a while either...

Anyway I wanted to get some honest opinions on spray kits and a little mod help. Im wanting to go twin turbo, some buddies have great kits through JMP but for the meantime ill try NO.

I want to spray and hoping for at most a 100 shot, unless I can get more out of it without blowing my engine. Any kit or help with the proper setup on this would be helpful. I also have a good hookup for ported manis and tb and wonder if that would be good if im going to be boosting in the future?

Plus I am planning on getting my LCAs put on and wonder if ill need the relocation brackets?

As far as mods go I have...

MAC LT headers
MAC O/R Prochamber
GT500 axlebacks
JLT CAI
SR springs
Koni Orange rear shocks
3.73 gears
MPT 93 Tune
I trap 108 and run 13.2 at the track

Thanks and any info going forward would be great!

Disregard that sig its been a while....
bbowman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have the BMR control arms non adjustable and the relocation brackets. I dont think the brackets are really needed unless you lower your car. Some say at the track lowering your control arm can improve 0-60ft.
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed3.7 View Post
I have the BMR control arms non adjustable and the relocation brackets. I dont think the brackets are really needed unless you lower your car. Some say at the track lowering your control arm can improve 0-60ft.

Yeah my 60ft isn't too great, could be lower in my 1/4 and anything helps for sure. I have the Eibach Pro Adj LCAs and I have the lowering springs so I guess ill need those brackets then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2016, 04:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbowman88 View Post
Yeah my 60ft isn't too great, could be lower in my 1/4 and anything helps for sure. I have the Eibach Pro Adj LCAs and I have the lowering springs so I guess ill need those brackets then.
How's your wheel hop on launch? The lack of relocation brackets generally would cause more.
As RaceRed3.7 indicated, relocation brackets are typically used when lowered. To bring the angle of your LCA's back close to where they were originally. See the following explanation...

LCA Relocation Brackets Explan.docx

Also, if not already done, you should check your pinion angle.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
How's your wheel hop on launch? The lack of relocation brackets generally would cause more.
As RaceRed3.7 indicated, relocation brackets are typically used when lowered. To bring the angle of your LCA's back close to where they were originally. See the following explanation...

Attachment 197669

Also, if not already done, you should check your pinion angle.
This word doc needs to be stickied; for a few days I have been trying to understand what the relocation bracket actually do mechanically on a lowered car and this is now being printed out and placed on my desk while I look for suspension mods, thanks a ton for the link man!
kgallowaypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa View Post
This word doc needs to be stickied; for a few days I have been trying to understand what the relocation bracket actually do mechanically on a lowered car and this is now being printed out and placed on my desk while I look for suspension mods, thanks a ton for the link man!
I thought it was great when I first found it. I've since posted it a few times.
It's actually only a section of an article that can be found here...

Sorry but the links I have don't want to work. I'll have to attach a copy I had downloaded.

LCA Suspension Modifications and Adjustments.docx
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that actually explains a lot, thanks for that input brother

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I just sent my upper and lower manifold out yesterday to get ported. Only costs $250 and the pictures of the guys worked looked very professional! Lots of good reviews
Old 03-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Regular
Supporter

I think your car is janky! LOL Just messin.

Get that DS man! Your car hates you without it!
ZombieSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbowman88 View Post
Long time since ive posted on here, especially since I haven't modded in a while either...

Anyway I wanted to get some honest opinions on spray kits and a little mod help. Im wanting to go twin turbo, some buddies have great kits through JMP but for the meantime ill try NO.

I want to spray and hoping for at most a 100 shot, unless I can get more out of it without blowing my engine. Any kit or help with the proper setup on this would be helpful. I also have a good hookup for ported manis and tb and wonder if that would be good if im going to be boosting in the future?

Plus I am planning on getting my LCAs put on and wonder if ill need the relocation brackets?

As far as mods go I have...

MAC LT headers
MAC O/R Prochamber
GT500 axlebacks
JLT CAI
SR springs
Koni Orange rear shocks
3.73 gears
MPT 93 Tune
I trap 108 and run 13.2 at the track

Thanks and any info going forward would be great!

Disregard that sig its been a while....
I read on here somewhere ot was safe to run a 125 shot, correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckhammer View Post
I just sent my upper and lower manifold out yesterday to get ported. Only costs $250 and the pictures of the guys worked looked very professional! Lots of good reviews
I have a guy here for around the same price, on my to do list for sure

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSlayer View Post
I think your car is janky! LOL Just messin.

Get that DS man! Your car hates you without it!
Yeah its needed, especially with the hp going up

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
nitrous